Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:51:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a threat to USD and Pound Sterling?  (Read 1366 times)
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:34:53 PM

Bitcoin is not a threat to any fiat currency out there. Please stop the paranoia. Also not a threat to central banks, governments, etc. Stop watching conspiracy theory videos on YouTube. Bitcoin will coexist with all of them.

3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:45:31 PM

Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

if yes, give an estimated time this can happen.

Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies at the moment are not a threat to any fiat money.
Crypto-currency is generally a threat to the governments of all countries - because it is not controlled in the main and governments can not control bitcoins and other crypto-currencies.
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:59:02 PM

Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

Ever since the bitcoin expanded its territory it has been started to become a threat for pound and dollar. Knowing that this two well known currencies have the largesg value therefore making them be the wants and needs of many of us. But since the time we have since bitcoin's value, we turn unto it.
IndoUSminus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:37:06 AM

Bitcoin cannot be a threat to USD, Pound Sterling, or any other conventional currency. Not in the next decades, at least.
ayambawang

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:44:52 AM

if it is called a threat, I think it is not right because both the dollar and the btc play their respective roles at the moment, but if in the future where btc is fully legal and become a recognized transaction tool throughout the world it is not impossible that it will shift the existence of the dollar at present, isn't that change necessary and every thing in the world must have a time, a time of glory and there will also be a time when all ends as well as dollars, so that is not a problem to be debated continuously
indoagung88

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:48:55 AM

I don't think so for now, I don't think bitcoin will be a threat to the USD and Pound sterling. and bitcoin is still an asset. but it is not impossible if someday bitcoin will replace all currencies, but it takes a very long time and process. all possible in crypto. Cool

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:57:21 AM

Hello guys,

No it will not be a threat because Bitcoin was created as alternative investment to earn more fiat currencies particularly the US dollar currency for our future spending. In fact the US government and the United Kingdom did not ban Bitcoin as investment and currency as they see it as no threat at all as long as it was properly regulated.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:19:51 AM

Yes, bitcoin is a threat to USD and pound sterling or other fiat money, but not in the real sense. exactly, as an alternative that is very well liked by the public Because bitcoin is more efficient dan more reliable.
Come on it is an alibi given by the government to ban the use of bitcoin. I don't think bitcoin will threaten the existence of dollars
or other fiat currencies. You're right. we only use bitcoin as an option no more than that? there is nothing to fear from bitcoin
Subwooferred

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:36:01 PM

Of course, not! Not yet, at least. Are you kidding? BTC is a fetus as compared to those two fiats. Besides, it is totally different from them and people don't seem to know its real potential. Until they do, no one can be 100% certain as to whether it could pose any threat to other currencies. We can speculate however we wish, but that doesn't change the fact: we know almost nothing about it.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:02:08 PM

Hello guys,

No it will not be a threat because Bitcoin was created as alternative investment to earn more fiat currencies particularly the US dollar currency for our future spending. In fact the US government and the United Kingdom did not ban Bitcoin as investment and currency as they see it as no threat at all as long as it was properly regulated.
You you right. I myself don't see that bitcoin will threaten to the local currency let alone replace it as the main currency, that's what the real government feared. after all, just few people that use bitcoin for currency because users are more inclined to use it as an investment. so the government doesn't need to worry about bitcoin
Crypto one

Activity: 221
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:12:36 PM

Yes I think that bitcoins and a few other crypto are a future threats to the dollar world domination. We see all the other big economic trying to break free of the dollar, and we see countries who can be kick off the swift international money transfer system. This will in the end leave people to use crypto and the crypto people will choose will be bitcoins.
We are only a few steps away from a international economic breakdown, where no countries will accept other countries inflation hit fiat currencies, all the central banks are printing money in a quantum nevertheless seem before.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:34:37 PM

I do not think Bitcoin is a threat to both. Because basically everyone who holds Bitcoin will still exchange their Bitcoin with local currency, in order to be used to transact traditionally. We know that Bitcoin can only be used online, while dollars and poundstreling can be used online and offline for wider transactions. So, Bitcoin is not a threat.
Exactly. I agree wih you. Without fiat i dont know how can we be able to determine the value of our bitcoin, through sacks of grain, bars of gold or what? They are two separate currencies with different uses. Like gold, you will never know the value of it per gram without fiat or local currency unless you trade them for commodities with no exact and specific amount or value per transaction.

qwerty12

Activity: 313

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:28:57 PM

Absolutely. However, it’s going to take years, We would need to accomplish several key steps. This includes dramatically improving user adoption and trust before bitcoin can even rival fiat currency (USD, etc) in terms of spending power or reliability.

Of course, if we can solve the main problems with adoption and build the right infrastructure, we could end up reaping all the advantages bitcoin such a system would offer.
FXTradingPro

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:06:36 PM

It is not a threat to the US Dollar. The Dollar is tied to too many commodities and too integrated with international trade. The pound will also probably not be replaced any time soon. The currencies that are at risk of replacement from BTC are the from countries that are in economic distress. Like Turkey most recently where its currency has been falling dramatically. Venezuela is another example where BTC might replace as it is a way for people to deal with rampant inflation.
Fran4esco4

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:58:27 PM

I think that in the future bitcoin is a threat only for payment systems, such as a visa, and western union. But he can never stop the dollar. After all, the dollar is an important part of the economy of the whole world.
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:06:06 PM

Yes indeed. Bitcoin threats all powerful currencies like dollar, euro, yuan, Macedonian dinnar Smiley I mean bitcoin shows up to rule them all and revoulitionize all economic system . In ten years no currency is matter.
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 09:10:08 PM

Hello guys,

Bitcoin will surely be a threat to Dollars and Pounds Sterling. The reason is because as time goes on, people will chose using Bitcoin instead of the pound or dollar.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Raheemolu

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:29:35 PM

Its not really a threat because we cant compared fiat currency with that of a digital currency, fiat will always take the lead as the most accepted means of payment.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:05:55 AM

Hello guys,

At least for now cryptocurrency is not t threat for USD or EUR or other currency, but later i don't know about it.
Because currently there are still peoples that prefer to use fiat currency than cryptocurrency.
Crypto need to be used more, and when everyone use it, crypto will become a threat for fiat.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
dillonplayadoe

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:11:19 AM

Hello guys,

Yes all fiat currencies are slowly dying.  I think the plan is for them all to crash leaving Bitcoin as the replacement.  I think we are in the danger zone now and it could happen whenever the plug is pulled. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: