Bitcoin Forum
October 16, 2019, 01:03:33 PM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to change forgotten password  (Read 95 times)
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:39:33 PM

I can still login to my account but i have forgotten the password to log in from my mobile.. The last time I click forgot password to recover password i was blocked from accessing the account. So I fear I will ban myself for clicking forget password .. Is there any solution to this ? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Coolcryptovator

Activity: 574
Merit: 856

Don't Panic, It's Organic 🌷

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 03:48:54 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 04:00:30 PM by Coolcryptovator

I can still login to my account but i have forgotten the password to log in from my mobile.. The last time I click forgot password to recover password i was blocked from accessing the account. So I fear I will ban myself for clicking forget password .. Is there any solution to this ?  

I didn't face this problem. But my opinion if you change password by secrete question there is chance to block. But if you recover password by email, you shouldn't ban. I will suggest before attempt recover password Stake your Bitcoin address here , in case if your account ban you can prove yourself that you are owner of account. Problem is if admin find any suspicious behaviour on your account he might be ban for temporary. So better try to recover by email. But prevention is better then cure. I always write my password in hard paper( Diary).

evelyne.theresia1

Activity: 181
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:49:05 PM

Hi, i never faced this issue.
But with BCT forum logic, i think you should try recover password with same IP and same browser
Hope another member can help you below Wink
mdayonliner

Activity: 490
Merit: 364

I always respected forum rules even private ones

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 03:55:26 PM

If you change password by secrete question there is chance to block. But if you recover password by email, you shouldn't ban.
Not chance, you WILL be locked ==> [Solved]: Removing Secret Question already with an answer.

You may try using the email address however I am not sure. I have my password saved in a NotePad file since the first day.

I could not stand the lies against me anymore. I can not prove them wrong too. It's better I live in peace.
So, I am willingly locking mdayonliner. Thank you BitcoinTalk. Be addictive, be a Bitcoiner.
LoyceMobile

Activity: 488
Merit: 103

theymos: "scammers are often pretty stupid"

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 04:20:49 PM
Merited by jonnytracker (1)

I can still login to my account but i have forgotten the password
If your browser stores it, have you checked your browser settings?

LoyceV on the road (or in bed, couch, ....). Don't deal with this account (there's one exception), I use it on untrusted devices.
<<Lightning Network: Tip me 1 satoshi>>. <<Exchange Bitcoin LN for onchain coins>> <<"When AI roams free, that's LoyceV...on mobile" (by Steamtyme)>>  <<your text here for free? come up with something good>>
Look at me, I'm DT3!
[/size]
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:09:24 PM
Merited by jonnytracker (6)

I guess the only way recovering your password is getting into your browser where you can log in and get your password. I feel Chrome is the best browser where you can have an account and store your passwords securely. You have mentioned that you can login, I would suggest you to check it once.
jonnytracker

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:12:26 PM

I guess the only way recovering your password is getting into your browser where you can log in and get your password. I feel Chrome is the best browser where you can have an account and store your passwords securely. You have mentioned that you can login, I would suggest you to check it once.

Thanks I got it, I hope google smart lock is safe..
jonnytracker

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:15:22 PM

I can still login to my account but i have forgotten the password
If your browser stores it, have you checked your browser settings?

yes i got from my browser thank you..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.