Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NYC Bitcoin Center - Opens on Wall Street - Jan 1st  (Read 6738 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:09:46 AM

Reposting a pretty cool post I saw on another forum, hope this is okay with the author:

-------------------------

Hello All,

A group of bitcoin true believers, led by foundation member Nick Spanos, is opening a Bitcoin Center on 40 Broad Street in Lower Manhattan. The goal is to have a location in which interested people can come to be educated and integrated into the Bitcoin economy.

The location assures it will get plenty of attention and this could be a huge boon for bitcoin in 2014.

We are having a grand opening new years eve party at the location and all are invited.

http://www.bitcoinnewyearseve.com/

Please Come Out, This is Big!

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 10:19:26 AM

This is fantastic.

It was literally two weeks ago that we were discussing doing exactly this in a smaller, more boutique form deployable in certain fashionable New York and San Francisco neighborhoods... Which is probably still a good idea, by the way!

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:41:12 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 11:26:23 AM by Honeypot

So what was the big announcement?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:13:46 AM

Grin and it exchange USD to BTC ...?
because the speak is one thing ... and use the BTC is an other.
emeraldforce

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:55:26 PM

At .03 BTC donation for the party it must have been off the hook. Any idea how many were there?
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:10:40 PM

so its in the Setai, mixed residential and office space, must be located in the lobby

one of the penthouses sold for 8 million in 2008  that's a lot of coin

http://www.condopedia.com/wiki/Setai

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
luqash3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:39:59 PM

Frankly yes it is a very cool information that people like Nick are contributing extensively to promote the bitcoins. I wish he succeed in his mission of popularizing the bitcoins and for sure I will visit the place when I have my visit in New York. Probably in February I have to go to New York so will see it with my naked eyes
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:54:58 PM

This kind of news is so great, it really highlights why Bitcoin is destined to crush all other payment methods.  Nothing else has this level of enthusiasm behind it.

Can you imagine any unpaid volunteers donating time and money to create a PayPal Center, a Visa Center, a Dwolla Center, or even a Federal Reserve Note center?

We have relentless in-your-face persistence and martyrs on our side.  The other teams have nothing but mercenaries and traitors.  There is only one possible outcome.
steelboy

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:19:00 PM

So what was the big announcement?

Agreed, would like to know
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 04:24:07 PM

This kind of news is so great, it really highlights why Bitcoin is destined to crush all other payment methods.  Nothing else has this level of enthusiasm behind it.

Can you imagine any unpaid volunteers donating time and money to create a PayPal Center, a Visa Center, a Dwolla Center, or even a Federal Reserve Note center?

We have relentless in-your-face persistence and martyrs on our side.  The other teams have nothing but mercenaries and traitors.  There is only one possible outcome.

yep, very true.

i wish the best for that project!

and what was the big announcement Smiley ?

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 05:36:50 PM

40 Broad St is a building of condos, not a business address. There's an art gallery/event space there, so that's probably where they held the party.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:47:49 PM

Any details on the 'big announcement'?
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:48:58 PM

I did see that some bigwig hedge fund guy is opening a BTC fund.  It is becoming mainstream but I think it's just taking a while. 

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:54:25 PM

Reposting a pretty cool post I saw on another forum, hope this is okay with the author:

Hello All,

A group of bitcoin true believers, led by foundation member Nick Spanos, is opening a Bitcoin Center on 40 Broad Street in Lower Manhattan. The goal is to have a location in which interested people can come to be educated and integrated into the Bitcoin economy.

The location assures it will get plenty of attention and this could be a huge boon for bitcoin in 2014.

We are having a grand opening new years eve party at the location and all are invited.

This is pretty cool I wish them success with their center.

I wonder though what is their business model, how will they make enough money to cover the insane wallstreet rents and then some  Huh

n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:36:09 PM

It looks like the big announcement wasn't the Fortress thing but the keynote congressman speaker who is running for senator in Texas accepting BTC for donations, and promising to introduce a bill to keep Bitcoin regulation-free in the USA.

Congressman Steve Stockman announces that he is putting forth a bill this January to protect #Bitcoin
phil_galinsky

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:41:54 AM

A 3:30 video of Rep. Stockman and Nick Spanos of Bitcoin Center NYC talking about their opinions on Bitcoin has been been published on Youtube in connection with the upcoming documentary Invisible Money:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZlB6gS7qHU

Invisible Money Documentary blog:
http://invisiblemoneydocumentary.wordpress.com/

Full Disclosure: I'm producing this documentary along with director Chris Cannucciari.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 12:05:27 PM

It looks like the big announcement wasn't the Fortress thing but the keynote congressman speaker who is running for senator in Texas accepting BTC for donations, and promising to introduce a bill to keep Bitcoin regulation-free in the USA.

Congressman Steve Stockman announces that he is putting forth a bill this January to protect #Bitcoin

okay, "nice"   Wink

but the fortness news was better (and bigger)  Grin

thanks for the video.

bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 06:48:28 PM

Hello All,

ok why is Nick Spanos qualified for this?

doing something like this could mean two things:

1) people are getting together and organizing

2) someone is trying to buy out the community

which one is it?

no reason to naively cheer on obvious press releases.

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:08:41 PM

I just found this thread, and I was excited about this when I read about it, but now to find out that it is using the "foundation" name to either sound legit or to be a local chapter disappoints me. As a New Yorker who lives near this area and would have loved to spend a couple days a week in their learning, teaching and just working on new bitcoin stuff. I would have also donated my skills, time and money. The foundation is a horrible organization that just wants to hire scammers to lead it's anti-openness of information, so to be allow myself to be affiliated with such corruption, I just can't. This is a real shame, and I am probably more upset about this. I really hope this place would consider not using the foundation name to promote, or even work alongside it.

Before you write this off, as a troll or something of that sort, remember I been here for over a year, been in bitcoins over 2yrs, I know what I am talking about, and I would have loved to help in anyway.
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:11:30 PM

Get news, I just hope they can do this in every countries. Then a lot more people will use bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: