Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to ruin Dogecoin  (Read 8240 times)
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:03:36 AM

As far as I know it was just one guy who stole the meme of 2013 and source code that was publicly available. He put out a few press releases and because idiots adopted his joke coin he made thousands. He made the coin as a comment on how stupid people like you are. And here you are. Living proof of humanities stupidity. He's laughing all the way to the bank and you'll be catching knives.

Are you calling MarkM stupid? Although he has an opposing viewpoint than mine, he comes across as an informed and articulate individual.

You on the other hand are poorly informed. Google is your friend --- it wasn't one guy for starters. http://spelunk.in/2013/12/17/discover-dogecoin-currency-for-the-internet/

Second in terms of articulating your argument, it isn't very polite to come into a conversation and call someone stupid.

Merry Christmas.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:05:48 AM

As far as I know it was just one guy who stole the meme of 2013 and source code that was publicly available. He put out a few press releases and because idiots adopted his joke coin he made thousands. He made the coin as a comment on how stupid people like you are. And here you are. Living proof of humanities stupidity. He's laughing all the way to the bank and you'll be catching knives.

Are you calling MarkM stupid? Although he has an opposing viewpoint than mine, he comes across as an informed and articulate individual.

You on the other hand are poorly informed. Google is your friend --- it wasn't one guy for starters. http://spelunk.in/2013/12/17/discover-dogecoin-currency-for-the-internet/

Second in terms of articulating your argument, it isn't very polite to come into a conversation and call someone stupid.

Merry Christmas.

stupid is as stupid do(g)es
Pangia

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:06:24 AM

Merry Christmas.

LMAO.

Merry Christmas.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:10:46 AM

Mr. Dogecoin (the creator) is already aware of the issue and will fix it, so relax guys.  It's not the end of the world.

How is he going to fix it? Transactions fees are still a great unsolved issue in Bitcoin after five years of debating.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 01:11:17 AM

Merry Christmas.

LMAO.

Merry Christmas.

Next he'll be saying there is no Santa Clause.

-MarkM- (Or, worse, no Santa Claus!)

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:11:54 AM

Is it a hack-job by people who didn't know what they were doing?

it's a joke coin where people took it way too seriously.

It's the adopters that set the value of the coin. Not the devs.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Gorgoy

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:38:10 AM

the sooner this abortion dies the better

Well said

I couldn't agree more

Ɏ : YEojPD2QxFVaSUypTLYhwJgmVekqoAtdE3
฿ : 1946hwLbBdLNSA1FFUY3ZvRx6j6dqvbzcE
Ł : LczTrStBZ8b1Y4DJU59CjtYRtjKufbTXPE
Ғ : 6i4S4BfHfC9LLmTBhjYDVKe7g8XfPz9uj8
Ψ : AGpoWwc6N59PPqKbzRTAiFG5WmDEQU7Ydp
ζ : ZLYFK2KNrFDDGVbEJPKnTdWuGk3iA3CNY2
G : GQbjHcGPgUwRBKZcdoMCpuf24QSXY5t5bf
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 02:56:03 AM

Sounds like a challenge, folks!

What will it take to cause this chap to agree more?

Maybe he is capable of more agreement than he realises and merely needs more motivation or inspiration?

:evil:

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:06:16 AM

I hope it dies off. This coin is an embarrassment for the crypto coin community. To many noobs showed up right as it launched. Now it stuck. It offers no innovation to cryptos.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:15:34 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 03:03:34 PM by Starlightbreaker

I hope it dies off. This coin is an embarrassment for the crypto coin community. To many noobs showed up right as it launched. Now it stuck. It offers no innovation to cryptos.

poor guys, mining with shit-tastic laptop and cpus.

but hey, learning experience, i guess.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

CryptoHits

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 03:16:52 AM

http://www.CryptoHits.info/?coin=DOGE

DOGECoin
1 DOGE = 0.00000089 BTC
1 DOGE = 0.00002633 LTC
1 DOGE = $0.00064269 USD (Based on BTC)
1 DOGE = $0.00059243 USD (Based on LTC)

scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:20:20 AM

more fud almost every alt coin is vulnerable to dust transactions

trying to bring doge back down to 50 for the big buy ins to complete huh?

some people will actually fall for the fud and sell out oh well

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

sighle

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:23:54 AM

I don't understand... just 1 year ago the Bitcoin community would have done anything to make Bitcoin mainstream and get as many people involved as possible.

Now accessible coins like doge come along and suddenly make "noobs" show up and get interested in cryptocurrency and you complain?

Get off your high horse and stop being such a cynic. Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean the coin is useless. It's spreading *awareness* and that's more than you could ever ask for.

[DOGE]: D6EBXikfCaPqcEJULsR2qzrLWyGBdYEwGv
[LTC]: LbPrmVGKnVhn6G8FFGFdthPyP1tjFucZHu
BTC: 1JpJ4tTM2ZCCLQf1jAnTmQbKMq7LGbrmQG
scarface

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:26:50 AM

this type of thinking that only computer nerds with 5000 dollar asic rigs can only mine coins is why value is so low

lets face it doge is bringing tons of new people and the btc/ltc crowd is scared

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:31:07 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 03:00:28 PM by Starlightbreaker

this type of thinking that only computer nerds with 5000 dollar asic rigs can only mine coins is why value is so low

lets face it doge is bringing tons of new people and the btc/ltc crowd is scared

i'm in it for the money.

i couldn't give a slightest fuck about what coins bring the crowd, as long as it makes money.

scared of what? people mining with sub-par equipment? more popularity?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:34:01 AM

Either way I am going to keep mining coins with much more long term profitability... lets the noobs waste their hash on Doge Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:34:47 AM

Agreed, there are much better coins to attack than doge. Dogecoin community acknowledges that it's just for fun and that nobody should take it seriously.

Yet people are seriously considering it as an investment.

It's just funny to see so many people hating a coin because they don't like the meme  Cheesy

I don't like it either, but this is fun, even Billy said the coin was just for fun, yet everyone seems to take it way too seriously!!!

Just relax and take the coins with a grain of salt, no one's forcing you too mine it, and if you're investing in things like this for the sole purpose of becoming rich then...well...you're just not doing it right. Never gamble with what you aren't willing to lose, simple. Just relax and enjoy it and go about your lives and don't invest every moment of everyday worrying about it. If you want to do serious trading and investing, then stick to the big coins
scarface

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:41:11 AM

i'm in it for the money.

i couldn't give a slightest fuck about what coins bring the crowd, as long as it makes money.

scared of what? people mining with sub-par equipment? more popularity?

so your making money but your shit talking about it at the same time

thats called shitting were you eat bro

not good

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Pangia

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Guess what folks.

Nothing happened. 

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║