Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC  (Read 231171 times)
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:57:58 AM

What's up with BTC withdrawals? My withdrawal has been sitting at "Waiting to be processed" for well over an hour now. Don't recall it ever taking this long.

I've had to wait up to a few hours for withdrawals prior to the TM issue.

Apologies for the issue. It is now resolved and confirmation links should work again.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:35:24 PM

Working now. Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:27:38 PM

Initiated SEPA withdrawal last Sunday for a not so big amount. Expected it to be on my bank account by now but instead I got a message from Support that they first need to have additional info for me, Additional KYC procedure.

Ok fine, i guess they want to to make sure they follow the (future) law. Although it is strange that I am not questioned when I deposit 5 digit amount of Euros, but I am questioned when I withdraw 4 digit amount. Anyway, I answered all the questions, attached copy of IDs and did everything else they asked.
Now I am still waiting for support to reply to that message and process my withdrawal.

Is BitStamp going the same route as mtGox? Are they not able to give me my money and just stalling time?
Anyone else confronted with this "additional KYC procedure".

Is there another way to contact them? I dont want to wait days, if not weeks for a reply from them.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:01:50 PM

Initiated SEPA withdrawal last Sunday for a not so big amount. Expected it to be on my bank account by now but instead I got a message from Support that they first need to have additional info for me, Additional KYC procedure.

Ok fine, i guess they want to to make sure they follow the (future) law. Although it is strange that I am not questioned when I deposit 5 digit amount of Euros, but I am questioned when I withdraw 4 digit amount. Anyway, I answered all the questions, attached copy of IDs and did everything else they asked.
Now I am still waiting for support to reply to that message and process my withdrawal.

Is BitStamp going the same route as mtGox? Are they not able to give me my money and just stalling time?

Is there another way to contact them? I dont want to wait days, if not weeks for a reply from them.

Quick question, because I've heard from others in similar situations:

You already had a 'verified' account (i.e. you already had submitted passport copy, and a utility bill) before, and now they asked for *additional* information? Is that the situation you're in?

If so, can we maybe get some clarifying remarks on this matter from Bitstamp? Hazek, maybe?

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
halcyon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:26:59 PM

bitstamp also stalling for time?
Can´t think of another reason, because proof of address + ID is sufficient for complying to
KYC/AML procedures.

Directbet livebetting
trdiablo

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:55:19 PM

You already had a 'verified' account (i.e. you already had submitted passport copy, and a utility bill) before, and now they asked for *additional* information? Is that the situation you're in?

If so, can we maybe get some clarifying remarks on this matter from Bitstamp? Hazek, maybe?

Yes, that is exactly the situation I am in. I am a verified user meaning they already have a scan of my passport and utility bill and approved it.
Yet, they ask me if I can send them again a copy of my passport for the additional KYC. And additional questions like where I got the BTC from. If I got the BTC with mining then how is my hardware set-up and I also need to include copies of the invoices of the mining hardware. Which bank I am using and the full SWIFT code and address (as if they dont have this info already).

trdiablo

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:29:47 PM

Still nothing from support at Bitstamp! What is going on, I can not be the only one with this issue.
Are they going bankrupt, what has happened?
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:00:06 PM

Still nothing from support at Bitstamp! What is going on, I can not be the only one with this issue.

I got the exact same questions as you because I triggered their new volume/frequency threshold. I answered their questions, once again attaching my ID as well, and my withdrawal was released in 1-2 days (don't remember exact time).

Edit: I might add that I've since been able to withdraw more as well without any problems.
trdiablo

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:06:34 PM

Thanks for replying, it calmed be down a bit. I guess I need to wait longer and they are still processing SEPA withdrawals.
Hope to hear something from them today.
kwest

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:18:22 PM

Thanks for replying, it calmed be down a bit. I guess I need to wait longer and they are still processing SEPA withdrawals.
Hope to hear something from them today.

Yeah, that's why I replied. I was pretty worried too, so I know how it feels.
Bitstamp, hire me as your bitcointalk support maybe? Wink I'm here all day anyway. But in all seriousness.. openness and fast replies are important to avoid rumors/FUD.
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:47:07 PM

I got the exact same questions as you because I triggered their new volume/frequency threshold. I answered their questions, once again attaching my ID as well, and my withdrawal was released in 1-2 days (don't remember exact time).

Edit: I might add that I've since been able to withdraw more as well without any problems.

Wait, what?

You triggered their additional procedures based on *trade volume* alone? Not because you withdrew a large amount?

I really wish hazek would drop in and clarify their procedure. I'm not happy about this uncertainty, at all.

EDIT: Or maybe I misunderstood what you meant by "volume/frequency threshold"?

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
kwest

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:56:08 PM

Yeah, by volume I meant the amount that you try to withdraw, and the frequency of your withdrawals.
So if I understand their triggers correctly, they will ask you to provide more information if you withdraw too much at once, or if you reach a certain amount in a short time.

Like >$x at once, or >$x in less than z number of days.
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:02:34 PM

I'm in the same boat too.

Got asked for KYC question etc when I requested 4 digit withdrawal....

Supplied everything they needed and now NOTHING

Don't answer my support tickets and I cannot cancel pending request to get my bitcoin to somewhere like BTC-e

WTF is going on with BITSTAMP  Huh

I got bills to pay and crypto is my only source of income.

Please p.m me if you are having trouble with Bitstamp and we can share our problem.
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:14:31 PM

Yeah, by volume I meant the amount that you try to withdraw, and the frequency of your withdrawals.
So if I understand their triggers correctly, they will ask you to provide more information if you withdraw too much at once, or if you reach a certain amount in a short time.

Like >$x at once, or >$x in less than z number of days.

Got it now, thanks.

Still, rather unsatisfactory. Would *really* prefer if hazek would state clearly tell us in here what the KYC/AML rules are. It's not like that's supposed to be a secret.

deebosch

Activity: 544

Evil Pool

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:19:54 PM

Whats wrong with the bitcoin withdrawal again? I get "You are not allowed to withdraw bitcoins at the moment" message. Support is silent on the matter.

Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:24:19 PM

I hope their accounts haven't been frozen  Shocked
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:38:28 PM

Yeah...

This is the situation that I am in, not for withdrawing BTC or USD, but for depositing $10K USD.

They asked for both pages of my passport as opposed to just the one page as they already have I suppose.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
halcyon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:41:56 PM

Yeah...

This is the situation that I am in, not for withdrawing BTC or USD, but for depositing $10K USD.

They asked for both pages of my passport as opposed to just the one page as they already have I suppose.

and your 10k $ deposit is pending now? or did they ask for it before you made the wire transfer?

Directbet livebetting
Boxman90

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:44:59 PM

Where did you get this "not allowed" error? I just went ahead and withdrew some FIAT and BTC to test, and both got email confirmations as usual, and are now "waiting to be processed" as per usual. I did answer the KYC already in the past though.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
deebosch

Activity: 544

Evil Pool

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:02:14 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476614.msg5261205#msg5261205
here how it looks.

I passed KYC as well, and now I get this error. So I guess it has nothing to do with this.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: