Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:53:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your coins in multiple wallets  (Read 4801 times)
anjohyx

Activity: 451
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:55:59 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 04:14:26 PM by anjohyx

Hold our coins in multiple wallets really reduce losses if scam by phishing, but it's not easy to do that if you holding a lot of different altcoin, important is you must remember all the password, store seed in safe place, sometime we also losses our cryptocurrency just because of forgot seed, why don't buy a hardware wallet and solve the phishing problem?

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:00:51 PM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?

Who told you to have only one wallet ?always put in mind that segregating our funds and many different wallet is more secured than putting them all in one,

Because things happens,we dont know how cruel this cryptoworld to us,better always ready in any circumstances.this may serve as learn to experience to each and everyone of us
rye18

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:08:18 PM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

for me, I hold my coins in different wallets so that once it hacked i still have other tokens to use for in case of emergency and this is the best way i think to kept safe some of my assets.
jhowww

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 04:10:23 PM

That's a lesson learned the hard way, sorry to hear what happened, but at the same time thankful for the tip. I need to start doing that asap!
sawit

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:20:59 PM

we have to hold some coins in the wallet so our coins and tokens are better preserved, even if there is something missing, but we do not lose all the coins in our wallets, besides they can help to restore lost coins in our wallets.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:37:38 PM

It's your lesson so you can keep your coins or tokens safely, I suggest you choose a strong security system wallet and have 2F Security code, like indodax and kucoin.
Don't store the large mass of token in one exchange I advise not to store tokens for long terms on any exchanges cause you don't own the private key of a certain wallet their so no matter what happens on that exchanges they have the full access on the wallets, better to have some hardware wallets like others saying or establish a device to hold your tokens offline without a touch of the internet, like the OP said he got stolen from a Phishing website or something so better not to direct your private keys there or just be aware that the website is fake.
BravO_o

Activity: 532
Merit: 165

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:11:25 PM

I broke all my money on a few purses and a few exchanges. I also bought a Ledger Nano S and keep 60% of my capital on it. I do not advise to keep all your money in one place
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:02:25 AM

hopefully the future does not happen like that again, security is the main thing. suggestions to divide coins or tokens into other wallets so that it is better not to be stored in a publicly made wallet
Instead of keeping your crypto coins in multiple wallets, the most important thing which you need to do is that you need to have some good awareness regarding the things which can then help you in having a fair idea of things related to that of the crypto currencies and the ways using which you can keep yourself secure. You can keep your coins safe even by putting in one wallet but for that you need to have some very good information regarding the things.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 11:08:29 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience in cryptocurrency business. I only have two wallets. One is the wallet that is created here in my country that supports paying bills and load rebate. And the other is MyEtherWallet to hold my tokens and Eth since the other wallet is not ERC-20 compatible. I also bookmark the legit websites especially MEW and I only use my address when checking for my balance.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:13:33 AM

It is safer to store your coins into different wallets, thats right. If someone hacks you, you still have another wallet with some funds. You can survive this way, but you should always store you coins on some hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger Nano.
nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:16:15 AM

Nice information. Having more than one wallet can minimize the risks. If one wallet is hacked or stolen, we still have other savings in other wallet. Although stolen wallet will make us feel so bad, it can minimize to be stolen all savings.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Pamela1966

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 12:42:32 PM

What I do to secure my coins is storing my coins in hardware wallets, it is a more secure wallet. Any long-term investor should adopt this good idea. However for long- term ‘HODL’ you should use a paper wallet or a Hardware wallet as it offers great security, with hardware wallets no one can steal your coins and few of the available hardware wallets are Legder Nano S and Trezor.
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:52:14 PM

I split my coin into multiple wallets in other not to lose all my coin as anything can happen to a particular wallet at any point in time. I keep offline all wallets that I am not using at that time and take proper care not to expose any of my information to a third party or even use a third party web service to hold my money. I also make sure I use a wallet which is safe and secure to avoid disclosing my data to a third party.
Olympusi

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:55:55 PM

I only have one purse. Although I know that your method is good, but I want to know where are you storing so many wallets? When hacking your phone and computer, in fact, all your wallets are insecure!
yitai2020

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:03:48 PM

I think this is too complicated for me because I don't have too many assets and I'm basically on the exchange. I have very few wallets, and I choose large-scale exchanges.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:17:49 PM

Being a new member on cryptocurrency business, I've learned a lots about this certain issue, and I have not yet any token in my wallet at all, and if this campaign that I've been joining for now become successful, maybe this is my first time of earning tokens, but before I experienced a weekly payment of campaign with direct payment of bitcoin, it was only about two weeks of working before I transferred to bounty campaign that contributes tokens salaries, but I've been using a secured ethereum which is a very safe ethereum wallet, and it is a good advice to all of us to used multiple wallet, but we must used MEW which is the secured MEW and avoid phising sites in order to evade those hackers.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:20:07 PM

Using multiply wallets is a good way of diversification of your money storing which means reducing risk. But the thing is that you need to be good at saving passwords and wallet numbers
kendedes

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:34:47 PM

Managing the coins and wallets are part of the strategy and management when involved in crypto. COins and wallet will relate to the security, easiness, and effectivity in managing them. I commonly will split my altcoins into some wallets. Besides easing in management, it will be more secure when something happens to a wallet.

▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀ ╙███▄▄
 █▀ ▄██▀└,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ¬╙▀ ▄▄
 ,▄█▀,▄▄█▀▀▀¡╓╓╓  ▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀ ▄█▀.▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█▄µ ▀█▄ ▀█╖
▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀`▄▄██▀▀██▄µ`┘,▄  ▄⌐╙█▄
▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀,▄▄▄▄▄µ└▀█▄ ▀█ ╙█╖╙█▌
▀ ▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀└;┌▀▀█▄ █▌ █▌ ║█ ▐█
╔▄┘ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▄ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█  ▄ ▐█
█▀ ██ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ██ ║█ ║█ ║█ ▐█
  █▌ ▄█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█┘╓█▌ █▌ █▌
 ██ ▄█ ▄█┘,█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀,█▌ ▄█
▐█ ╓█¬╓█H █▌ ██ ▄█▀ ╓ ▀ ▄█▀ █▀
██ ██ ██ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ╓█▀
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ ▄┐ █▌ █▌ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘
█▌ █▌    █▌
   █▌ █▌ ▀┘
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
▀┘ █▌ █▌ █▌
   ▀┘ ▀┘
Privix.

Become part of a decentralized virtual
private network based on masternodes
and start earning money today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
██
▀█
██

golovayv

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:44:30 PM

I do not have a very large sum in crypto-currency, but I do not want to lose money. I use MyEtherWallet and Blockchain.info information. I believe that the safest is a hardware wallet.
Platon ES

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:07:47 PM

I keep my coins in different wallet and on two laptops which are switched-off from network. I enter in wallet very rare. I have already experience to keep all coins in one place and it wasn’t good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: