Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 07:39:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a "private" currency?  (Read 2435 times)
maaydin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:29:45 PM

well if you need the address of a person than it is not private any more and everyone can track you which makes it a public thing and in my opinion blockchain will make us more dependent and more open publicly to the governments
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:57:53 PM

well technically bitcoin is a private currency  because it is not run by governmeny nor under central bank. every establishment or  real state etc.can be consider as a public property it is run by government but since government is against bitcoin then its private, but can you imagine how our life will be more easier if bitcoin will be accepted be all government worldwide and will releasw also by central bank.. the much more benefits is in society still why..theres a lot of thing that we benefit by bitcoin.. getting easy job making extra money at the same time learning on how our economy runs.. it is not about just one countries but it is benefit of all countries. if I hope all the negative news about bitcoin will stop now ..because theres a lot of people exertung their effort just to learn more about bitcoin not just to earn trade or anything but to learn  new thing from bitcoin.
candolbitcoin214

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:04:20 AM

on the contrary, I believe that bitcoin can be called a private currency because it is not controlled by the state
Is it? How can it become private when it can be own by everybody? It is Peer to peer, peer to group, group to peer, company to company. It can't be private when everyone can access it.
jhezmark

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:16:18 AM

This bitcoin is not private currency .
because some people want to be legal and to accept the government  the bitcoin.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:18:44 AM

if the BTC is a personal currency used and controlled by the global elite, I think it could happen
Evidently, the whale players, can play the price by utilizing the news and his ability to change market prices
Sudarmoon

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:27:31 AM

I think bitcoin is the world's currency and not just a personal currency, bitcoin currencies are very well applied to the general world.
dedelp01

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:30:59 AM

I think its not, all people can have the opportunity to own bitcoin so its not private.

ZENODYS.com ││ Making every digital asset just a drag and drop away
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:35:40 AM

it is a private currency owned and used by public. Though it is commonly used by public, it cannot be called a public currency since the control of it doesnt came from a government, instead it came from a private person who is until now is still anonymous.
Blackrain13

Activity: 328
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:47:58 AM

I think in my own view Bitcoin is a private currrency because it is decentralized which means free from government even it is use publicly by the community. It is not hold or issued by the government because if bitcoin is called as public currency,government has a full control over it.

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:52:17 AM

It is not owned by any higher entity so it is not private. After all, why would people call bitcoin a decentralized currency in the first place if it is all coins came from a single person and is manipulated by the said person? Bitcoin is made public because it is originally meant to be the official currency of the future.

bitcoinajax455

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:27:43 AM

Bitcoin is not a privite currency, becouse everyone of us can take a part of bitcoin. That's why it is decentralized it is peer to peer. But in the other side it connot be could a public currency becouse no one own bitcoin.
wilson_bitbybit

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:36:35 AM

I think it is wrong to call bitcoin a "private" currency.

On the contrary, imo bitcoin is much more of a public currency that any national currency is.

I think pseudonymous currency sounds more appropriate.

But if this is not enough for you, you just have to wait for features like MimbleWimble. It can make Bitcoin much more anonymous.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:04:40 AM

on the contrary, I believe that bitcoin can be called a private currency because it is not controlled by the state
but this is one big thing that matters now,since we are not controlled by states,countries are pushing policy towards our community here,and because of this PRIVACY were facing many issues now and most of this are seriously needed an action..maybe we can do good moves so pursuing us will stop now.
378budiman

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:13:51 AM

At first, the knowledge of bitcoin is hidden and it seems private currency. But unfortunately, now all the public are starting to inverse in bitcoin, better call it a public currency.
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:09:27 AM

Because in my country bitcoin has not been fully acknowledged, then i think it could be a personal currency because its usefulness is still limited and only fellow commodities can use it.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:22:15 AM

I think it is wrong to call bitcoin a "private" currency.

On the contrary, imo bitcoin is much more of a public currency that any national currency is.

It is a dictatorless, permissionless, and borderless currency. It has been the same for the past 11 years.

Bisul

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:36:49 AM

can not be a private currency, because bitcoin is used by the public. and only a few know about bitcoin.
igorkupcov3009

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:09:16 AM

Bitcoins and other crypto-currencies are private and open systems. Their ideology is that anyone can become an issuing center. Classical monetary mechanisms, on the contrary, are centralized: central banks are responsible for the issue.
NashAmajh
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

Of course Bitcoin is a private currency. actually it is the most secure cryptocurrency.no one can hack it or do any illegal thing with it. so you have not to worry about the privacy or security of Bitcoin just invest in Bitcoin now and starts to get profits.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:23:50 AM

What is the definition of private in your statement means? If private define a condition with bitcoin ecosystem then yes it is, because bitcoin wasn't controlled and managed by government but more like private developer. However if you're talking about the private in the definition of consumption then bitcoin can be categorized as public currency and not private because it totally controlled by supply and demand and without any government intervention.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: