Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:06:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did either cointerra or hashfast ship yet  (Read 2928 times)
traiz (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 07:23:37 PM

I tried searching the forums and only found troll threads...
Have anyone received anything from either of those two companies?

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 10:33:37 PM

Nope. KNC is the only 28 NM box out there that I know of.

Of course who knows what is mining away that isn't for sale.
TerraHasher

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:10:32 AM

No, Hashfast is done with pretty much batch 1-3.5 right now, but they launched it on the network i think a little over a week ago or so, ( the 200 + terra hash spike we saw pop up over night ) so once they have milked it for every ounce of bitcoin they can and drove the difficulty up through the roof so the 400 GH/s is the equivalent of a usb miner. then they will ship you your $2,500 useless piece of hardware. Welcome to the corporate world of bitcoin, they incorporate a company with no money, say, "hey we are going to make a product, give us your money" then we all form up in a line, worse that the ebay idiots and fight hand over fist who is going to give them their money first. they then take all the money we spent ,develop a product, use it all for themselves until it has no value any more, then deliver it to us when the unit is obsolete and useless for the immediate future. I feel sorry for every one who ordered from them, You can get 400 GH/s from black arrow with their X-1 for about $1,500 and it will delivery the same time.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:25:17 PM

Ignore terrahasher.  he's a conspiracy theorist.

neither hashfast nor cointerra have yet shipped though both are imminent.

hashfast has chips back from the fab but seems to be having other production problems and has yet to show it working and to announce final performance & power consumption figures.   Its about two months late, but still (with days to go) within their contractual delivery period.  theyre still claiming they will ship the batch 1 customers before year end (and i hope they do as im one of them!) though its really tight to achieve that.

There was a trip report by Eligius a few days ago that showed a photo of a system running at 424 GH... which seems to be pretty much on spec.  it was claimed to be underclocked, but we're not sure, as 424 GH was the previously announced spec in their own documents.  Hopefully there's still margin for overclocking as well as their web site says they got it running at 500 GH and claims its the fastest bitcoin mining chip in the world but there's not yet an official demonstration and scant details of that feat.  since cointerra's is specced to run at > 500 GH, that claim may be true this week...

cointerra are expecting chips back any day now (late dec - according to their schedule) and are expected to deliver the january production batch pretty much on time (ie: in january - though the original late december batch has pretty much been moved into january with the customers' blessing and some compensation from ct).  we're expecting them to show a working box within the next couple of weeks (early jan).  theyve shown everything else is done... ie: box, board, cooling system etc so confidence is good at this point that they will deliver in jan.  there've been a few trip reports, including one i did a couple of weeks ago (on my way to the Inside Bitcoins conference in vegas)

At this point, the only people who have successfully delivered a working 28nm product are KnC... and even they arent shipping right now this minute.  They say theyre waiting for hashfast to deliver before they resume shipments.  I have several Jupiters and theyve been very good for me... and theyre busy hashing away.  im impressed with KnC's attention to detail and customer focussed attitude.  Theyve done a lot to earn their excellent reputation and they proved it was possible to go from Tapeout to Customer deliveries in two months.   But their products are more expensive (measured in $ per GH) than the newer competition... so there is a dilemma... to order from the proven reliable people or wait for the newer more competitive people.
TerraHasher

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:59:01 PM

Awwww, that was not nice. Sad lol . Also not a theory, not that i want to go digging again, but there is photographic evidence and i am not the only one who has seen it.

The good news is i just completed my troll badge from Bit Scouts. hahahahaha

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:22:00 PM

Awwww, that was not nice. Sad lol . Also not a theory, not that i want to go digging again, but there is photographic evidence and i am not the only one who has seen it.

The good news is i just completed my troll badge from Bit Scouts. hahahahaha
There is absolutely nothing that supports your claim.  A 2% blip on the network hashrate graph is not significant and happens all the time.

Hashfast's incentives are heavily weighted to ship ASAP.  Their batch 1 customers have a strong case for bitcoin refunds, and the exchange rate shifts, and network hashrate change means that HF could only resell those units for ~10% of the refunds.  I think they will miss the ship window for many customers, and it will be interesting to see how the situation plays out.  Will people give up their place in line in hopes of a refund?

OP: aerobatic has given you a good summary of the situation to date.  The thing to watch for now is actual performance data.  Both HF and CoinTerra have selected very aggressive sizes for their hardware.  They have to meet their power targets to actually deliver.  If not, the thermal budget is far to high at the package level, and power consumption is equally bad at the system level.  If they do meet their targets, 1 Th/s is the new normal, and the network size continues to shoot up over the next 2 quarters at least.
chuckscap

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:43:23 AM

hashfast has chips back from the fab but seems to be having other production problems and has yet to show it working and to announce final performance & power consumption figures.   Its about two months late, but still (with days to go) within their contractual delivery period.  theyre still claiming they will ship the batch 1 customers before year end (and i hope they do as im one of them!) though its really tight to achieve that.

There was a trip report by Eligius a few days ago that showed a photo of a system running at 424 GH... which seems to be pretty much on spec.  it was claimed to be underclocked, but we're not sure, as 424 GH was the previously announced spec in their own documents.  Hopefully there's still margin for overclocking as well as their web site says they got it running at 500 GH and claims its the fastest bitcoin mining chip in the world but there's not yet an official demonstration and scant details of that feat.  since cointerra's is specced to run at > 500 GH, that claim may be true this week...

cointerra are expecting chips back any day now (late dec - according to their schedule) and are expected to deliver the january production batch pretty much on time (ie: in january - though the original late december batch has pretty much been moved into january with the customers' blessing and some compensation from ct).  we're expecting them to show a working box within the next couple of weeks (early jan).  theyve shown everything else is done... ie: box, board, cooling system etc so confidence is good at this point that they will deliver in jan.  there've been a few trip reports, including one i did a couple of weeks ago (on my way to the Inside Bitcoins conference in vegas)

At this point, the only people who have successfully delivered a working 28nm product are KnC... and even they arent shipping right now this minute.  They say theyre waiting for hashfast to deliver before they resume shipments.  I have several Jupiters and theyve been very good for me... and theyre busy hashing away.  im impressed with KnC's attention to detail and customer focussed attitude.  Theyve done a lot to earn their excellent reputation and they proved it was possible to go from Tapeout to Customer deliveries in two months.   But their products are more expensive (measured in $ per GH) than the newer competition... so there is a dilemma... to order from the proven reliable people or wait for the newer more competitive people.

We (my son and I) have a KNC Jupiter that's been hashing away since Dec 9th, should break even this week.  Very nice piece of hardware running at a consistent 650 GHs and quiet too.  Our two Jallys are noiser generating their 16 GHs.  I'm guessing we have about 3 months of good mining after our break even point if bitcoin stays around the same value and difficulty doubles every month.

Regards,

Chuck
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:51:57 AM

Ignore terrahasher.  he's a conspiracy theorist.

hashfast has chips back from the fab but seems to be having other production problems and has yet to show it working and to announce final performance & power consumption figures.   Its about two months late, but still (with days to go) within their contractual delivery period.  theyre still claiming they will ship the batch 1 customers before year end (and i hope they do as im one of them!) though its really tight to achieve that.

There was a trip report by Eligius a few days ago that showed a photo of a system running at 424 GH... which seems to be pretty much on spec.  it was claimed to be underclocked, but we're not sure, as 424 GH was the previously announced spec in their own documents.  Hopefully there's still margin for overclocking as well as their web site says they got it running at 500 GH and claims its the fastest bitcoin mining chip in the world but there's not yet an official demonstration and scant details of that feat.  since cointerra's is specced to run at > 500 GH, that claim may be true this week...

cointerra are expecting chips back any day now (late dec - according to their schedule) and are expected to deliver the january production batch pretty much on time (ie: in january - though the original late december batch has pretty much been moved into january with the customers' blessing and some compensation from ct).  we're expecting them to show a working box within the next couple of weeks (early jan).  theyve shown everything else is done... ie: box, board, cooling system etc so confidence is good at this point that they will deliver in jan.  there've been a few trip reports, including one i did a couple of weeks ago (on my way to the Inside Bitcoins conference in vegas)

At this point, the only people who have successfully delivered a working 28nm product are KnC... and even they arent shipping right now this minute.  They say theyre waiting for hashfast to deliver before they resume shipments.  I have several Jupiters and theyve been very good for me... and theyre busy hashing away.  im impressed with KnC's attention to detail and customer focussed attitude.  Theyve done a lot to earn their excellent reputation and they proved it was possible to go from Tapeout to Customer deliveries in two months.   But their products are more expensive (measured in $ per GH) than the newer competition... so there is a dilemma... to order from the proven reliable people or wait for the newer more competitive people.

I liked you the moment you sat across from me at CoinTerra's lab. Nice post. Also, glad to see you in LV, albeit I was donning a pink tutu like I told you I was going to do while in Austin.

~TMIBTCITW
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:19:18 AM

They say they're waiting for hashfast to deliver before they resume shipments.

"They" being KnC.  Somebody tried to explain this KnC strategy to me, but I'm too dumb for one explanation.  Can someone try again, please?  What is KnC's thiinking here?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
aerobatic

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:28:18 AM

They say they're waiting for hashfast to deliver before they resume shipments.

"They" being KnC.  Somebody tried to explain this KnC strategy to me, but I'm too dumb for one explanation.  Can someone try again, please?  What is KnC's thiinking here?

they've said its to protect the network and their customers.

i suspect it is exactly that... but with the extra nuance that...

1.  if knc are the main people shipping petahashes, then any additional that they ship will be hurting their own network and customers.

2.  knc presumably have also been mining themselves with their spare extra hardware...  thus protecting the network and their customers will also protect their own mining.

3.  they want their customers to be happy, and to break-even, so that they think well of them next time and buy more hardware from knc.  it worked  knc has the best reputation in the mining business and people are rushing to re-order.

4.   they've made so much money (I'm guessing $50M+) AND..  they've got such a stellar reputation that they can bank any sales that they want, including pre-orders for neptune... thus they didn't need to ship any more hardware right now, until someone else starts to ship in volume.  thus the extra month or two that they didn't ship is actually worth quite a bit to their customers and themselves.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:47:16 AM

Thanks, Aerobatic. 

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:18:20 AM

They shipped plenty of dreams of that counts?
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 08:43:15 PM

They shipped plenty of dreams of that counts?

Anyone bet on this?

http://bitbet.us/bet/550/cointerra-will-deliver-in-2013/
chuckscap

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:59:24 PM

We're very happy with KNC and of course we got lucky.  We ordered our Jupiter on Nov 8th (barely got in the last buy), it was delivered on Dec 9th and has been happily hashing at 650 GHs ever since.   We broke even this week which in mining is success (at least a small one).

Regards,

Chuck
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 06:46:29 AM

Have you been converting to fiat broke even our bitcoin broke even?
asicmadness

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:54:05 PM

Still waiting for CoinTerra to ship , had early January orders ,
aerobatic

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:13:21 PM

cointerra seems to have started shipping.  i don't have mine yet but I'm hoping any day now

-- Jez
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:40:16 PM

We're very happy with KNC and of course we got lucky.  We ordered our Jupiter on Nov 8th (barely got in the last buy), it was delivered on Dec 9th and has been happily hashing at 650 GHs ever since.   We broke even this week which in mining is success (at least a small one).

Did you break even in dollars or BTC?

I almost pulled the trigger on a Jupiter early Nov, but decided to just buy coins instead.
chuckscap

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:05:54 AM

We are ahead in BTC and dollars counting electricity.  With the new difficulty we are only making .11 BTC at day but hey when Bitcoin hits $10,000  ...

Regards,

Chuck
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:17:19 AM

yes, cointerra started to ship , here :

http://bit.ly/1fxpATc
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:22:08 PM

cointerra seems to have started shipping.  i don't have mine yet but I'm hoping any day now

-- Jez

Then how come nobody here has theirs yet?
There still isn't even confirmation that they got the fcc approval, which is a MUST before they print a single shipping label.

Don't just link their bs PR.  if someone has one of these units IN HAND can we please here from THEM and not from people who have been defending these guys for months.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: