Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why can't I use Bitcoin everyday!!  (Read 2857 times)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:11:41 AM

well some of us can't even use bitcoin for single purpose. because we don't have any options to spend bitcoin in Bangladesh.

Ha ha.. Didn't the Central Bank say you can be jailed for using Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:27:16 AM

Impressions I have are...

#1, Amsterdam, Netherlands very into bitcoin.

#2, 3, 4 etc, Not sure of exact rank but Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, San Fran and bay area, Portland, NYC, London  etc all have active scenes.

That is, around 95% of the world is outside places where spend BTC is easy
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:02:57 AM

I want to know if people are seeing bitcoin pop up as a medium to pay.

Want it in my city, unfortunately, dont see it.

Where are the best places to live that take bitcoin?
duty to introduce the bitcoin in your city. you learn here and if you are old enough to understand you can tell them. if that happens, you will be the hero in your town: D
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:46:06 PM

Why would you even try to use Bitcoin everyday? Card works fine for me, and I don't see why would I take the trouble of paying by Bitcoin when there is no advantage.

I use it at least weekly. Mostly online, but increasingly I find places IRL. The reason I do it is because I care about my private information. Using a card requires giving all the information needed to steal from me to a stranger. Those days are over for me. I also use it for travel. Its' awesome to have money that works all over the world. I also like to OWN my wealth, not store it someone's fed coupons. 

But the bitcoin may be stolen from you too. So, the different entry fiat money and bitcoin in that case not so much, us we would like it be.

Certainly true. I have to do my own security because my bitcoins are mine alone. I have little fear of theft however, to get any sizable amount would require breaking into my safe deposit box. Then you would still have to find and decrypt the wallet.

P.S. I have never lost a Satoshi to thieves, but I'm on my third replacement bank card in a year.   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jwcastle

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 12:39:14 AM

Why would you even try to use Bitcoin everyday? Card works fine for me, and I don't see why would I take the trouble of paying by Bitcoin when there is no advantage.

I use it at least weekly. Mostly online, but increasingly I find places IRL. The reason I do it is because I care about my private information. Using a card requires giving all the information needed to steal from me to a stranger. Those days are over for me. I also use it for travel. Its' awesome to have money that works all over the world. I also like to OWN my wealth, not store it someone's fed coupons. 

But the bitcoin may be stolen from you too. So, the different entry fiat money and bitcoin in that case not so much, us we would like it be.

Certainly true. I have to do my own security because my bitcoins are mine alone. I have little fear of theft however, to get any sizable amount would require breaking into my safe deposit box. Then you would still have to find and decrypt the wallet.

P.S. I have never lost a Satoshi to thieves, but I'm on my third replacement bank card in a year.   

But you have to realize that anyone who frequents these forums are much more knowledgeable and smarter than the general public. Almost every day I hear on the news that people are getting scammed because someone called them on their phone saying that they owe the IRS $300 and need to pay right away or else they'll come arrest them. People fall for this and buy Western Union or prepaid debit cards and pay it right away. Obviously you wouldn't fall for that. Neither would I. But thousands of people do fall for it and they cry about it to the news channels. The fact is, the general public is incredibly dumb and gullible. Ask any random person and they wouldn't even know what the word "encryption" means. In a way, you could say bitcoins are for smarter people.
As a side note, you wouldn't believe how many people STILL put their house key under the front door floormats. I don't know that many people, but I know two people who still do that. It's incomprehensible!!!

BitcoinEval.com - Evaluate your Bitcoin earnings
CPR
dyalldough (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 08:40:36 PM

Impressions I have are...

#1, Amsterdam, Netherlands very into bitcoin.

#2, 3, 4 etc, Not sure of exact rank but Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, San Fran and bay area, Portland, NYC, London  etc all have active scenes.

That is, around 95% of the world is outside places where spend BTC is easy

But what you can buy? You can buy a food? Pay your bills?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 09:08:42 PM

It might not be available today widespread, but isn't there ways around it to use Bitcoin for shopping?

Can't you just load up a Xapo Debit card or prefund Gyft?

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
PaulPierce

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:18:02 AM

Just wait till it gets more mainstream and then you'll be able to. Changing places to live off of Bitcoin doesn't really sound like a good idea.
Yup..just calm your tits..n hold your coins for a few years.!! Revolution will start soon.! so sit back n chill 4 a bit.!

dyalldough (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 11:32:24 AM

It might not be available today widespread, but isn't there ways around it to use Bitcoin for shopping?

Can't you just load up a Xapo Debit card or prefund Gyft?

Yeah, i know that already exist some debit card, but when i read the reviews about them, i always see that this product is not useful.
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:09:41 PM

Places you go everyday ask them if they will accept it, even for you - just to start with. shouldn't cost them anything substantial to get set up.

Ofc I'm assuming these places arent all walmarts!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:39:52 PM

Its just a matter of time before people start using Bitcoin every day! Remember paypal, webmoney and others?
We use them everyday now don't we?
Yeah but that doesn't involve exchanging your fiat for a different currency, they are just ways to exchange your already possessed fiat. With this they need to deal with another currency. Im yet to see a merchant in real life.
DoubleTrouble

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:45:32 PM

The way I see it the more bitcoin we use in various bitcoin companies etc. the more we are supporting bitcoin growth and the better off bitcoin will be. For me this means even if I can't buy lots of things around my area if I have the option to pay for something online with Bitcoin I will even if it is at the cost of a slight premium.

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:12:31 AM

The way I see it the more bitcoin we use in various bitcoin companies etc. the more we are supporting bitcoin growth and the better off bitcoin will be. For me this means even if I can't buy lots of things around my area if I have the option to pay for something online with Bitcoin I will even if it is at the cost of a slight premium.

Bitcoin can be use to invest some wealth and store your capital privately.
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:24:58 PM

For now only few of us can use bitcoin everyday!
In future, i'm sure most of use can use bitcoin everyday like use paper money Smiley

Hope my country accept BTC
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: