Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:04:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85450 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:15:23 PM

"Other Coins" are welcome at TweetForum as well. There is no reason why we can't openly debate these auxiliary chains. http://tweetforum.com/other-currencys/

What's there to debate? People choose to mine them or not.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:20:18 PM

"Other Coins" are welcome at TweetForum as well. There is no reason why we can't openly debate these auxiliary chains. http://tweetforum.com/other-currencys/

The different currencies and whether they will succeed or not lol? My members are getting paid Bitcoins to post so I think they look for debate.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:20:52 PM

The different currencies and whether they will succeed or not lol? My members are getting paid Bitcoins to post so I think they look for debate.

Nice what's the rate for posting?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:22:00 PM

Nice what's the rate for posting?
0.25 BTC per every 100 Posts. We have strict guidelines to keep the posts quality way above any other forum you can think of. Find out more details here.

http://tweetforum.com/bitcoin/bitcoin-paid-to-post-program/

Retweet it if you like it please ! Thanks Smiley
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:04:50 PM

That's like saying there's nothing to debate in politics, people vote Republican or Democrat.

Maybe it's debatable wether or not they are worth to mine or acquire by other means. I myself am still unclear about the intentions of the creators and it would also be fun to discuss the different possible futures of this Coin or OtherCoins in general and the reflux this has to Bitcoin. Do the intentions of the creators matter in general or just the outcome of a project? Also the parameters of the currency itself are debatable (e.g. when will txfee change, how will it be done, what repurcussion will it have when people suddenly notice that these parameters can be changed rather easily and quietly). There's tons of stuff to debate, even if you think it's a scam. If you don't see any problems worth debating, you didn't look hard enough.

It doesn't seem to me you're someone who doesn't like to debate. Your post-count increases by like 50 posts everytime I see it.

Maybe if you had debated a little more before getting into the dixcoin, as you call them, debacle you wouldn't have to now make threads like "Was IXCoin a SCAM?".

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:05:05 PM

Wow, it looks like we're actually seeing an increase in value at each difficulty adjustment, as it should be theoretically.  I'm just surprised this *coin is following that formula.  Awesome!

Mousepotato
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:11:28 PM

The dynamics of having the difficulty increase gradually is interesting. Also being able to so easily exchange them for bitcoins makes for an interesting decision for miners to sell for a quick profit or to hold and speculate.

SolidCoin has so far succeeded where Ixcoin and I0coin have not. Ixcoin's 580k premined blocks was too much of a turn off. And I0coin's bug in the retargeting code has killed it. I'm interested to see what happens to SolidCoin in the long run.

Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:33:38 PM

Wow... my SolidCoins have quadrupled in value since yday! 

Mousepotato
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:34:51 PM

When is the next difficulty adjustment? lol

Mousepotato
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:58:29 PM

Just tweeted about SolidCoin through http://twitter.com/#!/Dutch_Brat/status/106847311644200961

sesQnsFDsTNm2mruurEwcwP7xZxnPKAt7Q

Brat
moonboon

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:16:10 PM

New #solidcoin pool up at http://pool.squidnet.org ... automated payouts, only 1% fee, api access to account for stats, bring your G/hash!  I know you've seen the price going up.. Time to get some SC! Smiley
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:28:11 PM

congrats on going over 1 bitcent.. that is quite an achievement..

next in the cross hairs.. namecoin at 0.028.. it actually looks doable.

Go solid

PS can you edit the docs in the source?

doesnt look so good when all the instructions says bitcoin.exe.. I'd be willing to do it for some solids Tongue

mooo for rent
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:37:41 PM

• Fixed transactions fees instead of unknown variable fees in BTC
I don't see these fees documented anywhere. What are the fees?

• 3 minute blocks, 32 SolidCoins per block
  • Concentration of Bitcoins into elitist early adopters that have no interest or desire to help Bitcoins be used by "normal" people
Actually, you have it backwards. SolidCoin is going to be very much concentrated into early adapters. Due to the cap on difficulty increases, block are flying out at a rate much faster than 3 minutes. Because of this, SolidCoin is spewing freshly minted coins to early adapters far faster than Bitcoin ever did. It took about a year to generate the first 1.5M Bitcoins. SolidCoins will reach that level in a matter of weeks.

Buy & Hold
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:42:07 PM

0.01 SC per transaction.
So do these fees stay like this forever? The fees aren't really explained very well on the website.
Conräd

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:48:25 PM

You can change your Solddicoins now on Yourtrade.tk
Here is the Forum link: http://yourtrade.site11.com/Forum/viewforum.php?f=25

I know it´s a free webspace and a free domain, but there are no fees when you exchange something Wink
Anonymous

August 26, 2011, 12:23:53 AM

• Concentration of Bitcoins into elitist early adopters that have no interest or desire to help Bitcoins be used by "normal" people
Actually, you have it backwards. SolidCoin is going to be very much concentrated into early adapters. Due to the cap on difficulty increases, block are flying out at a rate much faster than 3 minutes. Because of this, SolidCoin is spewing freshly minted coins to early adapters far faster than Bitcoin ever did. It took about a year to generate the first 1.5M Bitcoins. SolidCoins will reach that level in a matter of weeks.

Thats because satoshi mind them with a cpu.  He didnt use 400ghs  Smiley
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 12:27:13 AM

Because they are "fixed" in a point of time but they can also be changed, if that makes sense. It's currently fixed to 0.01 (which is less than the equiv in BTC). It's very useful to businesses to know the fee in advance, they can also query the JSON api to get it (sc_getfee) .

The site will be getting an update later today with some more information on this, I do agree with most people keeping fees as low as possible whilst still providing incentive to miners is essential.

The thing is Bitcoin paved the way for understanding about how this works. Thousands of individuals around the world now own SolidCoins and yet it's not even a week old. This is many times better than Bitcoin which was very concentrated into a few people. Not only this but going on the donations and comments people have been sending me many of these people are very much in the "I love these changes here is some donations to help it succeed" mindset. Whereas early BTC adopters are where? Leaving the source to rot full of bugs (I've fixed about 50 now) and not making it easy for businesses and users to join the network.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 12:33:15 AM

Got my 100 SC. Thanks!  Grin
~Patiently waiting for mine~

I've cashed out buddies. Not bad for 12 hours of mining. 30 BTC..........BAM!

EDIT: I mean 32 BTC.

Ha ... https://scexchange.bitparking.com/main

any regrets? ... You could be the pin-up "2 pizzas for 10,000" smoothie guy?

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 12:33:42 AM

Got my 100 SC. Thanks!  Grin
~Patiently waiting for mine~

I've cashed out buddies. Not bad for 12 hours of mining. 30 BTC..........BAM!

EDIT: I mean 32 BTC.

Ha ... https://scexchange.bitparking.com/main

any regrets? ... You could be the pin-up "2 pizzas for 10,000" smoothie guy?

LOL

I've no doubt smoothie's cried himself off to sleep a few times this last week  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 12:42:37 AM

so are you coinhunter as well? Roll Eyes

mooo for rent
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: