Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:16:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Hand -New Governor of People Bank's of China Attitude to Bitcoin  (Read 147 times)
ericbai1989 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:00:50 AM

It is reported that the new governor is kind of friendly to the bitcoin.

He stated that he is inspired by bitcoin in running the financial system in 2013.

He was a professor at US Indiana University in 1986.

But my personal understanding is the government will not open the free market for the bitcoin. One possible approach is to open a centralized exchange to list the only selective tokens as a way to encourage innovation.

You may find the most updated information from China and beyond by https://t.me/oneminute_crypto_news.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hgbing

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:39:14 AM

His chinese name is yigang.
kembartapibeda

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:28:41 AM

It is reported that the new governor is kind of friendly to the bitcoin.

He stated that he is inspired by bitcoin in running the financial system in 2013.

He was a professor at US Indiana University in 1986.

But my personal understanding is the government will not open the free market for the bitcoin. One possible approach is to open a centralized exchange to list the only selective tokens as a way to encourage innovation.

You may find the most updated information from China and beyond by https://t.me/oneminute_crypto_news.

yes sir, the governor of another bank governor should be worthy of imitating the governor of a good and friendly chinese people bank
mfb07

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:31:16 PM

Very good news for the crypto world
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:43:24 PM

Interesting information. Nice to know. It may be worth mentioning that as the united states cuts corporate tax rates, which could have a side effect of opening it up to broader investment in the business sector... Investments pouring into china could dry up as the USA becomes a more attractive option. It is possible that china's recent "crackdowns" on exchanges and crypto could be part of a widescale attempt to limit the degree to which investments in china's business and economy migrate out of the country.

It is nice to know that china's new head banker might have a sentimental attachment to crypto and subscribe to a bitcoin stance. But over the long term china's economic and financial policies may be more pragmatic and revolve more around necessity than adopting bitcoin and deregulating it in order to help it grow.

Smiley
ericbai1989 (OP)

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:52:50 PM

Interesting information. Nice to know. It may be worth mentioning that as the united states cuts corporate tax rates, which could have a side effect of opening it up to broader investment in the business sector... Investments pouring into china could dry up as the USA becomes a more attractive option. It is possible that china's recent "crackdowns" on exchanges and crypto could be part of a widescale attempt to limit the degree to which investments in china's business and economy migrate out of the country.

It is nice to know that china's new head banker might have a sentimental attachment to crypto and subscribe to a bitcoin stance. But over the long term china's economic and financial policies may be more pragmatic and revolve more around necessity than adopting bitcoin and deregulating it in order to help it grow.

Smiley

Your analysis is surely insightful. There are several approaches taking by US and China governments. For example, the US launched several anti-dumping investigations against Chinese companies. Also, after I had the interviews with some influential Chinese Crypto related players, I do think the gov. in China is not really banning the ICO or crypto. But wants to attract the money from overseas similar to your conclusion.

The channel will provide the most updated news from China. Even quicker than coindesk. https://t.me/oneminute_crypto_news
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1655

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:56:54 AM

Smiley

Your analysis is surely insightful. There are several approaches taking by US and China governments. For example, the US launched several anti-dumping investigations against Chinese companies. Also, after I had the interviews with some influential Chinese Crypto related players, I do think the gov. in China is not really banning the ICO or crypto. But wants to attract the money from overseas similar to your conclusion.

The channel will provide the most updated news from China. Even quicker than coindesk. https://t.me/oneminute_crypto_news

Thanks for the nfo. I never known that there is a new PBoC government. Question, how do you know that he is friendly to crypto? As we have seen his predecessor is very hostile bitcoin? And I'm sure that he can't do anything unless the Chinese government really chance their hard stance against crypto. We have seen what they have done last September and I don't think that he can 'reverse' it so to speak. I really hope though that this new government could somewhat put a stop on the FUD onslaught coming from China which is putting pressure to the very volatile market as of now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████