Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:27:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Children defy police in Washington, purchase lemonade at Capitol  (Read 3549 times)
hugolp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:51:50 AM

One of the girls arrested has a blog post expalining the experience. Btw, they were not charged with using someone else property, they were charged with selling lemonade and not obeying the police. According to the USA government the "Lemonade Libertarion" group is the new big thread (sadly its no joke).

http://megmclain.com/?p=48

If after reading this anyone is not convinced the USA has become a police state I dont know what will. They can do all that just because someone sold lemonade without license.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabi
Legendary

Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 11:32:47 AM

Are you saying that if I set up a lemonade stand on my own private property (in USA) with the intent to sell lemonade, I would need to get a vendor license?

The police is shutting down a lot of kid stands that try to sell lemonade to earn a few dollars during summer (like they use to do) because they require to pay a license. We can not allow the kids to take business away from the big operators and so we need regulations to keep the big business safe... This was an act of protest against it.

If you allow the kids to set up vending stand on someone else's property, then you have to allow the big business to do so as well.

Is that really your utopia?  One where people or corporations can come along, use your property against your wishes, the police do nothing and and you end up resorting to violence?
Fail trolling is FAIL

They protest against having to have a license to sell lemonade on YOUR OWN PROPERTY

And in the video you see a PROTEST, not people selling lemonade, it's different. Can you understand? DIFFERENT.

deuxmill

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 11:47:24 AM

Public property can be of two kinds: Public property , like roads , parks , forests , monuments where the OWNER in this case the public through it's representative the STATE can't chose who has access or not, and Private Public Property , like all companies owned by the state , and agencies , etc. , places where the OWNER in this case the public through it's representative the STATE can choose who has access or not. If a property is private from what i know you have to signal this and then the public can't have unconditional access. If a property is simply public then everyone has access on to it and from what i see that property is simply public , SO THE PEOPLE WERE PROTESTING BY DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL . The police people did their job if it's their job to arrest those without a vending permit but that has nothing to do with the place they were doing it.
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 12:07:16 PM

Are you saying that if I set up a lemonade stand on my own private property (in USA) with the intent to sell lemonade, I would need to get a vendor license?

The police is shutting down a lot of kid stands that try to sell lemonade to earn a few dollars during summer (like they use to do) because they require to pay a license. We can not allow the kids to take business away from the big operators and so we need regulations to keep the big business safe... This was an act of protest against it.

If you allow the kids to set up vending stand on someone else's property, then you have to allow the big business to do so as well.

Is that really your utopia?  One where people or corporations can come along, use your property against your wishes, the police do nothing and and you end up resorting to violence?
Fail trolling is FAIL

They protest against having to have a license to sell lemonade on YOUR OWN PROPERTY

And in the video you see a PROTEST, not people selling lemonade, it's different. Can you understand? DIFFERENT.

Cool.  I'm going to stage a protest on your front lawn by parking my hot dog truck and selling hot dogs, right on your front lawn.  I'll be over in five minutes.  Hopefully it's ok with you (not that I care).

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
AyeYo

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 12:13:19 PM

If a property is simply public then everyone has access on to it and from what i see that property is simply public ,

That's completely correct.  They have full access to it.  They can walk around, sit down and relax, hang out, have a picnic, talk to friends, have a meet-up, etc.  No one disputed them having access to the property.

What they were doing was using this public property to run a business off of.  That's not part of public access to public property.  I can't drop a McDonalds down in the middle of a park, just because the park is open to the public.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
deuxmill

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 12:42:39 PM

If a property is simply public then everyone has access on to it and from what i see that property is simply public ,

That's completely correct.  They have full access to it.  They can walk around, sit down and relax, hang out, have a picnic, talk to friends, have a meet-up, etc.  No one disputed them having access to the property.

What they were doing was using this public property to run a business off of.  That's not part of public access to public property.  I can't drop a McDonalds down in the middle of a park, just because the park is open to the public.

The place has nothing to do with the arrests. Even if you would do it (sell without a permit) from your house it would still be Illegal . You can have a ice cream truck  and roam the ROADS ,and sell but you need a PERMIT. IT IS SIMPLE . THEIR UNLAWFULNESS isn't related at all with the capitol grass . NOT EVEN the PROTEST isn't related to the capitol grass but to the fact that you need a DAMNED PERMIT to sell a freaking LEMONADE. THEIR PROTEST is about making "children" PAY FOR A PERMIT TO SELL LEMONADE .

THE PERMIT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KEEPING PUBLIC PLACES FREE OF LEMONADE STANDS BUT WITH GETTING TAXES OUT OF YOUR EVERY ACTIVITY.
AyeYo

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 12:51:09 PM

The place has nothing to do with the arrests. Even if you would do it (sell without a permit) from your house it would still be Illegal . You can have a ice cream truck  and roam the ROADS ,and sell but you need a PERMIT. IT IS SIMPLE . THEIR UNLAWFULNESS isn't related at all with the capitol grass . NOT EVEN the PROTEST isn't related to the capitol grass but to the fact that you need a DAMNED PERMIT to sell a freaking LEMONADE. THEIR PROTEST is about making "children" PAY FOR A PERMIT TO SELL LEMONADE .

THE PERMIT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KEEPING PUBLIC PLACES FREE OF LEMONADE STANDS BUT WITH GETTING TAXES OUT OF YOUR EVERY ACTIVITY.

Obviously it's beyond your comprehension that, had they wanted to make this solely about permits, they would have set up the stand on their own front lawn.  That would be a protest again permits.

Setting up a vending booth on the Capitol's lawn is a moronic way to get the message out about lemonade stand permits, because no one with a brain is going to sympathize with people trying to turn a profit off public grounds.  Hell, even Atlas saw how stupid this idea was - that's how blatantly obvious it is.

deuxmill

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 01:19:29 PM

Obviously it's beyond your comprehension that, had they wanted to make this solely about permits, they would have set up the stand on their own front lawn.  That would be a protest again permits.

Setting up a vending booth on the Capitol's lawn is a moronic way to get the message out about lemonade stand permits, because no one with a brain is going to sympathize with people trying to turn a profit off public grounds.  Hell, even Atlas saw how stupid this idea was - that's how blatantly obvious it is.

That is exactly their let's call it moronity . They wanted more effect. I believe they thought that if they do it on their lawn they wouldn't get to much attention , and most probably no police would show up. But yes you are right this is a moronic protest because the capitol grass stole their shit Smiley). If they want to protest against permits there are far better ways to do it. They should sell underground and fund children who want to open stands Cheesy
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 01:24:42 PM

That is exactly their let's call it moronity . They wanted more effect. I believe they thought that if they do it on their lawn they wouldn't get to much attention , and most probably no police would show up. But yes you are right this is a moronic protest because the capitol grass stole their shit Smiley). If they want to protest against permits there are far better ways to do it. They should sell underground and fund children who want to open stands Cheesy

As a protest, it was a success.  An issue that no-one ever bothered about it being debated.  So kudos to them for thinking up that way of protesting and having the guts to go through with being arrested.

It will be interesting to see if this quickly dies away as an issue no-one cares about or if its the start of a movement against the requirement for a permit to set up a vending operation. 
deuxmill

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 01:48:17 PM

As a protest, it was a success.  An issue that no-one ever bothered about it being debated.  So kudos to them for thinking up that way of protesting and having the guts to go through with being arrested.

It will be interesting to see if this quickly dies away as an issue no-one cares about or if its the start of a movement against the requirement for a permit to set up a vending operation. 

In my view the protest was a failure because we ended up debating about property and about the freaking grass. But yes they DESERVE respect for having the guts to protest and go through with being arrested. If in the end people realize about what the protest was about and forget about the capitol grass which i already stated has nothing to do with them being arrested and with the protest and start doing something about the issue then it won't be a failure anymore. I think they should go back to the drawing board because the capitol grass stole their protest .
hugolp (OP)
Legendary

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 01:54:25 PM

In my view the protest was a failure because we ended up debating about property and about the freaking grass. But yes they DESERVE respect for having the guts to protest and go through with being arrested. If in the end people realize about what the protest was about and forget about the capitol grass which i already stated has nothing to do with them being arrested and with the protest and start doing something about the issue then it won't be a failure anymore. I think they should go back to the drawing board because the capitol grass stole their protest .

It didnt. Its just the trolls of the forum trolling people. If you see the post of the girl arrested that I have posted above they were arrested for selling lemonade without a license and not for anything the trolls are saying.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
AyeYo

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:02:03 PM

Bingo.

JBDive

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:55:13 PM

To be fair, I don't believe the public would prefer these area to be filled with vendors. If the land was privately owned, it would be a similar case. The arrests were excessive and certainly a waste of resources. The female officer was also unjustified in assaulting the person with the camera. However, selling lemonade on this property is justifiably unlawful but should be treated under more reasonable means.

Its an act of protests. Its civil disobedience.

And most of these same "protesters" eat up the line of BS they are fed by the likes of Obama and will continue to vote in the same Oligarchy. Money buys votes maybe but people still have to vote and when you have career Senators and Representatives doing 25, 30 years or more you no longer have an elected body but a ruling class.

John Dingell (D-MI)      55 years (Total time in DC)
Daniel K. Inouye (D-HI)   48 years
John Conyers (D-MI)      46 years
Charles B. Rangel (D-NY)   40 years
Bill Young (R-FL)      40 years
Thad Cochran (R-MS)      38 years
Pete Stark (D-CA)      38 years
Don Young (R-AK)      38 years
Patrick J. Leahy (D-VT)   36 years
Max Baucus (D-MT)      36 years
Chuck Grassley (R-IA)   36 years
Tom Harkin (D-(IA)      36 years
George Miller (D-CA)      36 years
Henry Waxman D-CA)   36 years
Orrin Hatch (R-UT)      34 years
Richard Lugar (R-IN)      34 years

Do you know what was going on when these guys started in DC? For most they were in office when the trial of Watergate burglars begins. George Foreman TKOs Joe Frazier, Roe vs. Wade, U.S. and Vietnam sign cease-fire. Some go back to Lyndon B. Johnson and the start (ok the escalation of) the Vietnam War, Joe Namath SIGNS with the Jets, Martin Luther King, Jr marches in Selma.

They have no clue what "people" in this country want, need, expect. Your a slave, they are the rulers, shut up slaves and pay your taxes.
AyeYo

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:07:03 PM

To be fair, I don't believe the public would prefer these area to be filled with vendors. If the land was privately owned, it would be a similar case. The arrests were excessive and certainly a waste of resources. The female officer was also unjustified in assaulting the person with the camera. However, selling lemonade on this property is justifiably unlawful but should be treated under more reasonable means.

And most of these same "protesters" eat up the line of BS they are fed by the likes of Obama and will continue to vote in the same Oligarchy. Money buys votes maybe but people still have to vote and when you have career Senators and Representatives doing 25, 30 years or more you no longer have an elected body but a ruling class.

Do you know what was going on when these guys started in DC? For most they were in office when the trial of Watergate burglars begins. George Foreman TKOs Joe Frazier, Roe vs. Wade, U.S. and Vietnam sign cease-fire. Some go back to Lyndon B. Johnson and the start (ok the escalation of) the Vietnam War, Joe Namath SIGNS with the Jets, Martin Luther King, Jr marches in Selma.

They have no clue what "people" in this country want, need, expect. Your a slave, they are the rulers, shut up slaves and pay your taxes.

Whose fault is that, the elected officials or the apathetic, ignorant public who is too lazy to vote them out?

JBDive

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:31:20 PM

Whose fault is that, the elected officials or the apathetic, ignorant public who is too lazy to vote them out?

+1 for "the apathetic, ignorant public"

Gabi
Legendary

Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 04:54:12 PM

What about the camera guy assault by the police? Being assaulted in that way is illegal. Time to sue, i say

NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 02:22:30 AM

The retards arguing about public vs. private property should really stop with the red herrings. The same results would have obtained if it was on their own front lawn. The only meaningful difference is that there is more publicity the way they did it.

Morons.
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2011, 08:31:39 AM

Damn right.  If they are left set up stalls, they they will be left build shops there.

Is that what you want?

Couldn't we agree on the fact that there's a huge difference between a stall and an actual store?

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2011, 08:34:13 AM

Pfff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UyiaR1PDhQ&feature=related

Feel sorry for ya all Sad

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
Hawker