Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheaper In Bitcoins  (Read 15974 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 08:38:26 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2011, 08:58:36 AM by Xenland

*This post is periodically updated
---------------------------------------

Cheaper In Bitcoins . Com

Reset password page now works https://cheaperinbitcoins.com/resetpassword

Search for your favorite movie: http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/listproducts.php?category=86

RSS feed here: http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/rssfeed.php

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 08:57:19 PM

We wish you nothing but success with your new company  Cool
jostmey

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 12:00:32 AM

Awesome website. This may be just what is needed to stimulate sales in the bitcoin economy ! ! ! !

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 12:27:53 AM

(Just a minor nitpick: please, please don't use the baht symbol for BTC. It's really not understandable why people detest using 1$ as 1BTC but not detest 1฿)
Site looks really cool right now. I would really like a feature to freeze the scrolling thing: that way I can actually read the text without hacking the page. Like maybe if your mouse is hovering over the marquee it stops.
wildboy211

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 02:36:13 AM

I really like the website, ill be checking back to see what you have and hopefully make some purchases...
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 07:49:15 AM

(Just a minor nitpick: please, please don't use the baht symbol for BTC. It's really not understandable why people detest using 1$ as 1BTC but not detest 1฿)
Site looks really cool right now. I would really like a feature to freeze the scrolling thing: that way I can actually read the text without hacking the page. Like maybe if your mouse is hovering over the marquee it stops.
In Mexico and many Latin American countries they officially use the $ sign for pesos.

I say keep the "baht" sign Wink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_sign
brandon@sourcewerks

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 01:51:38 PM

I can attest the site is secure.  Grin
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:10:44 PM

Keep the baht symbol, it's the best thing we have.
Yuusha

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 11:08:37 PM

It's really not understandable why people detest using 1$ as 1BTC but not detest 1฿)
Because the symbol for the dollar is known by practically everyone, everywhere, and most people associate it with the US Dollar. The same does not apply for the baht sign.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 11:48:15 PM

It's really not understandable why people detest using 1$ as 1BTC but not detest 1฿)
Because the symbol for the dollar is known by practically everyone, everywhere, and most people associate it with the US Dollar. The same does not apply for the baht sign.
If I were Thai I would be honored lol. 
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:56:48 AM

Most of the images dont work.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 01:31:03 PM

So therefore I'm not "most people"? Whenever I see "$", am I wrong to assume CAD or AUD or any of the bajillions of other countries with a dollar? If anything, the $ sign is closest to a universal sign of currency.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 03:29:17 PM

So therefore I'm not "most people"? Whenever I see "$", am I wrong to assume CAD or AUD or any of the bajillions of other countries with a dollar? If anything, the $ sign is closest to a universal sign of currency.
Get out of here if you want to argue about stupid baht signs and dollar signs. If someone goes to CIB they know that the ฿ stands for BITCOINS.  Your provocations are not welcome here.

This thread is about the beta date of Cheaper In Bitcoins which will be set on September 1st. It's not about what sign Xenland should use, and if it were there already is a trillion other posts debating the same exact thing. Bottom line is, it's up to the vendor since this is an open source project, and really doesn't even matter.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:39:52 PM

Yeah, the communities number one priority is the symbol choice Wink

*Cough* *Cough*
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 09:53:48 PM

Nice idea. When I looked at the website, the main page just has a big blank pink block (maybe an image didn't load?). When I looked at the product listing, the pricetag covers part of the text (I am on an ancient version of internet explorer, which I suspect might not be showing the site right). I noted a couple typos in the text block.

I note the price at the top of the page (12.5$/btc) is not what you get at mt. gox right now (8.2$/btc), how is that calculated, and is it updated periodically or intantly?

Overall, I like the concept. If you need more startup capital, you could consider listing on the GLBSE to raise some more bitcoins?
Thanks for the comments of improvements lets see if I can tackle all your questions,

The product listings are being word wrapped now so no more covering up the titles.
I have a set locked in price that I set every month, Don't ask me how I will pay for purchases if the price drops $3 below my locked in price anything past the $3 drop I will be losing money. So if my locked in price was $12.5 and it hit $8.5 I will have to wait for prices to go back within the $3 range to ship out products or issue refunds.
I'm trying not to following the exchange rate becuase Bitcoins should be worth what bitcoins are worth and if Bitcoins are always worth the amount of other currencies It will never be taken seriously. So I hope to have a set locked in BTC price to stablize the bitcoin value a little bit. At the end of the day ask your self.... "Should I put up with transaction fees/bank transfer costs or should I save the transactions fees/transfer costs/time wasted and just purchase what I needed in bitcoins directly?"

I realize this idea go against anything that should make money and your correct I won't be making a dime until after I get a lot of products and capital saved up to be able to front purchases to save bitcoins.

At the moment I've started assets on GLBSE now I am waiting on the companies listing page so I can get my asset ID number and start issuing some bonds.

Edit: Oh and the main page banner I've been experimenting with what should go up there so it won't load at times until the September 1st, thanks for bug reports Smiley
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 09:58:54 PM

Here is what the contract says:

Any money invested will have a payout of 120% after the 120% of the original investment has been payed back bonds are invalid from their.

The length of time for pay-back varies on the rate of items purchased.

Funding is used to help front out of pocket purchases and legal advice.

Basically you get paid back as fast as products are purchased.

I'll keep everyone updated when I start issuing assets.
wildboy211

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:12:01 PM

Can i purchase any of the products you have listed already?
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:38:54 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2011, 11:51:23 PM by Xenland

On september 1st you can purchase anything you want. As of right now im on a mission of getting products listed. But now that i think about it none of my testers has mentioned anything with the shopping cart system work or not working. So i will  1-3 people to test the first products purchased please PM me for a 'go a head' and ill let you know if you are accepted to purchase. Bitcoin is dropping quick I hope it will stabalize so i can set my locked bitcoin with confidence.

Update: i ted this on meh phone excuse the gammer/spelling errors. I will edit soon.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 02:39:01 AM

I need people to help test out the shipping process. Any takers? just go to CheaperInBitcoins.com add products to shopping cart, send bitcoins to the supplied address, wait for confirmations. PM me your email address and I'll ship out your products!

Thanks! first 5 customer testers get .5BTC payment after product has been shipped!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 02:49:33 AM

Just issued 100 assets on GLBSE with the ticker name "CIB-Solutions" (with out quotes)

Contract:https://glbse.com/asset/a9264230662de707183eef179f58ece9fe4751a7eb287bd95119479fb4264b33

GLBSE CIB-Solutions page: http://companies.herokuapp.com/company/22
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: