Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC  (Read 231171 times)
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:36:06 PM

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/statemen-regarding-recent-third-party-audit-report/

Dear Bitstamp clients,

On November 22nd and 23rd, 2013 an on site due diligence was carried out in respect of Bitstamp Ltd. on behalf of a 3rd party.

Bitstamp’s balance of BTC was validated by temporarily creating the largest single Bitcoin wallet and in the process the largest Bitcoin transaction in history.

The report identified that Bitstamp held 100% of validated BTC balance and USD funds. No material issues were raised as a consequence of the 3rd party’s investigations.

Original statement

Best regards,
Bitstamp team

1. When do you expect to announce the deal if succesfully carried out (including the name of this ''3rd party'')?

2. Will the transaction value be announced as well?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MusX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:55:35 PM

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/statemen-regarding-recent-third-party-audit-report/

Dear Bitstamp clients,

On November 22nd and 23rd, 2013 an on site due diligence was carried out in respect of Bitstamp Ltd. on behalf of a 3rd party.

Bitstamp’s balance of BTC was validated by temporarily creating the largest single Bitcoin wallet and in the process the largest Bitcoin transaction in history.

The report identified that Bitstamp held 100% of validated BTC balance and USD funds. No material issues were raised as a consequence of the 3rd party’s investigations.

Original statement

Best regards,
Bitstamp team
great, but where is the since/offset parameter to transaction api

spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:07:26 AM

Dear Bitstamp clients,

Original statement

Best regards,
Bitstamp team

Would love to see statement of assets and liabilities signed off by a reputable audit firm on a regular basis.

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:06:56 PM

Would love to see statement of assets and liabilities signed off by a reputable audit firm on a regular basis.

Ditto.

Given bitstamp's #1 status they should step up their game regarding audits. The previous audit was rather unsatisfactory.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
northwind6

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:13:08 PM

How long does it takes for verification process? I'm waiting 10 days...
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:19:29 PM

Ditto.

Given bitstamp's #1 status they should step up their game regarding audits. The previous audit was rather unsatisfactory.

That was not an audit - that was a joke. I've never been worried about Stamp... Until they published that "audit".

bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:52:41 PM

That was not an audit - that was a joke. I've never been worried about Stamp... Until they published that "audit".
MusX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:54:25 PM

BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:21:40 AM

A VC Fund performing an Audit - that doesn't seem right...

Is the rumour true that Firestart are aiming to buy Bitstamp?

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:20:38 PM

I just got an email from "info@bitstamp.net" saying that trading will be suspended for 24 hours. It reads:

"Hello everyone! and apologize for the delays and lack of communication are currently working on some design improvements / server. During the week we will update this page with the status of the project, given the final stage where we are.

Steps for Tuesday March 4, 2014:

Please check if your balance in this file is correct (Same your wallet balance) .. And replay asap if you see any problem."

And then there's a PDF file attached.. which I will not open. I don't believe this email to be legit.. it has several spelling mistakes and why would Bitstamp ever need me to confirm my balance. Seems very fishy.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1127

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:25:36 PM

I just got an email from "info@bitstamp.net" saying that trading will be suspended for 24 hours. It reads:

"Hello everyone! and apologize for the delays and lack of communication are currently working on some design improvements / server. During the week we will update this page with the status of the project, given the final stage where we are.

Please check if your balance in this file is correct (Same your wallet balance) .. And replay asap if you see any problem."

And then there's a PDF file attached.. which I will not open. I don't believe this email to be legit.. it has several spelling mistakes and why would Bitstamp ever need me to confirm my balance. Seems very fishy.
there are several scam mails like this, obviously from different mail adresses (or you did not check the mail adress correctly). Some days ago it was this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38711.msg5522452#msg5522452  

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 2185

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:19:02 PM

It is a scam email. Ignore it. I have posted about this, which you can see if you click on the link posted above (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38711.msg5522452#msg5522452).

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Loozik

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:32:40 PM

A VC Fund performing an Audit - that doesn't seem right...

Is the rumour true that Firestart are aiming to buy Bitstamp?

From what I read this particular due diligence was being performed by Firestart on behalf of a 3rd party. This third (undisclosed party) MIGHT be the potential end buyer.

Due diligence typically is not limited to just a financial audit. You also do legal, operational audits, etc. when you want to buy a business. In case of the recent wallet consolidation the auditors might simply want a confirmation that Bitstamp controlled the coins. Based on the findings of the due diligence the current owners will sign reps and warranties of the seller. The current owners may stay with Bitstamp if earn outs are good.

There is nothing wrong with selling businesses. It is a normal thing. Nothing to be worrying about, unless the buyer is Mark Karpeles.
bananas

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:05:08 PM

There is a lot to worry about, after Gox scandal they announced they would make an audit. But what they delivered was a joke. It is not an audit, at least not one expected for such case., it is just for the fool.

There is nothing wrong with selling businesses. It is a normal thing. Nothing to be worrying about, unless the buyer is Mark Karpeles.
Loozik

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:02:08 PM

There is a lot to worry about, after Gox scandal they announced they would make an audit. But what they delivered was a joke. It is not an audit, at least not one expected for such case., it is just for the fool.

Due diligence was probably carried out. Part of the due diligence was the audit. The audit was made. You will never see the audit. Why do you call it a joke since you never saw it? I doubt the audit will ever be publicized.

Bitstamp may have very well been already conditionally aquired by the third party. The condition was that a certain amount of coins had to be controlled by Bitstamp. Consolidation was made. Controlling of coins was proved (condition for selling / acquiring the business at an agreed price therefore fulfiled). Payment for selling a stake in Bitstamp was made to Bitstamp's former owners. Nothing to worry about. Just wait for an official confirmation / denial that Bitstamp was sold.
bananas

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:53:54 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 08:07:23 PM by bananas

That's a joke exactly 'cause i never saw it and no reputable third party was involved. All companies do private audits like they did, actualy on an everyday basis, that is not what they announced. The audit they announced was not delivered. They announced a public audit for transparecy purposes due to the gox case(it on their website), it was not delivered.

Due diligence was probably carried out. Part of the due diligence was the audit. The audit was made. You will never see the audit. Why do you call it a joke since you never saw it? I doubt the audit will ever be publicized.

Bitstamp may have very well been already conditionally aquired by the third party. The condition was that a certain amount of coins had to be controlled by Bitstamp. Consolidation was made. Controlling of coins was proved (condition for selling / acquiring the business at an agreed price therefore fulfiled). Payment for selling a stake in Bitstamp was made to Bitstamp's former owners. Nothing to worry about. Just wait for an official confirmation / denial that Bitstamp was sold.
Loozik

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:04:15 PM

The audit they announced was not delivered.

Perhaps the auditing has not finished yet.

They announced a public audit for transparecy purposes due to the gox case(it on their website), it was not delivered.

If the audit is made in connection to Gox's case, then maybe Mark Karpeles informed on time all exchanges about to which addresses the goxed coins were sent - then there would be a hope that some of the thieves will get caught, and maybe Bitstamp discovered that some of the ''disappeared / unaccounted for / goxed'' coins were sold on their exchange and decided to investigate further. We just don't know.

If this is the case (I highly doubt it - I just speculate here), the audit will not be delivered soon. No need to be angry at Bitstamp or at the third unnamed party - they might want to calculate the legal risk of purchasing Bitstamp in view of recent developments at Gox.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:42:44 PM

It's not legit, do not open the attachment, it's a phishing attempt.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:08:23 PM

It's not legit, do not open the attachment, it's a phishing attempt.

Yeah, I didn't open it. I got another email from the same smtp address (checked it correctly this time), but with another headline asking me to hurry up. Reported it as spam and deleted it. Pathetic losers.. earn money honestly instead of hurting others.
tyz010

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:39:00 PM

Has anyone had any luck in building a streaming orderbook using the unofficial pusher stream listed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38711.msg3382580#msg3382580 ?

I am attempting to do this, and planned to download the full order book via the REST API, and then update it with the pusher events.  However, the issue I have not been able to solve is that the REST API full orderbook does not return order IDs, and the pusher stream updates bids and asks using order ideas, and does not give standalone deltas of change when changing an order.  If the pusher events were just add and cancel orders, it would be possible to just add and subtract the appropriate amounts from the appropriate levels in the book. 

However, when an order_changed event is received, the pusher stream does not contain information on what the previous amount of the order was, so if the new order is say, bid 100 @ $1000, there is no way to know if the old order was bid 50 @ 1000$, and the appropriate action is to add quantity 50 to the bids at $1000, or of the old order was big 500 @ 1000$, and the appropriate action is to subtract 450 from the bids @ 1000$.  Without an actual delta on order change events, I don't see how it is possible to get an accurate representation of the book.

This doesn't even take into account all of the out-of-sequence message that come through on pusher.

Bitcoinwisdom has the first 15 levels of depth on their site, and I'm not sure if they do it solely via pusher because they have been running pusher so long that they have most orders cached from the original placement of the order, or if they have solved this some other way.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Surely someone has been able to achieve this.

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: