Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:05:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm cashing out my bitcoins. Anyone else feeling a drop coming soon?***UPDATED**  (Read 5985 times)
flm

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:27:14 PM

Pulled all my alt-coin positions out and made about 50% profit gambling there over the last couple of weeks.

I feel a weakness throughout the market and think it will get worse. I think we will be heading into the 600's soon and then slowly into the 500's. With no end in sight really.

Anyone else feel the same?

You should of just sold a certain amount of coins to the same value of cash that you invested.

I have had money sitting in a savings account for years earning around 1% interest and was too scared to take any risks. I missed buying BTC at £120 and entered late, but i decided it was time to take a risk as in the past i ignored my gut feelings over other investment opportunities that would have made me some big cash. I regret not taking those risks now Sad

I have put 10% of my savings into BTC now as i actually believe in it and i am in for the long term, even if prices dive over the next year, i will sit back and hold until i think its right.

I will be buying a few more BTC if the price drops, but i will not be using more than 20% of what i have saved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Romyen

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:35:46 PM

Pulled all my alt-coin positions out and made about 50% profit gambling there over the last couple of weeks.

I feel a weakness throughout the market and think it will get worse. I think we will be heading into the 600's soon and then slowly into the 500's. With no end in sight really.

Whence comes this feeling? Astrologer? Fortune teller? Or are you psychic?
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:38:06 PM

God, posts like this make me want to go back into bear-troll mode to show Edward50 how to really do it well...thinking...

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 05:17:00 PM

God, posts like this make me want to go back into bear-troll mode to show Edward50 how to really do it well...thinking...

There won't be another rally if you don't....
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:29:14 PM

Hmm. Rally in all markets just started...

Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:51:06 PM

proudhon, you'll always be my favorite bear-troll. 

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
favelle75

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:31:23 PM

I honestly can't believe how many replies this dude gets. Must be due to the hilarity.

Either way, I just contributed to the dumbness...so shame on me as well...  Sad

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:19:40 AM

Those of us that were around when Bitcoinica was operating and Zhou Tong was running it, will recall that people got Zhou Tonged by being short BTC just as much as, if more more often, than by being long BTC. The biggest bit bear, that went to the slaughter, was of course none other than pirateat40. Pirateat40 actually believed that Bitcoin was some kind of "worthless funny money", until none other than the US Government proved him wrong in a court of law.

PS: I am a baby boomer.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:33:48 AM

Those of us that were around when Bitcoinica was operating and Zhou Tong was running it, will recall that people got Zhou Tonged by being short BTC just as much as, if more more often, than by being long BTC. The biggest bit bear, that went to the slaughter, was of course none other than pirateat40. Pirateat40 actually believed that Bitcoin was some kind of "worthless funny money", until none other than the US Government proved him wrong in a court of law.

PS: I am a baby boomer.

I keep hearing about this Bitcoinica being a major scam in the old days, was it run by the same zhou tong that runs CoinJar in Australia ?

Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:17:01 PM

I'm still in with most of my bitcoins as I decided to sell if it goes under $675.

Just calculating my gains and it looks like I made $4785 in profit with only having invested an average amount of money of $3000 to $3500. All this was made in just a few weeks of playing around. Many of the bitcoins were even purchased at above $850 and even high $900's.
EDIT: actually my first bitcoin purchase was around December 10th and only for a small amount.

That means I made over 150% gain by playing with bitcoins.

Just thinking about it, it is so easy to win in this game because so many people like most of you bulls don't know what your doing. Don't know when to pull out and are easy to rob money from. Basically you all think the various coins are going to the moon, while I am cashing out at the highs and staying away from overpriced coins.

Maybe I will stick around to rob more of your guys money. Especially now that I really know what I am doing and am a much better trader.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:25:03 PM

Maybe I will stick around to rob more of your guys money.

Look out for the highwayman! He's coming to get your coins!  Cheesy

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
outofservice

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:25:36 PM

I'm still in with most of my bitcoins as I decided to sell if it goes under $675.

Just calculating my gains and it looks like I made $4785 in profit with only having invested an average amount of money of $3000 to $3500. All this was made in just a few weeks of playing around. Many of the bitcoins were even purchased at above $850 and even high $900's.
EDIT: actually my first bitcoin purchase was around December 10th and only for a small amount.

Just thinking about it, it is so easy to win in this game because so many people like most of you bulls don't know what your doing. Don't know when to pull out and are easy to rob money from. Basically you all think the various coins are going to the moon, while I am cashing out at the highs and staying away from overpriced coins.

Maybe I will stick around to rob more of your guys money. Especially now that I really know what I am doing and am a much better trader.

lol, sounds like someone's looking for a fight... what happened, daddy didn't give you enough attention?
Don't be an attention whore, not a good look.
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:26:50 PM

No, Bitcoin will never go down below 500 or 600 now. It's floor is now 800.

I feel that Bitcoin will worth at least $5000 Q1 next year.
Nubarius

Activity: 310
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:27:32 PM

(...)
I keep hearing about this Bitcoinica being a major scam in the old days, was it run by the same zhou tong that runs CoinJar in Australia ?

Yes.
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:49:15 PM

Everyone can't be a bitcoin millionaire,  we need poor judgment and poor analysis. Thanks

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Mikcik

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:43:42 PM

Wow where is all this hate coming from  Huh.

This is speculation right or is it not? I am stating my position that I am cashing out.

Why can't you stop derailing my posts and discuss your position intelligently?

Just maybe your intuition is telling you the same and you don't want to admit it or hope to not believe it, so you attack me?

Yeah i got the same feeling, im also thinking about cashing out, i did some calculations and i belive that the price will drop to around 450 USD in mid January 2014.

I bought btc in buble in april so im still im the green numbers, but i could make some profit selling them now, and buying them back in the 450 usd level.

did you done some analysis of yourse for this decision?
favelle75

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:01:24 AM

That's what the smart trader does.....wait until it drops $100 and THEN sell it....

/sarcasm

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:33:22 AM

If you are thinking about cashing out just print out this log chart and look at it then do what many of us are doing and just HOLD!  Next year could be just crazy!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322058.msg4227521#msg4227521

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:40:29 AM

Yup, just keep HOLPING  Roll Eyes

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:41:32 AM

Haha.  Wow.  $4785 in profit.  Haha.  Wow.  I remember the first time I traded bitcoins, too.  You've been around since June 2011 and that's all the money you've made?  Christ, what an opportunity you blew.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: