Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vibanko.com - FREE New Wallet Service by Bitcoin Consultancy  (Read 1511 times)
Donald_Norman (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 10:51:37 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2011, 11:12:46 AM by Donald_Norman

https://Vibanko.com - FREE New Wallet Service by Bitcoin Consultancy

The Bitcoin Consultancy is proud to present a new wallet service called Vibanko.com

We know that the bitcoin market is lacking real developers and that even the biggest merchant sites often offer very poor service and security. Britcoin.co.uk has been in operation since March and has never been hacked or suffered any major error. We had a couple of problems due to human error, but nothing that was not fixable. Slapping on a McAfee logo and two factor authentication can be akin to putting more locks on the doors when the walls are paper thin.

Our new wallet service has been built and is being operated by us. We have been running as long as britcoin.co.uk and our security and service have been unmatched. The wallet service is also for now and for the foreseeable future completely free. Just like our exchange sites Britcoin.co.uk (GBP), Intersango.com (EUR) and Intersango.us (USD), we take absolutely no commission.

Wallet features include:

* Passwords are properly hashed
* Proper db permissions
* Simple Interface
* Support Via Email: support@britcoin.co.uk
* Who we are: www.bitcoinconsultancy.com

We plan on building an FAQ page and a good start is by answering the questions in this thread.

Contact us privately for any questions you may have which you wish to keep private at support@britcoin.co.uk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
.ME

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 10:56:01 AM

www.vibanko.com

Linking it for all the lazy people.
Are-you-a-wizard?

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 11:13:39 AM

Regular Britcoin user here. They are in my opinion the most trustworthy people in Bitcoin at the moment.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 05:03:24 PM

I have just read all the posts posted on this forum by Donald_Norman, .ME and uniden. Has anybody else?
Donald_Norman (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 08:14:27 PM

Hi Phinnaeus Gage. I have not posted that much but I am managing the logistics and business end of the projects that Genjix and Phantomcircuit and Miserydearia are working on. You will likely see more posts by me in future however the best way to get a hold of me is to email me at Donald@bitcoinconsultancy.com
FreddyFender

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Shamantastic!

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 08:15:10 PM

I have just read all the posts posted on this forum by Donald_Norman, .ME and uniden. Has anybody else?

Ok, PG and we can therefore derive?

PS. how's it going with that spike thing through the head?

sonba

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 08:24:50 PM

Will there be a fast send option if I want to send it to my Intersango account? Smiley
Donald_Norman (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 04:34:16 AM

Hi Sonba,

For the most part we are working on a Version 2 of Intersango now that we have been working on for quite some time now. It will be much more intuitive and have many more features. Of course instant transfers is something we will be adding in the future.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 05:16:35 AM

What are your plans if someone hacks your site and steals part or all of your holdings of coins?

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Jessica

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 05:37:32 AM

Is this better than mybitcoin?
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 05:38:44 AM

Is this better than mybitcoin?
As far as the members running it? Yes.
As far as the service goes? Not sure, haven't tried it.

Donald_Norman (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 05:07:29 PM

What are your plans if someone hacks your site and steals part or all of your holdings of coins?

Just as we do with the exchanges like the UK Intersango (britcoin.co.uk) once we start getting serious volume we will store as much of our funds offline as we can (enough so as not to disturb withdrawals, I assume 95%). Our security measures are to ensure that the site and server are never hacked in the first place. Right now there is enough on the site that even I myself could comfortably cover the losses, however if it grows a lot I would not be able to give that guarantee.

We certainly do not want the reputation of MtGox. My own personal friend who had their USD stolen still has not received his funds back and has been told he will not have them returned. He has been offered a free 'Yubikey' in compensation. Although it is a false flag and a marketing gimmick. It might not have stopped his account from getting hacked in the first place.

If we generate enough volume and monetize the site in the future, hopefully we can offer the ability to cover the potential theft of on site accounts. We may not ever need to monetize Vibanko as it may help to build trust in our exchange sites.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 07:03:11 PM

It's surely living dangerously to include the word "bank" in your service name.
Donald_Norman (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 07:40:44 PM

It's surely living dangerously to include the word "bank" in your service name.

There are very specific things as to what constitutes a bank. We are not a bank in that sense. There are legal precedents about including the name. I can't point to the specific one now but this is something we addressed already.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:52:31 PM

Is there a method for me to change the password with the service?   I haven't used it yet but now wish to and want to set the password to one created by strong password generator.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █