Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:55:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MINING SOLO WITH 4 CARDS  (Read 2378 times)
mu50stang (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 04:20:51 AM

How do I setup GUI Miner to mine solo with 4 cards.  I have 2 in 1 machine and another 2 in another.  Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 04:23:38 AM

unless those for cards are 6990s you're not going to make terribly much you're running between 3-4 gh tops and be lucky to solve a block per month so i have to ask why would you want to mine solo with that setup?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
mu50stang (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 04:26:58 AM

Wanna try something different.  Are you able to share on how to do it.  Thanks.
Atroxes

Activity: 119

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:09:01 AM

With 0% fee SMPPS/PPLNS pools, there's no reason, at all, to solo mine with that few GH/s.

If you somehow got your hands on 20GH/s+, then MAYBE solo mining would be an option. Although even at that speed, you might end up waiting weeks on end for a block. You could also get lucky and find 2 within 2 weeks.

Roll them dice!
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 11:13:07 AM

you can mine *coins solo....apparently they are worthwhile....

so instead of telling the guy what he *should* do in your opinion, how about someone with solo experience help the dude get setup, seeing that was his question?>?>?

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 02:05:19 PM

you can mine *coins solo....apparently they are worthwhile....

so instead of telling the guy what he *should* do in your opinion, how about someone with solo experience help the dude get setup, seeing that was his question?>?>?

http://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+solo+mining+tutorial

It's as simple as running bitcoind with a command line switch and then connecting your miners to this PC instead of to a pool. Also questions regarding GUIminer would best fit into "mining software", right?!  Roll Eyes

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 05:14:44 PM

Just set up some solo workers in GUIminer and point them to localhost.  Port 8332, IIRC.  You're on a roll. It's time to mine solo.

Mousepotato
mu50stang (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:19:04 AM

If my computer restarts why solo mining do i lose anything and have to start over. 
SleeperUnit

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:58:57 AM

If my computer restarts why solo mining do i lose anything and have to start over. 

Quick answer = No.

Long answer = If your computer happens to reboot in the few milliseconds between it finding a valid block and transmitting it to the network, then yes you will lose that block. The same is valid (and much more likely) in a pool; if your PC reboots before it could send a share it found, you won't get credit for that share.
mu50stang (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 04:32:09 AM

So just to clear this up, when I'm solo mining each hash is its own attempt to find a valid block?
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 04:37:17 AM

yup, but only 1 out of 1.8 million shares on average will make it.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 09:24:56 AM

It's a lottery, not a constant process with any guarantees.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Tim the Magician

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 03:39:45 AM

I'm solo mining with multiple machines.

I run the bitcoin client on a non-mining machine with the '-server' flag..  I chose to run it on a different machine because I'm running AMD drivers with the 100% CPU bug and it seemed like the miners were bogging down the bitcoin client.

Before you can connect from your miners you will need to modify the Bitcoin.conf file.
More about this: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin

Basically you want to remove the ‘#’ from before the server, rpcuser and rpcpassword lines.
Change rpcuser to the username you want to use and rpcpassword to a password you want to use.
# JSON-RPC options (for controlling a running Bitcoin/bitcoind process)
 # server=1 tells Bitcoin to accept JSON-RPC commands.
 server=1

# You must set rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api
 rpcuser=Username
 rpcpassword=Password

Configure the miners to connect to the machine running the bitcoin software.. I use GUIMiner on the miners it is really easy to set up.

I started off pool mining.. got to a few bitcoins and decided to go solo.. now its day after day (week after week) of waiting with no results.  I’m going to stick with it but if I had to do it all again knowing what I know now I would stick to the pool mining.

Good Luck
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 04:27:19 AM

I thought about solo mining, glad I did not.

I have been mining since June,

I have mined
3917077 shares at the guild, 1block
2470241 shares at btcmine, 3 blocks
1060853 shares at slush,     1 block
 some at deepbit, and ars  no blocks (not sure deep tells us)

the one at slush was my second day of mining, which made me want to go solo.. but I am glad I did not.  I have about 350btc now.  I would have 250 with the luck mentioned above.

good luck!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
minero1

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 11:17:18 PM

Assuming you are using guiminer in windows 7 and both computers are connected to the same router/switch go to the guiminer menu click solo utilities, solo password, enter whatever you want there, then set the client path to where your bitcoin client is installed, finally launch it as a server.

Try to find out whats your server IP address, if you're not sure type CMD in the run dialog box in the start menu, once the console opens up type "ipconfig" without quotes, a bunch of stuff shows up but you are only interested in the IPv4 address

Now in the client machine while setting the solo miner your host is the ip address of your server, the port is 8332 and the user and pass are the ones you set in the server's guiminer

i think that's it
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 03:49:02 PM

I thought about solo mining, glad I did not.

I have been mining since June,

I have mined
3917077 shares at the guild, 1block
2470241 shares at btcmine, 3 blocks
1060853 shares at slush,     1 block
 some at deepbit, and ars  no blocks (not sure deep tells us)

the one at slush was my second day of mining, which made me want to go solo.. but I am glad I did not.  I have about 350btc now.  I would have 250 with the luck mentioned above.

good luck!

Deepbit tells you how many blocks on your advanced user settings page.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: