Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:37:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid but Technical Question  (Read 1134 times)
subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:54:08 PM

i would ask them to fill in their btc address or the say last  10 digits of it  when they are  signing up for your service
a btc address or even a partial one is not invading their privacy  or putting them at any risk Smiley

thats a simple solution to know who paid  and who didnt pay when the payments arrive at your wallet

I'm not bothered about payment here. I'm bothered about tracing identity or say linking details with their wallet address.Well, this is something that Bitcoin community won't like me to do. I'm just a dreamer.

Jhon Lenon- ....They may say, I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.... *Music*

Well when it comes to the bitcoin  community every idea is  accepted. Open discussion is how bitcoin  came into  existence.

you want to track identity. of a visitor in your website. right?

Now tell me  what all info  will you  ask from the user. and if the user will don any transaction in your  website?

Email/Name/Mobile is sufficient for me, but to distract them I'll be asking some more. I'm working on concept here. Nothing else! And no transaction will be done on website. Cheesy

Well  in that case you  will have to  use a  tracking  cookie.  but  that wont  help much unless the user does a transaction on a website.

besides a  straightforward asking for the  bitcoin address. the only other way to get the address would be termed illegal and breach of user privacy

So in short  a  transaction should be made, may be on a  second website that can  recognize the  cookie form the  first website  you  filled the details in . (this too is  a  fine line  between privacy and breaking the law)

The other ways are illegal and will not  be  talked about.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: