Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:24:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yesterday I had a trust rating of "4", today it's zero. What happened?  (Read 640 times)
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:04:56 AM

As the title says: yesterday I had a green trust rating of "4", today it's zero. I'm not sure what that meant, really, but now it's gone. Can someone explain what it was and why it's gone?

I want to be able to explain to other people why my trust rating fell - and how it became "4" in the first place.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:09:04 AM

I'd guess that someone either removed their feedback for you, or somewhere down the chain, someone who left you feedback is no longer "trusted feedback" and is now "untrusted feedback"
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:13:52 AM

I'd guess that someone either removed their feedback for you, or somewhere down the chain, someone who left you feedback is no longer "trusted feedback" and is now "untrusted feedback"

No feedback removed, so it must be the latter - thanks for explaining it.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:15:09 AM

That would be my guess anyway, I'd check your "untrusted feedback" and see if you recall any of those people being on your "trusted feedback"
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:17:01 AM

That would be my guess anyway, I'd check your "untrusted feedback" and see if you recall any of those people being on your "trusted feedback"

I never really paid any attention to it until it was gone. It's not a problem, I just don't want anyone thinking I've suddenly become dodgy.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:21:05 AM

Ah no, that is exactly what it is. Goat was on the default trust list, because Badbear trusted him, but Goat is off of it at the moment, as he is in the middle of a dispute with gmaxwell (not financial trust based). Goat's feedback is no longer showing as Trusted feedback (by default) so they don't see that additional +1 from Goat if they don't have him added to their own trust.

Truthfully, what other people see as far as your score is completely subjective on how they configure their own trust. I could remove the default trust list from my preferences, and configure it so just about everybody would show up as having 0 trust to me.
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:27:58 AM

Aha!

That aha! said, do you find it odd that one person can mean the difference between appearing "green" and hence "trustworthy" and appearing black (and hence not trusted - or untrusted)?

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:29:54 AM

Aha!
That aha! said, do you find it odd that one person can mean the difference between appearing "green" and hence "trustworthy" and appearing black (and hence not trusted - or untrusted)?
For a guy that is so smart at figuring out scams and skimming it sure took you a while to figure out the "value" of the trust system.   lol

organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:31:52 AM

Aha!
For a guy that is so smart at figuring out scams and skimming it sure took you a while to figure out the "value" of the trust system.   lol

Sir! I have always stood by my work, and assumed people would trust in math.

Hmm, I wonder what colour "math" is?

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:17:05 AM

I see you with a rating of 4:
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 05:21:30 AM

A lot of people are going to see different trust ratings if they're using anything besides default.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:22:17 AM

A lot of people are going to see different trust ratings if they're using anything besides default.

I'm using DefaultTrust with a depth of 3 instead of 2. I guess that's why it is different.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 05:24:31 AM

I'm using DefaultTrust with a depth of 3 instead of 2. I guess that's why it is different.

And that's not default.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:10:18 AM

Ah no, that is exactly what it is. Goat was on the default trust list, because Badbear trusted him, but Goat is off of it at the moment, as he is in the middle of a dispute with gmaxwell (not financial trust based). Goat's feedback is no longer showing as Trusted feedback (by default) so they don't see that additional +1 from Goat if they don't have him added to their own trust.

Truthfully, what other people see as far as your score is completely subjective on how they configure their own trust. I could remove the default trust list from my preferences, and configure it so just about everybody would show up as having 0 trust to me.
Oh finally, I don't have to screw around with settings to remove Goat from trust. Smiley

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: