Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:56:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bfxdata.com | Bitfinex Market (price and market depth) + Swap Charts  (Read 50152 times)
nick32768

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:36:44 PM

Hi bjornw,
great job !!

I have "hacked" your pages to have on the same page this different graphs that are very useful: the USD Highest liquidity chart and the price chart. I saw there is a really strict correlation bewteen the change of the price and the change of the Lowest USD liquidity demand.

I've created a static HTML file with two iframes with the different charts so that I can compare them easily. Maybe you can add it to your service, merging the data of the two graphs in a single one.

Great work!!
Nick.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bjornw (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 06:53:00 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 11:01:56 AM by bjornw

Hi bjornw,
great job !!

I have "hacked" your pages to have on the same page this different graphs that are very useful: the USD Highest liquidity chart and the price chart. I saw there is a really strict correlation bewteen the change of the price and the change of the Lowest USD liquidity demand.

I've created a static HTML file with two iframes with the different charts so that I can compare them easily. Maybe you can add it to your service, merging the data of the two graphs in a single one.

Great work!!
Nick.

I've made nick32768 a graph, but to be honest, personally i'm not convinced what I could do with this correlation. I think it's not more than logical that there should be a correlation between the change of price and the peeks in liquify rates: if there is a rally going on more people will open a leveraged position, hence take a liquidity offer. So of course there is a correlation. Rally -> price goes up -> higher liquidity demand -> liquidity rate rises. (if someone thinks differently, please share your thoughts here).

anyway for anyone, like nick32768,  interested I've made a "BTC price - USD liquidity rate chart" :
http://www.bfxdata.com/graphLiquidityUSDPriceBTCUSDCombined.php

If anyone can give me a good reason (plus theory) to incorporate it to the main site I will, for the time being use the above link if you're interested

@ nick32768 not to burn your theory down, but I just don't see what I could do with it. Please add you're thoughts on why it's useful, maybe i'm just missing something Smiley Anyhow I really appreciate your input, so if you have more insight please do share them. I'm looking forward to to them

oh and on a side note I've just added liquidity stats pages for BTC / LTC (same as for USD).
A few considerations:
  • lend books is very "thin" for BTC and LTC liquidity swaps (i.e. very few offers and demands) so depth chart will be a bit hard to read. just click in the legend to hide bids or ask to get a better readable chart.
  • I've just today started collecting data for the lowest liquidity offer / highest liquidity demand for BTC an LTC so the graphs will look a bit odd the first couple of hours, they'll improve  by time (just like a good wine).

regard Bjorn

http://www.bfxdata.com Bitfinex Swap (Lending) Charts and Orderbook pages. Bitfinex referrer code UttOzlC1zZ (10% fee discount for 30 days)
bjornw (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:53:48 PM

Made some minor changes:
  • Added a Huobi ticker
  • added 24h High/low/volume to the BTCUSD / LTCUSD / LTCBTC orderbooks

http://www.bfxdata.com Bitfinex Swap (Lending) Charts and Orderbook pages. Bitfinex referrer code UttOzlC1zZ (10% fee discount for 30 days)
nick32768

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:01:03 AM

@ nick32768 not to burn your theory down, but I just don't see what I could do with it. Please add you're thoughts on why it's useful, maybe i'm just missing something Smiley Anyhow I really appreciate your input, so if you have more insight please do share them. I'm looking forward to to them

I the past days I noticed an increase of the lending rates when the bitcoin value was heading down. I expected exactly the opposite: lending rates going up when the price was rising.

Now there was the technical issue at Bitfinex + the price plunge and the open swaps positions in USD dropper from 21M to 15M, causing my theory to vanish.

In any case, when the market is moving, the rates changes quickly, so I find the chart useful in anycase.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Nick.
bjornw (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 06:22:09 PM

Hi all,

I've made some changes to the site. The page looked a bit cluttered, so I reorganised a bit now. Hope you all think the new layout is a bit better than the old one. Please let me know what you think about the changes. Other suggestions and feature requests are also greatly appreciated.

Cheers Bjorn

MustMan

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:31:25 PM

Primarily as a lender, your charts are really helpful.
Thanks ,bjornw.

Great job !
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:31:29 AM

Been looking for this for some time, great site. Tip sent !
tsay

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:49:42 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 02:15:51 PM by tsay

Hi,bjorn,

I have been visiting charts-bfxdata site quite often and found it really practically useful.
Today I read your "Anouncement: Bfxdata Android App", I own a android phone also, so I think it would be great thing to publish it in the Play Store for free for those who needs it.
Knowing also that you've been reaching the limits of your rhcloud server, if you can upgrade your webhost that certainly can vastly improve the update intervals of the data on the site.
Thanks so much for your great jobs, I would like to donate a bit to let the above mentioned matters be implemented in the near future.

0.1 btc already sent for 8 hours but still didn't reach
19xbr7HuXb42pNV4Qsiwgw8JJHnnWGcSN2
Don't know why, if Bitfinex lost it , I will resend it again.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2vuxxmg.jpg
bjornw (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:58:12 PM

It has arrived, thanks! Not lost at all, but feel free to resend it  Wink Cheesy

tsay

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:20:10 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 01:45:51 PM by tsay

It has arrived, thanks! Not lost at all, but feel free to resend it  Wink Cheesy

Weird enough, I still couldn't find it on blockchain, where did you get that info.?

The last updated time was 2014-03-04 on my webpage, I couldn't find my. Huh

http://i62.tinypic.com/hrfnug.jpg
bjornw (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:47:29 PM

I'm quite sure i's because it was a Bitfinex -> Bitfinex Transaction. Bitfinex handled the transaction from internal account to internal account, hence no actual BTC transaction took place. You should see a "completed" withdrawal in the withdraw page (click at the bottom on the "Recent deposit and withdrawals" button) should be there.

tsay

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:08:50 AM

Ok, I see, thanks.

Btw, I thought your Android App is handy really, terrific! Cheesy
tsay

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:04:19 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 07:33:32 AM by tsay

Hi bjornw,
great job !!

Great work!!
Nick.

I've made nick32768 a graph, but to be honest, personally i'm not convinced what I could do with this correlation. I think it's not more than logical that there should be a correlation between the change of price and the peeks in liquify rates: if there is a rally going on more people will open a leveraged position, hence take a liquidity offer. So of course there is a correlation. Rally -> price goes up -> higher liquidity demand -> liquidity rate rises. (if someone thinks differently, please share your thoughts here).

anyway for anyone, like nick32768,  interested I've made a "BTC price - USD liquidity rate chart" :
http://charts-bfxdata.rhcloud.com/graphLiquidityUSDPriceBTCUSDCombined.php

If anyone can give me a good reason (plus theory) to incorporate it to the main site I will, for the time being use the above link if you're interested

oh and on a side note I've just added liquidity stats pages for BTC / LTC (same as for USD).
A few considerations:
  • lend books is very "thin" for BTC and LTC liquidity swaps (i.e. very few offers and demands) so depth chart will be a bit hard to read. just click in the legend to hide bids or ask to get a better readable chart.
  • I've just today started collecting data for the lowest liquidity offer / highest liquidity demand for BTC an LTC so the graphs will look a bit odd the first couple of hours, they'll improve  by time (just like a good wine).

regard Bjorn

Hi bjorn,

I read this previous post in detail, I found I have the same keen interest as nick, especially on the Lowest USD Liquidity Offer and Price BTCUSD put on the same charts for comparision for which you made him.

http://i61.tinypic.com/347fa6e.jpg

So I try my best to give you "a good reason (plus theory) to incorporate it to the main site" .

Strictly speaking, it appears seems no explicit "correlation" between these two graphs, but as you know it, market price movement always involves all factors no matter we know it or not, ie known/ hidden, explicit/implicit, prices itself already reflecting everything it should involve.

Price is king on the market , price patterns always gives you the  signals for buying/selling as well as swap offering/demanding.

So prices in essence are the fundamental basis of market behavior for both liquidity swap offerer and taker, if there are no prices movement, there are certainly no liquidity swap activities and all kinds of psychological conditions and decision making that are originated from the prices movement.

Though at first look it seems no explicit "correlation" between these two graphs , but nobody can absolutely say there are no any "correlation" between these two graphs, that "correlation" couldn't always reveal itself at any time and any place on the chart, but maybe appears at some special time or location on the chart and that all depends on your own judgement or anything you regard it as justifiable and reasonable.

On the uncertain market, to find the seemingly certain regular pattern or kind of  "correlation", don't you think that is really full of exploring fun for those who find it intriguing?

So if you can incorporate "Price BTCUSD" to the main site for option, me and somebody who really loves to explore mystery of chart's correlation would be find it conveniently for comparision.

What do you think?  bjorn.

Edit: I find another persuasive reason to incorporate market price to the main site, simply that is you can just quick look at the BTCUSD market price and Lowest USD Liquidity Offer at a time and which is not relate to other things such as whether there are any "correlation" or not , if this can easily been done, then why not?

bjornw (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 08:12:28 AM

Hi bjorn,

I read this previous post in detail, I found I have the same keen interest as nick, especially on the Lowest USD Liquidity Offer and Price BTCUSD put on the same charts for comparision for which you made him.

So I try my best to give you "a good reason (plus theory) to incorporate it to the main site" .

Strictly speaking, it appears seems no explicit "correlation" between these two graphs, but as you know it, market price movement always involves all factors no matter we know it or not, ie known/ hidden, explicit/implicit, prices itself already reflecting everything it should involve.

Price is king on the market , price patterns always gives you the  signals for buying/selling as well as swap offering/demanding.

So prices in essence are the fundamental basis of market behavior for both liquidity swap offerer and taker, if there are no prices movement, there are certainly no liquidity swap activities and all kinds of psychological conditions and decision making that are originated from the prices movement.

Though at first look it seems no explicit "correlation" between these two graphs , but nobody can absolutely say there are no any "correlation" between these two graphs, that "correlation" couldn't always reveal itself at any time and any place on the chart, but maybe appears at some special time or location on the chart and that all depends on your own judgement or anything you regard it as justifiable and reasonable.

On the uncertain market, to find the seemingly certain regular pattern or kind of  "correlation", don't you think that is really full of exploring fun for those who find it intriguing?

So if you can incorporate "Price BTCUSD" to the main site for option, me and somebody who really loves to explore mystery of chart's correlation would be find it conveniently for comparision.

What do you think?  bjorn.

Edit: I find another persuasive reason to incorporate market price to the main site, simply that is you can just quick look at the BTCUSD market price and Lowest USD Liquidity Offer at a time and which is not relate to other things such as whether there are any "correlation" or not , if this can easily been done, then why not?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I will be adding a page or two with combined charts. Personally I find myself looking at the total swap sums vs price quite a lot recently (even without a combined chart) The sum tells me a bit about the market sentiment. If the total USD sum rises a lot, traders feel bullish and it's a nice indicator of where the price will go for a while. The other way around if the sum of BTC / LTC swaps increases suddenly, traders are shorting and expect the prices to drop for a while. Please let me know what other combinations you all like to see.
I'll add Nick's and Tsay's request and also my sum vs price (probably combined with average rate as an option) idea.

What other charts / tables you all would like to see added? Let me know here and share your thoughts like Nick and Tsay on why it is useful. Good ideas will be rewarded with a nice chart Wink

regards Bjorn

tsay

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:44:30 AM

Thanks for your thoughts!

I will be adding a page or two with combined charts. Personally I find myself looking at the total swap sums vs price quite a lot recently (even without a combined chart) The sum tells me a bit about the market sentiment. If the total USD sum rises a lot, traders feel bullish and it's a nice indicator of where the price will go for a while. The other way around if the sum of BTC / LTC swaps increases suddenly, traders are shorting and expect the prices to drop for a while. Please let me know what other combinations you all like to see.
I'll add Nick's and Tsay's request and also my sum vs price (probably combined with average rate as an option) idea.

What other charts / tables you all would like to see added? Let me know here and share your thoughts like Nick and Tsay on why it is useful. Good ideas will be rewarded with a nice chart Wink

regards Bjorn

Great!Bjorn,
Really thanks for your quick response.  Cheesy

UberNifty

Activity: 168

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:22:54 PM

Awesome resource; to the extent that I'll be adding your site to the Uber Nifty Bitcoin Resource Directory on my next major update!  Grin

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
dahongfei

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:27:18 PM

Hi bjorn, I'm having problem accessing your website from China. It seems your IP from rhclould is banned by the Chinese Great Firewall. I have to use a VPN/SSH to access it.

Another problem is 8 of 10 times, the "Bitfinex USD Swaps Stats USD" chart is blank while other parts are working good.
bjornw (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:33:55 PM

hi dahongfei,

I would love to help you, but I'm not sure what to do.... The chart not loading is probably because it's quite data intensive, so probably your vpn/ssh connection doesn't like that... I could render it all charts server side opposed to client side (what i'm doing at the moment), but the server is not really suited for that. it has trouble keeping up as it is at the moment. So handling rendering the charts will probably result in a slow site for all visitors.
So unless I get some more funds to pay for better hosting the service will be as it is. Feel free to chip in a few bitcoin pennies to the donation address and I will upgrade the web host. Sorry I can help you much further at the moment.

regards Bjorn

dahongfei

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:41:52 PM

hi dahongfei,

I would love to help you, but I'm not sure what to do.... The chart not loading is probably because it's quite data intensive, so probably your vpn/ssh connection doesn't like that... I could render it all charts server side opposed to client side (what i'm doing at the moment), but the server is not really suited for that. it has trouble keeping up as it is at the moment. So handling rendering the charts will probably result in a slow site for all visitors.
So unless I get some more funds to pay for better hosting the service will be as it is. Feel free to chip in a few bitcoin pennies to the donation address and I will upgrade the web host. Sorry I can help you much further at the moment.

regards Bjorn

don't be sorry Bjorn, think it this way: your are on a Chinese gov's list together with facebook, twitter, youtube...
bjornw (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:51:20 PM

hahaha, I must be a real dangerous person then, providing data about the fearsome Bitcoin Smiley hope I'll be able to get a visa if I ever plan to visit the People's Republic... Or maybe I have to be careful what I say here.... naahhhh I'm banned already by the big firewall. Well dahongfei if you can think of something I could do to make the site better accessible to you and your fellow countrymen, please let me know.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: