Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:04:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COINBASE DOES SUCK!!! How else can you sell btc if you want usd?  (Read 891 times)
BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:33:41 AM

I got the dreaded message...
Coinbase   

On Dec 19, 2013 you purchased 0.10 BTC via bank transfer for $70.28.
Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel this order because it appears to be high risk. We do not send out any bitcoins on high risk transactions, and you will receive a refund to your bank account in 3-4 business days.
Please understand that we do this to keep the community safe and avoid fraudulent transactions. Apologies if you are one of the good users who gets caught up in this preventative measure - we don't get it right 100% of the time, but we need to be cautious when it comes to preventing fraud.
You may have more luck trying again in a few weeks. Best of luck and thank you for trying Coinbase.
Kind regards,
The Coinbase Team

so thats great if they really do refund me, in the meantime if btc goes up and I want to sell what other vendors can I use? Thanks

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 02:46:18 AM

Coinbase   

Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel this order because it appears to be high risk. We do not send out any bitcoins on high risk transactions, and you will receive a refund to your bank account in 3-4 business days.
Please understand that we do this to keep the community safe and avoid fraudulent transactions. Apologies if you are one of the good users who gets caught up in this preventative measure - we don't get it right 100% of the time, but we need to be cautious when it comes to preventing fraud.
You may have more luck trying again in a few weeks. Best of luck and thank you for trying Coinbase.
Kind regards,
The Coinbase Team

so thats great if they really do refund me, in the meantime if btc goes up and I want to sell what other vendors can I use? Thanks

Hopefully, you realized your mistake. Next time don't make such a large purchase. Work your way up to such bigger purchases, thus operating under the radar. Consider buying only seven or eight dollars worth at a time, then later, BAM!, a $95 USD purchase. Coinbase won't know what hit them.

~TMIBTCITW
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:49:21 AM

Coinbase   

Kind regards,
The Coinbase Team

Hopefully, you realized your mistake. Next time don't make such a large purchase. Work your way up to such bigger purchases, thus operating under the radar. Consider buying only seven or eight dollars worth at a time, then later, BAM!, a $95 USD purchase. Coinbase won't know what hit them.

~TMIBTCITW

I didnt think a $70 purchase was that much... just wondering how I would sell my btc if I ever wanted to, they seemed like the best bet for the usa.. anyone have info on bitstamp or mtgox?

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:08:29 AM

Don't try and sell on CampBS, they totally suck too.
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:11:23 AM

Don't try and sell on CampBS, they totally suck too.
Wheres a good place in USA to sell if you wanted to? I feel like my $700 is just floating around Sad

BitcoinWalker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:36:30 AM

Sell on Coinbase.

Investing with style!

BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:43:17 AM

Sell on Coinbase.
is selling ok?

BitcoinWalker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:03:11 AM

Should be no problem.

Investing with style!

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:03:22 PM

Stay away from coinbase.  I had issues with then which are sorta resolved, but the issue that I have is there customer support sucks.  They probably have 8-10 guys going through hundreds of thousands support tickets.
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:05:18 PM

My very first purchase with coinbase was for 1.3 BTC (price was $1010/btc at the time), the second was 1 BTC (price was $550/btc at the time). Ive never had an issue. Are you from the US or another country. I've never experienced any issues with coinbase.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:54:55 PM

Selling I have never had a problem with. I have had a few problems with buying but all resolved and most were never a problem (I have done about 30 transactions so far). Once you sell the money should be in your account in the usual ACH transfer timeframe (3-4 days) however if it is a time where massive sells or buys are occuring give it an extra 2-3 days.
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:58:05 PM

Selling I have never had a problem with. I have had a few problems with buying but all resolved and most were never a problem (I have done about 30 transactions so far). Once you sell the money should be in your account in the usual ACH transfer timeframe (3-4 days) however if it is a time where massive sells or buys are occuring give it an extra 2-3 days.

They said that it was high risk and they would refund my money in 3-4 days, no refund, no replies..

X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:33:03 AM

Stay away from coinbase.  I had issues with then which are sorta resolved, but the issue that I have is there customer support sucks.  They probably have 8-10 guys going through hundreds of thousands support tickets.

sad story, but i cant hold back:

Coinbase - All your money are belong to us  -> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

Grin

people must be warned.

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: