Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRICE LOWERED] [WTS] HP Pavillion Dv7-2185DX -$300 FIRM **SOLD**  (Read 4977 times)
ThyDude (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:30:00 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2011, 02:20:33 PM by ThyDude

SPECS:
17.3" LCD Screen
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Intel Quad 2 Core Q9000 2GHz
6GB Ram
500GB HDD
Lightscribe Dvd RW +/-DL
4 usb 1 eSATA
1 HDMI port
Media remote
SD,MS/Pro,MMC,XD Card Reader Port

http://www.amazon.com/HP-PAVILION-NOTEBOOK-DV7-2185DX-Processor/dp/B002HS6DWC <----Check specs out yourself!

Asking $300 FIRM

http://i53.tinypic.com/20uvb6r.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/8yyioh.jpg

EDIT: IF YOU HAVE REP, I AM WILLING TO USE A MIDDLEMAN SERVICE, OR AN ESCROW/MIDDLEMAN COMBINED SERVICE, OR YOU CAN SEND HALF BTC NOW, HALF BTC UPON RECIEPT OF PRODUCT.

EDIT2: PAWN SHOP IS OFFERING ME $290. $300 + SHIPPING TAKES THE LAPTOP! IF IT'S NOT SOLD TONIGHT IT'S GOING TO THE PAWN SHOP TOMORROW!
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:41:19 AM

nice I'm interested, how do I know your not a scammer though? Are you willing to do escrow?
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:43:29 AM

Where will this ship from and which carrier?
ThyDude (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:48:09 AM

I will ship UPS ground unless shipping is paid for methinks.

Umm, not too sure about escrow. Which escrow service? How do I know you aren't a scammer and are just going to say I didn't ship the item or it broke or you just got a piece of paper saying LEET on it or something ridiculous.

If you have any ideas let me know, but that's what's worrying me at the moment about escrow.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:51:35 AM

Interesting response...

Edit:  Check this out
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38798.0;topicseen

Edit 2:  My instinct says 'no'
ThyDude (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:02:14 AM

I simply refuse to handwrite because of my activities on another place/forum that deals with things that can be considered illegal. Forensic teams are quite advanced and I'd rather not play with fire.

I can jump through any other hoops you'd like to know of before purchasing. If I'm misunderstanding escrow completely and what I said isn't possible, then please explain.

I'm at my grandmother's house with my family.

If you notice, the two things I do as a hobby don't have pictures(Turntables and GFX Cards) because I didn't figure I'd be selling them, and now there are people questioning my legitimacy because I can't provide handwritten photos of my cards?

And as far as me scamming, I could take a damn picture of cards at best buy or any other location, and then have you send me BTC, and not send out anything.

Because I'm in the court system does not speak of my character, something of which I have had no opportunity to prove on these forums or with this system.
Keninishna

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:06:33 AM

I dunno pick an escrow and I'll buy it. I've used btcrow before he seems to be legit.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:07:31 AM

I simply refuse to handwrite because of my activities on another place/forum that deals with things that can be considered illegal. Forensic teams are quite advanced and I'd rather not play with fire.

I can jump through any other hoops you'd like to know of before purchasing. If I'm misunderstanding escrow completely and what I said isn't possible, then please explain.

I'm at my grandmother's house with my family.

If you notice, the two things I do as a hobby don't have pictures(Turntables and GFX Cards) because I didn't figure I'd be selling them, and now there are people questioning my legitimacy because I can't provide handwritten photos of my cards?

And as far as me scamming, I could take a damn picture of cards at best buy or any other location, and then have you send me BTC, and not send out anything.

Because I'm in the court system does not speak of my character, something of which I have had no opportunity to prove on these forums or with this system.

The handwriting is one concern.  The response to escrow is another.  Being in a court system due to criminal damage does, or at least can, speak of character.  The low number of posts vs. the high amount of monetary value requested in multiple threads is another.  

My suggestion - if you're very serious about this, find a buyer that has a lot of good rep, ship first, then allow said buyer to send BTC or $$ after he has received the product.
ThyDude (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:11:06 AM

As said before, being a marijuana user, I, at one point in time, used handwriting on a secure part of the internet. I would hate to have that sitting above my head as well.

As for the criminal damage to property, I do not believe being drunk after a bachelor party and stumbling through a window of a bar speaks of my character. It maybe informed me that I was headed down a path I didn't want to head down, but it certainly doesn't speak of my integrity.

I have offered to use a middleman/combination of escrow + middleman AND/OR send half BTC first/Half after if the person has a large bit of rep.
ThyDude (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:12:03 AM

@Keninishna -  Will you use middleman + Escrow?
Keninishna

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:31:47 AM

I thought that was the point of escrow was to be a middleman.
ThyDude (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:34:28 AM

O_o

I was going off of the Escrow idea that SR uses...

Basically, from my understanding I would be shipping the product directly to you, while some 3rd party holds the money waiting for confirmation from you that you've received the product.

If I'd be shipping to them and they would be re-shipping, then I don't have as much of a problem with this, other than the extra 3-5 days of waittime, but that's something I can probably deal with.
ThyDude (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 06:47:58 AM

Buyer beware.

What happened?

Nothing happened, other than you spamming all of my selling topics with "BUYER BEWARE!"

I sold these to someone from a different site.

I sold the 5950s to someone on here.

I'd appreciate it if you clarified why you are saying "BUYER BEWARE!" and fucking up my auctions.

The audacity of some people on here really amazes me. Acuasations just because I'm selling...

A) MULTIPLE ITEMS
B) EXPENSIVE ITEMS
C) NO REP

If you don't trust me, don't buy from me, but don't troll all my posts...

Fucking people....
Keninishna

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:02:37 AM

who will provide the middleman shipping service?
ThyDude (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:10:11 AM

I will leave that up to you to decide.

I'm sure some verified person will step up and be willing to do it.

Somebody who has been here a long time. A moderator or someone...

I will ask a couple people, but it will basically be me PMing random people, I'm new to this community...

I don't know a reputable person from a non-reputable, as there is no sort of rating system in the sidebar like some other forums I know of.

Any takers?
Garrett Burgwardt

Merit: 256

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:16:09 AM

I'll offer my services for 3 BTC + shipping costs, escrow and/or cross shipping.
ThyDude (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:34:57 AM

And that's up to the buyer if he wants to pay those fees.

I will not offer any help in paying for it because it's simply an issue of trust on their behalf. I have sold to MANY MANY SR people and they are all happy with their product, although I'm sure that rep won't standup here...

I will pay for the shipping to the middleman, if you want to pay for 3BTC + Shipping, that's your goods....

3BTC is a bit steep to receive a package, re-tape it, and drive to the UPS store though, don't you think?
Keninishna

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:50:35 AM

random question do you know if the graphics card can be upgraded on this? I'm looking on google but failing.
Garrett Burgwardt

Merit: 256

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:51:50 AM

Maybe, but as it stands I've got the market cornered Wink

Just PM me if anyone needs me, gonna stop monitoring this thread.
ThyDude (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:54:56 AM

Kenishna I am unaware on the answer to your question, and a quick google pulled up nothing.

Maybe try asking in the mining part of the forum?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: