Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:06:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Speaker(s) Needed  (Read 3668 times)
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:40:40 AM

Anticipated Future Meeting Dates:

4-9-2014

OK, so February & March have past; I see April 9th as the next date available... let's come through for Sharan & get him a bitcoin meeting in Chicago!

I was about to volunteer but then remembered I'll be attending the conference in New York on the 7th and 8th and won't have the time.

Any other future dates likely?

Still around.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kjlimo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:51:09 AM

Anticipated Future Meeting Dates:

4-9-2014

OK, so February & March have past; I see April 9th as the next date available... let's come through for Sharan & get him a bitcoin meeting in Chicago!

I was about to volunteer but then remembered I'll be attending the conference in New York on the 7th and 8th and won't have the time.

Any other future dates likely?

Edd, thanks for your consideration!  Perhaps your flight home will lay over in chicago?  haha

I asked Sharan if April doesn't happen if we have future dates; I'll keep you posted.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
kjlimo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:53:56 PM

Looks like April is already locked in for another speaker, so we're thinking May is the ideal month for us to get this on the ACM's calendar.

Please let me know if you're interested in being a speaker (we're up to three potentials, and edd would make a fourth).

Next steps include:

1) Send a bio to Sharan
2) Send an agenda
3) Send prepared remarks (if you want to put together a power point or something).
4) Nail down a date & show up in May (on a Wednesday) to present!

However, I think he's cool with people showing up and just talking, but please be prepared to talk for 15 minutes.

Then Q&A to follow.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 03:05:36 PM

Reviving the dead here...just thought everyone on this thread that might see it should definitely be made aware of the TNABC Conference at McCormick place.  It's this weekend Saturday and Sunday, with a kickoff party hosted by BitPay at the House of Blues featuring the documentary The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin.  Hope to see everyone who can join us...and if you're hanging out on this forum, it'd be silly not to go.

www.BTCChicago.com

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: