Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token risks?  (Read 431 times)
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:43:37 AM

If you get tokens on ICO, that means the ICO project has already worked ? Or you can still get tokens from failed projects ?
That is why we need to carefully study the new ICO projects. There are many people who create fake token projects and to fool the investors. after these projects are finished, and we will never see these tokens listed on the exchange

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:43:43 AM

If you get tokens on ICO, that means the ICO project has already worked ? Or you can still get tokens from failed projects ?
The presence of tokens on the wallet is just numbers, as long as the project is not traded on the exchange. Adding tokens to the exchange costs money and the team must agree on this in advance. This largely depends on the project fees during the ICO.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
nickwen

Activity: 261

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:47:43 AM

There are many scam ICOs that distribute the tokens on time without any delay. Because there are no project and there in no need to spend time on projects development. Token distribution is the only thing they can do and they distribute that valueless tokens easily.
They do it to fool people's thoughts. Most people will think these projects are reputable and safe, then we will invite friends and relatives to join in these projects, but that's just the way they fool us.
matedrink24

Activity: 188

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:50:26 AM

I still get a token from some ico. But in the end it was scam. So the answer is no. Receiving tokens is not certain that the ico has come into operation.

cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 09:00:50 AM

There were tokens that were distributed but the team also run away with the money they received from the investors. This is somehow giving their investors some hope. Lately I have seen the thread BitCAD again, they send thier tokens to the investors but never have the team do anything except blog posts of updates. Some scam even list the token on centralize exchanges take ETHD for example.

twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:06:42 AM

From which I experienced the ICO project run from a long time interval when the distribution of tokens for investors, you can see every roadmap created by the developer. when I get a token either from bounty or as an investor means the project is still in the raw stage, because as I said above a project takes a long time to run and we also still do not know if this project failed.

ICO project is long time and short time project. So that is no mate. Project is important. So before invest choose the best ICO project. It good opportunity for future saving. Best project token price is day by day increase. ICO token is jackpat. So you get more profit. But before sell the token check the market price. Then sell it. People learn the more information from ICO project. It help to get the project work. Lean the project then easy to choose the best  project.
berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:33:17 AM

Any investment in any coin is already a risk and there is no difference whether you invest in an ICO or just buy a coin on the stock exchange. Be careful and study the coin before purchasing.

hiburak

Activity: 1655
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:35:05 AM

anybody can create tokens. what makes the tokens valuable is the utility they provide and unfortunately most tokens have zero utility.
2@abcdeeply

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:38:37 AM

The risk of the token is that they die and are not traded at reputable and quality trading locations. As I see many coins at the end of the ICO campaign, they can not survive anymore and fall apart.
Liz D

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 09:39:45 AM

Receiving token in your wallet does not always mean that a platform is working, I can easily create token and send to any address that doesn't mean that I have a working platform...ability to create token easily is one of the cons of the cryptoworld.
swam1alyona

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:41:00 AM

Unfortunately even not successful projects can display their tokens on the exchange, which then become unusable!
Remat34

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:49:38 AM

Just as the entire crypto space is volatile, same goes for everything that surrounds it. Tokens purchase;especially one gotten during an ICO has many uncertainties round even when the project record success. Who knows, it can definitely fail later if the sustainability plan isn't there for it to go all the way into the future we are all expecting for the entire blockchain technology.
goku21

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:01:23 AM

I think there are also risky tokens but before you buy a token you should first check to not enjoy your money on buying a coin but not all tokens are risky with tokens also with potential and it can hold it's time to earn a lot of money so before joining the ico and buy check it first
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 10:07:32 AM

Receiving tokens from ICO doesn't indicate that the project is legit. You should be careful at this point, wait for at-least the project launches publicly whatever they are offering in products or service, wait for good exchange listing to be sure it will sustain.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:08:51 AM

If you got token from the bounty it means maybe the ICO was successful to reach their goal or funds or maybe they only left few tokens not sold but it considered successful also. But if the ICO not successful they have big chances that you not get your token stake because maybe the founder did not pay participants. The bounty is depends also to the ICO.
vorseb

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:31:50 AM

You still can get token from failed ICO, actually the project success if that token can reach target price after that token listed on Exchange.
Retro6

Activity: 75
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:01:44 AM

You still can get token from failed ICO, actually the project success if that token can reach target price after that token listed on Exchange.

Yeah I've wondered this same thing as well. What determines a successful ICO? Did the platform/coin do what the project set out to do, or did the token/coin achieve a return for the investors? What's more important. I like to think the product should succeed but many people don't care...as long as they make a profit on their investment. This is the way of the world and open markets i guess.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: