Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:44:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your coins in multiple wallets  (Read 4801 times)
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:26:37 AM

Well i only have 2 wallets though, 1 wallet for bitcoin and 1 wallet for altcoins on myetherwallet and i never had any problem so far. Just always clean your pc, don't click and download something suspicious on the internet. Also having multiple wallets is good though, for safety.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
King Koy

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:29:37 AM

Right. It is really safe to have a multiple wallet than using only one and putting your tokens in it. I too is doing this because I was once hack and that was really disappointing.
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:30:50 AM

Yeah youre right. You didnt know what to do if you wont experience that thing. But for me i only make 2 wallets. One is for investment and the other one is for holding coin/token.
Fakeer 666

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:42:05 AM

It is very correct to keep coins, tokens in different purses. In our time there are a lot of collars that invest electronic wallets and to avoid this it is necessary to store investment piles in different purses.
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:51:05 AM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?

Yes that is wise idea to secure our wallet is to make another wallet for holding, eventhough we spent a little gas
for sending tokens it is better than our whole holdings vanish because of phishing. One wallet for trading and one wallet for holding.

Btcirene88

Activity: 214
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:03:14 AM

Hi,

But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

Yes that is wise idea to secure our wallet is to make another wallet for holding, eventhough we spent a little gas
for sending tokens it is better than our whole holdings vanish because of phishing. One wallet for trading and one wallet for holding.

Absolutely, correct it should be like that for safe keeping of several coins investment and others source of coins you made. Because now a days many phishing site are being routed by many hackers for them to easily get your coins as easy.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
ifirina

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:38:36 AM

Diversification of risks is always a good advice. So, yes, it is better to store your funds in several places according to their usage and how you divided your investment bag.
In my case, I use Ledger for long-term coins and I keep it offline for 99,9% of time. Also I have several wallets for ETH and NOE where I have enough funds for ongoing ICOs. And small amount of money I keep on some of exchanges for trading. This way I minimise the possible risk.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:19:43 PM

Hi,

In my personal opinion, the best solution for today is the hardware wallet. I do not understand why many market participants crypto neglect this simple solution. One hundred dollars will solve all your problems.

I remember that some time ago there was a poll about how much bitcoin the members of the forum had and I was surprised that the majority of the members had less than 0.1 BTC and if remember well most of those did not had more than 0.01BTC so if you are wondering why people in the forum do not use hardware wallets the most likely option is they simply cannot afford to buy one.
Michail.

Activity: 205
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:22:29 PM

I use the MetaMask application for my wallets, according to reviews this is not a bad application to myetherwallet purse. I want to buy Ledger nano, my friends very much praise him.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
lumon2112

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 08:33:56 PM

this is certainly a bitter experience, I also have this situation and I have taken exactly the same actions, I think this is one of the best options)))

Perka

Activity: 182
Merit: 78

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:43:30 PM

Safety comes first.Better of course have more than 5 wallets if you have large amounts of money in the account.This will give you more opportunities to save your money!
Valay9836

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:35:54 AM

I also divide into several wallets . and I try not to make transactions unverified sources . And for transactions started separately wallet . as the so ))
BrentMack

Activity: 204

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:46:29 AM

If you are sure of the wallets and think that they are safe enough, then it is okay to split your funds so that in the case that any of your accounts get hacked, you will be sure that not all of your funds will get stolen. Be sure to keep your passwords and other info safe, but somewhere where you can easily get access to it.
PatStyle88

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:13:50 PM

Using multiple wallets is a very good idea and minimizes the risk of losing everything at once. Even better, this is just a hardware wallet.
Julianito

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:22:55 PM

For a user who is always part of a bounty, how many wallets would you recommend?
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:25:43 PM

You can do that but it is definitely easier to buy hardware wallet and let it take care of your security. It's a chore to have multiples wallet so i think it is better to be more careful regarding what you click and open on the internet. Always make sure you are on the right site before sending your crypto and you will be fine.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 01:06:30 PM

For a user who is always part of a bounty, how many wallets would you recommend?

I can suggest using mew wallet because, in that wallet, you can save all of the tokens that you earn from the bounty. it is safety wallet as long as you can keep your private keys and not telling other people about this. but if you want to hold your coins, it is better to use the other wallet and I prefer to use offline wallet like jaxx, coinomi, or the other wallet that can save our coins. but you can also use the exchange to save your coins if you want to do fast trade and then you can send it back to your offline wallet.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:11:36 PM

Hi,

I think it's definitely better to just buy hardware wallet to avoid the chore of having a lot of wallets. Or you can be more careful in the future with what you click and open on the internet and your security will increase a lot. Most of the hacking problem is the user fault because they open phising site etc and if they are careful it can be avoided altogether.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
lilysbee

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 03:17:24 PM

its advisable. when i was using myetherwallet i lost it to scammers  through a phishing link . and after that i created multiple imtoken wallets and split tokens and held them differently. i dont use the wallet i use for airdrop for storing my valuable tokens . even when Imtoken seems safer since its an app that dosnt need my private key to login.
Cocoincos

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:22:03 PM

I hold all my keys on flash drive and use only! keystore to enter the wallet, dont go to fishing sites, and dont entered the wallet for a long time, but it was hacked and hacker stole 5 ETH ~ HOW? How it could be?) I think we dont know everything about MyEtherWallet team
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: