Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:46:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new GUI Miner front end - your input appreciated!  (Read 769 times)
KentIke (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:37:45 AM

I designing a new front end for typical SHA256 and Scrypt cryptocurrency miners.

I've seen some really great miners and would like to build an ultimate toolbox front end.

What features would you want to see?

What I plan (mainly for scrypt miners, but sha256 included)

Mining platform to select miner + version of miner.
Pool failover handled by front end
Aggregated pool/share/etc information on front end
Aggregated GPU/ASIC performance data by configuration, by date, etc--- help zone in on the "perfect" configuration.
OC and voltage configuration from front end via GPU SDK.
Device temperature
Remote API/web/mobile interface.
Alert system for miners -- low hash, high temp alert, down miner, etc.
Scheduled slow down or pause times for miners to avoid high-demand electric rates
Additionally, a web front end would exist for miners that woudl allow comparison of GPU card configuration to hash rates, etc.
  --- [ Example, miner identifies device/GPUand pulls up crowd-sourced confirmed card/GPU-model match configuration & hash rates.]

Also, what features did you wish could be handled by a client, instead of having to do manually or on the pool's interface.

So, that all aside, the question I have is if the front end made configuring and running your miners easier, would you donate for it?

Thanks

~K
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: