Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:35:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 ASICminer Blade setup with backplane is rebooting every hour.  (Read 6049 times)
gbsray

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:24:17 PM

The setup that's been most stable for me is setting it to use 2 different servers. Because I want it to stay on 1 pool, I set it to use a stratum proxy for 1 of the servers, and connect directly to the getwork server on the same pool for the other server. It switches itself back and forth every so often, but doesn't stop hashing and restart.

That's the trick! Server with 2 NICs on 2 different IP's but same port. Switches between the two but dosent reset!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
schnellminer

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:56:22 PM

The setup that's been most stable for me is setting it to use 2 different servers. Because I want it to stay on 1 pool, I set it to use a stratum proxy for 1 of the servers, and connect directly to the getwork server on the same pool for the other server. It switches itself back and forth every so often, but doesn't stop hashing and restart.

That's the trick! Server with 2 NICs on 2 different IP's but same port. Switches between the two but dosent reset!

My blades have been rebooting every hour to the second since I got them.  This suggestion is what worked for me with a few changes.  Evidently the blades do not like having the same server IP address listed for primary and secondary.  What I did was bind a second IP address to the same NIC on my Linux box running the stratum proxy.  Changed the secondary address on the blade to the new secondary IP bound on the stratum proxy and problem gone.

Thanks to bluedragon and gbsray for pointing me in the right direction.
bluedragon

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:39:34 PM

My blades have been rebooting every hour to the second since I got them.  This suggestion is what worked for me with a few changes.  Evidently the blades do not like having the same server IP address listed for primary and secondary.  What I did was bind a second IP address to the same NIC on my Linux box running the stratum proxy.  Changed the secondary address on the blade to the new secondary IP bound on the stratum proxy and problem gone.

Thanks to bluedragon and gbsray for pointing me in the right direction.

I changed my config back to 2 pools and it's been stable, not restarting and not switching servers hourly. I have no idea why it's staying on 1 pool now, and wasn't before. The difference in my config this time is that I started a second stratum proxy listening on a different port (same IP address) for my backup pool, instead of using 1 stratum proxy and 1 getwork server. I just don't get it.

Edit: fixed (I hope) a missing closing quote tag that was messing things up.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: