Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:14:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCard - Buying Amazon $ and gift cards with Bitcoin  (Read 36600 times)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:33:51 PM

Cleared you in less then 1 hour? Load more cash next time  Tongue
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 09:15:36 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2012, 09:38:00 PM by adamstgBit

please review Coin Card's services

http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=840

thank you

mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 02:31:39 PM

More Amazon funds available and larger deposits on the way.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:13:13 PM

You can now donate Bitcoins to the Darcs project via CoinCard.  There's no fee for this service.  This method of donations will be listed on the Darcs donation page soonish.

Background: Darcs is a version control tool based on a unique cherry-pick workflow.  I'm part of the Darcs core team.  The Software Freedom Conservancy manages Darcs finances but won't accept Bitcoin donations directly (because the EFF stopped accepting Bitcoin).  After processing $100 in donations manually, I figured it was easier to just teach CoinCard to handle them.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 03:56:26 PM

CashStar changed their checkout process breaking my auto-purchase scripts.  I've disabled those two gift card options until I can figure out a way to automate the purchases again.

Amazon payments are still working great and we're handling a steady volume of them each week.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:14:04 PM

Great service! Simplifies bank transfers and shit for me because I can just use amazon now.
niooron

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:24:06 PM

Yeah, wondering the same thing.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 03:10:56 PM

The service is still operating.  We've done stiff business the last couple weeks as Bitcoin exchange rates have been high.  I recommend that new customers do just what they'd do with any Bitcoin service they haven't used before: try a small transaction first to make sure everything works to their satisfaction.

I've had a couple customers do a $500 transfer for their first try and then find out that Amazon doesn't like their account for some reason.  They spend a few days working through Amazon's machine before they can get their funds.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:17:41 AM

Funny you should mention that, I just did a $114 transfer using your service to my amazon account and they aren't approving it. What a pita!

Keep me posted on your progress via email.  If Amazon doesn't give you the funds after 30 days, they bounce back to my account and then I can refund your Bitcoins.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 01:46:50 PM

Any idea when you will be able to fund the site again?

A MtGox withdrawal was delayed for 11 days, so that put me behind schedule on funding.  I expect to have Amazon funds available by Friday of next week (August 24th), at the latest.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 07:00:08 PM

CoinCard is now permanently closed.  As other demands have come up, I've had to trim back on some activities.  There are far more Bitcoin exchanges operating today than when I started CoinCard 18 months ago.  CoinCard just isn't as important as it once was.

I'm still convinced that Bitcoin is the future and will continue working on Bitcoin projects as opportunity permits.  Thanks for all your business.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 07:08:35 PM

CoinCard is now permanently closed.  As other demands have come up, I've had to trim back on some activities.  There are far more Bitcoin exchanges operating today than when I started CoinCard 18 months ago.  CoinCard just isn't as important as it once was.

I'm still convinced that Bitcoin is the future and will continue working on Bitcoin projects as opportunity permits.  Thanks for all your business.
It's sad to hear that this is the end for CoinCard, which used to be one of the pillars on which Bitcoin rested and which played a vital role in me personally getting involved with it.

I wish you luck in your future ventures and hope they will be as fruitful.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
kgonepostl

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:26:57 PM

Anybody else do amazon payments? NOOOO!!!!
DOH!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 06:13:25 AM

NOOOOOO!!!! Please just one more??

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:04:51 AM

SpendBitcoins was, but no longer as they no longer serve the U.S. market.

BTCBuy.info has been offering them for quite some time:

- http://btcbuy.info/GiftCards.cshtml

Recently another vendor, BTCJoe offers them:

- http://www.btcjoe.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DOH!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 12:12:13 AM

Big difference, amazon gift cards cannot be withdrawn to cash, amazon payments can be.

DOH!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 03:00:14 AM

Big difference, amazon gift cards cannot be withdrawn to cash, amazon payments can be.

....and Jeremy was not overcharging for the service like those two. We need to have a less expensive cash out service for Bitcoin than the currently existing ones. Well, at least until some country makes Bitcoin their national currency. 

Seriously! CoinCard filled a gap! I seriously almost cried when I saw it was done for good. 

Mattster28

Activity: 169

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 09:06:08 PM

- http://www.btcjoe.com <----- This guy must be out of his mind. $124.99 for a $100.00 amazon gift card? Not in this life time. CoinCard will sure be missed!!!!!
epbaha

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 04:45:58 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2012, 05:48:00 PM by epbaha

If anyone still needs Amazon gift cards at mt gox last, I am selling Amazon gift cards and can show proof of cash purchase via scanned receipt.  Email: AMZNBTC@gmail.com

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: