Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High fees at other vexchanges on the market.  (Read 2769 times)
cindy93

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

i like gambling

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:37:44 PM

It was such a long time ago and did not reoccur with any other exchange. How much cash will you want to keep there?

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MikaSappalo (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:43:25 AM

It was such a long time ago and did not reoccur with any other exchange. How much cash will you want to keep there?

Not so much, but its my salary for a full time day job – so all of my money. Embarrassed
cindy93

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

i like gambling

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:45:04 PM

Now I understand you a bit more.

michaelwang32

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

So I looked at other exchanges. I looked at hitbtc - they have a normal faq and how-to at least.
MikaSappalo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 08:25:01 AM

Hi all
So I wanted to say firstly thank you to everyone who posted here to help me out - i got a lot of useful info which i will refer to in future (i guess it won't get deleted for a while?  Smiley
I've now had a chance to look at a lot of different exchanges and do some research on them, and after everything i settled on bitstamp and hitbtc. These two had the easiest interface i found, with everything set out in a sensible way and their credentials obviously seem pretty good so i doubt i'd have any major problems
As i'm looking to withdraw in euro in the end, i'm thinking hitbtc will be best though. I noticed bitstamp is in the US and when i opened an account there was no euro stuff anywhere, despite them saying they cater for euro withdrawals too. I later found that you have to withdraw money in dollars and then it gets transfered as euro, but that you won't know how much euro you get until after you've completed the transaction.....obviously that's not quite good enough for me as I want to know what i'm getting really. I also thought (but don't know) that if it's being sent from the US, it could take a while to reach a european bank account.
My account on hitbtc definitely shows euros and I read they're europe based so that kinda clears up any issues i had with bitstamp i guess. i need to make a deposit to my account from my bank account to verify it first though, which will take a day or two perhaps, but then i should be good to go.
thanks everybody again - i'll write here again to let you know how it's going and if there are any issues of course.
MikaSappalo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 08:46:28 AM

Hi all Smiley

So to update, I've been using hitbtc now for the past week or so and it's been working out fine so far.. interface takes some time to get used to but after that it's kinda simple for just basic trading like I need. One thing is that to withdraw fiat you have to wire in funds from your nominated bank account first (I guess some security thing, not sure) - which takes a while but after that the withdrawals seem to go pretty fast, i've made 3 now (well almost), will attach a screenshot fyi. Thanks again everyone for helping out!

https://i.imgur.com/l9cHoUm.png?1
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: