Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 08:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do coins encourage early adoption? (A lot)  (Read 1822 times)
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:40:02 PM

The coins that artificially encourage early adoption are just a scammy way of re-creating what happened with Bitcoin naturally.

Bitcoin was completely fair, Satoshi publicized it with the whitepaper well ahead of time, and anybody who wanted to could participate from day 1. Since Bitcoin was the first example of the kind of technology that could actually solve the Byzantine Generals problem, practically everybody just laughed at him and very few people took it seriously until years later.

Now that we actually know that a blockchain / proof-of-work actually works, we have a bunch of opportunists who either didn't take Satoshi seriously when they could've actually mined a ton of Bitcoins easily or just didn't know about it. Sorry, this ship has sailed!
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:42:24 PM

Short term profit mainly. Though distribution is usually the answer they will give.
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:25:03 PM

Have you never put a bag over someones head and have them agree to whatever plan you have knowing that they want to be a part of whatever it is your doing? This is just about how I view crypto currency, all of them, bitcoin and all of its bastards, some very intelligent cryptography experts have sold the rest of the early adopters a chance to come out ahead of the Jones's with "new" (untested) currency for peer to peer trade, with some economic theory that makes all early adopters rich cause it is easy to obtain while in its infancy but will become more difficult and therefore more valuable as it grows, such a truly beautiful design it has Wallstreet sold on it (crooks) and thousands of people worldwide.
It only makes sense to follow in the steps of the most successful coin, the parent coin, and adopt the same rules that it started with and attempt to climb to its same status, give early adopters (supporters) a chance of great wealth, knowing that people talk and it will spread further, spread the information of the new and great currency so the few founder's attain great wealth.
Greed, i think so, or maybe it can be summed up as capitalism , not necessarily greed Per Se, but a personal drive to obtain wealth.
The philosophy behind bitcoin has been disguised and hidden from the masses and has also become directed by the greedy (capitalist)  community, the proof is that the common person cannot easily obtain a fair share of the currency without possibly falling victim to the volatile market, pretty sure everything I read 7 months ago was against people becoming victims of a market and crypto currency was meant to become a fair trade means of bartering peer to peer, when bitcoin became difficult to obtain greed set in, and developers of other coins followed the best path to success.

my 2 cents

yeah one of the biggest things I don't like about Bitcoin is the block reward reduction and its in almost all the other coins

I left it out for Blakecoin as it just feels wrong I want to be able to mine for many many years  Cool

also the pre/insta mine type coins are a joke but so many take it as "most profitable" which is crazy as after a few months some of them only offer 1 coin block reward, who is going to mine 1 coin block reward when at the beginning it was 1 million or something  Shocked
Ya the insta mine thing makes no sense at all to me, if you want to continue to have a network, then the coins need to keep coming  as a reward, it will be interesting to see what happens to the networks in the future, i will look at blakecoin's model now, I am following the bernankoin cause the difference in rewards is so far off from mainstream early adopt coins, I think as crazy as the joke is it actually makes sense to continue to reward miners, no matter that they get rich (happens in the physical industry).

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
Gorgoy

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:48:17 PM

So I often seen coins that give out higher amounts (x2, x5) on the first few days, or their blocks halve after a certain amount of time.

I know early adopters and people with big amounts of shares in a coin are essential to making it grow; but people don't want to participate in it because they miss this big adoption period.

If I remember correctly I saw Stable Coin started out with low block rewards and the blocks actually increased as time went on. This made it so late adopters don't feel any less screwed.

What is it about giving the first few people that jump on board hundreds of thousands or millions (depending on the coin) within the first few days?

Why are a few days worth several months later? Why don't coins simply have the distribution change based on the difficulty of the coin instead of halving it and leaving the late adopters out in the rain?

Can anyone explain to me why its set up this way? It just seems to be greed to me. The developers are more active and can mine a lot more coins while the difficulty is low AND with their boosted block payouts. I'd really appreciate if someone could honestly explain it. Does inflation really play that big of a role in it?

You know there is one other coin, I know that Blakecoin has been mentioned by the Dev and I love Blakecoin cause of it, that has variable distribution based on difficulty and that seems to be very fair and CPU based, YACoin. I believe YACoin has a lot of potention due to the variable distribution based on difficulty, I just wish that more coins out there would follow that model. I agree that millions of coins generated in hours or even minutes is just insane.

Ɏ : YEojPD2QxFVaSUypTLYhwJgmVekqoAtdE3
฿ : 1946hwLbBdLNSA1FFUY3ZvRx6j6dqvbzcE
Ł : LczTrStBZ8b1Y4DJU59CjtYRtjKufbTXPE
Ғ : 6i4S4BfHfC9LLmTBhjYDVKe7g8XfPz9uj8
Ψ : AGpoWwc6N59PPqKbzRTAiFG5WmDEQU7Ydp
ζ : ZLYFK2KNrFDDGVbEJPKnTdWuGk3iA3CNY2
G : GQbjHcGPgUwRBKZcdoMCpuf24QSXY5t5bf
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: