Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:08:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoSlax Linux Mining Distro  (Read 27721 times)
uray (OP)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:09:19 PM

Looks great, I can't get internet on my MSI G45 gaming motherboard though no matter what I try...

does your ethernet device detected? can you provide me the result of #lspci ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
uray (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:11:27 PM

Ongoing edit saga of getting this going, hehe.  So, what I've found now is that if I start the miner from the actual computer, ie mouse and keyboard, I get the GPU temps reported correctly, but if I ssh in and start cgminer, then I can't get temps.  It's weird because anubis will even get temp data when I start it locally, but gets 0's if I start remotely.

u need ssh session that start from xorg session because it need AMD ADL to access your GPU data, see my post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389667.msg5235096#msg5235096
uray (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:01:33 PM

now it has official website: http://www.cryptoslax.web.id
smccoinpro

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:27:55 AM

Ongoing edit saga of getting this going, hehe.  So, what I've found now is that if I start the miner from the actual computer, ie mouse and keyboard, I get the GPU temps reported correctly, but if I ssh in and start cgminer, then I can't get temps.  It's weird because anubis will even get temp data when I start it locally, but gets 0's if I start remotely.

u need ssh session that start from xorg session because it need AMD ADL to access your GPU data, see my post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389667.msg5235096#msg5235096

Even when starting from the console, I only get GPU temps for the for first GPU (0), none of the others.
uray (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:33:26 PM

Even when starting from the console, I only get GPU temps for the for first GPU (0), none of the others.

try :

aticonfig --adapter=all --initial -f
cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

then reboot
nbtscan

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:29:33 AM

Hmmm, okay, so the two bugs I've gotten so far are;

1) I can't SSH in and start a rig - it won't report temp data if you do that.

2) 2 of the 7 rigs don't boot at all, and just hang at "looking for slax data in /slax...."

Great work so far! 

1) if u want to get temp data, you need AMD ADL running in your ssh session, that is when ssh session started inside xorg, the easiest one is just remote using vnc client, then start console, and create screen session (screen -S mysession), then you ssh into your machine and run screen -r mysession, that screen session will have ADL enabled

2) is it AMD based motherboard chipset, if that so u need to enable AMD IOMMU in your bios, then clean your slax usb then try boot again

hey uray!  AMD based mobo here (gigabyte 970A-UD3P), when IOMMU is enabled in bios i get "Looking for slax data in /slax...." after fresh install.

if i disable IOMMU, then it boots, but no keyboard or mouse. 

i appreciate your help!
nbtscan

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:20:52 AM

Hmmm, okay, so the two bugs I've gotten so far are;

1) I can't SSH in and start a rig - it won't report temp data if you do that.

2) 2 of the 7 rigs don't boot at all, and just hang at "looking for slax data in /slax...."

Great work so far! 

1) if u want to get temp data, you need AMD ADL running in your ssh session, that is when ssh session started inside xorg, the easiest one is just remote using vnc client, then start console, and create screen session (screen -S mysession), then you ssh into your machine and run screen -r mysession, that screen session will have ADL enabled

2) is it AMD based motherboard chipset, if that so u need to enable AMD IOMMU in your bios, then clean your slax usb then try boot again

hey uray!  AMD based mobo here (gigabyte 970A-UD3P), when IOMMU is enabled in bios i get "Looking for slax data in /slax...." after fresh install.

if i disable IOMMU, then it boots, but no keyboard or mouse. 

i appreciate your help!

ok, i figured it out.  my flash drive was plugged into a usb 3.0 slot and my mouse and keyboard were in a 2.1 slot, i put the flash memory into the 2.1 slot with the mouse and keyboard with IOMMU enabled and all is well!! :-)
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:28:26 AM

I love crypto slax but am having an issue with resolution and module downloads. i can access internet fine, but trying to install any modules from slax.org results in a 'check your connection' error. Max resolution i can get is 800x600 (connected via amd 5450 vga). The .sb are in /modules for amd, catalyst,etc. aticonfig recognizes the adapter. it just cant go higher than 800x600, and what seems to be 16 bit color and horrible type (blurry). couldnt set manual virtual desktop size with xrandr either. I'll probably end up just configuring it remotely.
uray (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:54:11 PM

0.3beta-2 released -> http://www.cryptoslax.web.id

hope some bugs are fixed, please try this first
strideknight

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:15:15 PM

Thanks man, excited about the new version.  Is this going to have cgminer 3.7.2 for scrypt instead of the 3.7.3 (which is broken)?

Now I just have to get PXEBoot working for slax (2/3rds of the way there, hehe)

Also, is 1UrayjqRjSJjuouhJnkczy5AuMqJGRK4b your BTC address?
Jabroni

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:13:47 AM

0.3beta-2 released -> http://www.cryptoslax.web.id

hope some bugs are fixed, please try this first

Thanks for the update! I just tested.. out of the box cgminser-scrypt was giving segfaults. Trying to access the AMD Control panel didnt detect the R9 290 cards however aticonfig --list-adapters did showed the two cards. Decided to reinstall the AMD linux drivers 13.12 and bingo!!! AMD Control Panel now detects the card and I was able to start mining scrypt on GPU Smiley

uray (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:08:32 AM

there is patch for broken AMD http://www.cryptoslax.web.id, copy that .sb to your [FLASHDRIVE]/slax/modules
this will fix amd driver initialization on boot, which caused segfault on cgminer and any gpu miner
uray (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:10:22 AM

Thanks man, excited about the new version.  Is this going to have cgminer 3.7.2 for scrypt instead of the 3.7.3 (which is broken)?

yup i am going back to 3.7.2 for scrypt, and use 3.7.3 for keccak,
note : u need to download 0.3-beta3 patch to proper init amd gpu, this patch will be included on 0.3-beta3
uray (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:11:28 AM

yup its my address, did u tested PXEBoot on slax? is it working? i am not tested it yet, i will be soon
strideknight

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:49:53 PM

there is patch for broken AMD http://www.cryptoslax.web.id, copy that .sb to your [FLASHDRIVE]/slax/modules
this will fix amd driver initialization on boot, which caused segfault on cgminer and any gpu miner

Did the patch get moved?  Don't see it on the website.

Haven't gotten to actually test cryptoslax on PXE yet, got everything setup but couldn't get the pxe files from slax easily (without unplugging the USB stick) so I stopped for the day, and I haven't had a chance to give it a shot again yet.
uray (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:26:16 PM

Did the patch get moved?  Don't see it on the website.

Haven't gotten to actually test cryptoslax on PXE yet, got everything setup but couldn't get the pxe files from slax easily (without unplugging the USB stick) so I stopped for the day, and I haven't had a chance to give it a shot again yet.

yeah its already included on 0.3 final
vaskomobile

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:07:18 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 02:01:28 AM by vaskomobile

Hello,

Does it need to start x automatically ? It is booting and stop at Starting up X11 session manager...
Then I log in ,and 127.0.0.1 is last output.

How to start graphic interface?

I`v get everything working , but now I want to enable my onboard GPU to use like primary (to connect monitor on it)
Because I think vertminer disable 1 thread on my GPU where monitor is connected now.

I have enabled onboard GPU but cant make it primary.

Best mining platform ever ! Left windows for this Cheesy
etrock

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:21:37 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 05:26:25 PM by etrock

It's great! Grin

but,how can i stop the vnc and smb server?:

auto run VNC-server for display 0 on port 5901 on KDE login (warning : no-password!)
auto run SMB-server on boot (warning : no-password! , root access!)

cryptoslax64-0.3.7z
extera

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:51:13 PM

Looks great!

You should colab with phpminer for the webinterface Smiley these 2 together would be a dream!
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:10:58 PM

Looks great!

You should colab with phpminer for the webinterface Smiley these 2 together would be a dream!

Totally agree. phpminer is the best.

Also, last version of sgminer would be great.

Great work here!

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: