Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't feel bad newbies - Early adopter without many Bitcoins  (Read 15271 times)
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 11:42:33 PM

Merry Christmas bitcoin brother 🎅

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:43:15 PM

Everyone who currently has bitcoin is an early adopter, because in 5-10 years bitcoin will skyrocket!

I don't know that now will be looked at as early adoption.  I think it's jumping in much later then early adopters.  Early adopters had no idea how much, if anything BTC would be worth.

I mean look at the first purchase of a pizza.... that is early adopter.  Now we know BTC has a value (a lot higher then back then), so we are still adopters but not early I don't think.
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 11:45:28 PM

Everyone who currently has bitcoin is an early adopter, because in 5-10 years bitcoin will skyrocket!

I don't know that now will be looked at as early adoption.  I think it's jumping in much later then early adopters.  Early adopters had no idea how much, if anything BTC would be worth.

I mean look at the first purchase of a pizza.... that is early adopter.  Now we know BTC has a value (a lot higher then back then), so we are still adopters but not early I don't think.

You never know $1 million in 10 years would make $400 look like free

the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:19:04 AM

BTW this was one of the very first threads I read when I joined the forum and BTC world. At that time I was afraid of investing in BTC (it was in January 2014, at $900) but I took inspiration from bitpop's quote "buy 1 bitcoin and sleep on it", which quickly became my mantra. I slowly reached that goal and kept this amount for months (now I have more though). Thanks Bit and Merry Christmas.

Under construction.
number2

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:38:00 PM

This is a great reason why people need to read these threads and make sure they know how they can protect themselves from letting something like this happen again.  Be safe and back up your system to a second backup and pretend there is a crash and make sure your backup is good.  I am so sorry to hear someone lost 1,000 BTC from 2011.  That is a house purchase at this price, and a million dollar payout when it goes back up to $1000.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:37:06 PM

I don't know that now will be looked at as early adoption.  I think it's jumping in much later then early adopters.  Early adopters had no idea how much, if anything BTC would be worth.

I mean look at the first purchase of a pizza.... that is early adopter.  Now we know BTC has a value (a lot higher then back then), so we are still adopters but not early I don't think.

Do you honestly believe 1 million in 10 years from 450?  I think that is pretty unrealistic myself... I expect it to go up but my speculation is much less than 1 million in 10 years... that just is not a value I think people will pay for 1 BTC in that time frame but I hope I'm wrong.
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 12:15:30 AM

Do you honestly believe 1 million in 10 years from 450?  I think that is pretty unrealistic myself... I expect it to go up but my speculation is much less than 1 million in 10 years... that just is not a value I think people will pay for 1 BTC in that time frame but I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah either hundreds of thousands or 0

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:29:39 AM

What are you basing your speculation on?  I just have a hard time wrapping my head around BTC being hundred of thousands or million in 10 years which is not that long. 

I guess I think realistically that is a pretty big jump, and one we likely would need a lot more time I think to every hit.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:59:35 AM

What are you basing your speculation on?  I just have a hard time wrapping my head around BTC being hundred of thousands or million in 10 years which is not that long. 

I guess I think realistically that is a pretty big jump, and one we likely would need a lot more time I think to every hit.

well the last 6 years you see a x4000 increase, from $0.1 to current value which look stable to me, so we can consider it

do another x4000 in 10 years, which is even greater than 6 years, well i know that it do not work in this way but you get my point, it's possible thta it may happen in only 10 years
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:05:54 PM

@OP,
Your story has touched our hearts and it shows that we need not to worry, as Bitcoins' value may go whether up or down, 1 BTC will always be 1 BTC, it's not the price of BTC that we are here for, we are here for its "VALUES" and "RESPECT"...

I am having less amount of BTC but hodling and can say that one day I will be a millionaire for sure... Wink

jmintuck02

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:00:35 AM

I am just sad I didn't know about the wallet dat in the appidata area to grab and save when I moved into a new computer and would have

had saved to CD rw if I knew anything about how big this had gotten. I believe I have over 1K btc at the time. That was way back in 2011.

If I had this cd rw and it broke out on the news last year, god knows I would be an overnight sensation in our town. I might even have to

disappear myself to another city to hide even!

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:55:56 AM

That's the problem with adopting things early  Embarrassed

Things aren't sophisticated enough, nor safe enough when it comes to technology and a new type of cybertech, to keep your "cybertech" safe. Sad.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:58:40 AM

as i can see you got the bad way of HD if it not crashed you had a hard drive valiuung like 1 million and that can be money for us newbies lol
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 05:40:19 PM

Yes we all benefit from lost coins

Dixi

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 08:49:09 PM

bitpop since you are early adopter tell me, what was time when in your perception bitcoins were relatively the cheapest. I mean  4 years  ago they could be easily  perceived as much expensive as they are today, am I correct?
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 08:57:53 PM

bitpop since you are early adopter tell me, what was time when in your perception bitcoins were relatively the cheapest. I mean  4 years  ago they could be easily  perceived as much expensive as they are today, am I correct?

Yeah $17 was too much in my mind years ago. But this year $150 was too cheap. It's all subjective.

Facilitator

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

It all depends on if the bitcoin is still there in 10 years time. If there is active development, the price will rise a lot.

▐█▌
       █████
      ███████
     ████████▀
    ████████  █
   ████████ ▐███▌
  ████████ ▐█████▌
 ████████
  ████████ ▐█████▌
   ████████ ▐███▌
    ████████  █
     ████████▄
      ███████
       █████
        ▐█▌
EXTOKE
 ------ FEE FREE TRADING! ------
▐█▌

▐█▌
  FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE!

▐█▌

▐█▌

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██            ▄▄▄   ██▄
▄██   █▄       █████▄▀ ██▄
██    ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀   ██
██     ██████████████   ██
██      █████████████   ██
██       ▀██████████    ██
▀██      ▄████████▀    ██▀
 ▀██ ▄▄████████▀▀     ██▀
  ▀██▄              ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
 ▄██       ▄█████     ██▄
▄██        ███         ██▄
██       ▄▄███▄▄        ██
██       ███████        ██
██         ███          ██
██         ███          ██
▀██        ███         ██▀
 ▀██       ███        ██▀
  ▀██▄     ███      ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:25:45 AM

I know perfectly how do you feel. I'm not as an early adopter as you but a similar situation happened to me. Nevertheless, I'm here to fight to stay on top and continue to support bitcoin and digital currencies in general!
Facilitator

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:42:18 AM

I know perfectly how do you feel. I'm not as an early adopter as you but a similar situation happened to me. Nevertheless, I'm here to fight to stay on top and continue to support bitcoin and digital currencies in general!

I am an early adopter compared to the people knowing about bitcoin 1 year later. I have some advantages now to buy the bitcoin cheap.

▐█▌
       █████
      ███████
     ████████▀
    ████████  █
   ████████ ▐███▌
  ████████ ▐█████▌
 ████████
  ████████ ▐█████▌
   ████████ ▐███▌
    ████████  █
     ████████▄