Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:05:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All bets off, are we of to the races again? New rally, new top?  (Read 1513 times)
tazman2150 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:03:31 PM

It's looking like we may be having a break out, if we don't see much resistance at 1000 yous think we could see a new top? Would be a nice start to 2014 IMHO .
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:13:50 PM

I just wonder who or what is behind the steady upward pressure these past few days? Is this an extended pump and dump scheme? Most people at this of the year don't have fiat to spend on bitcoins; many old-timers have bitcoins but are looking to buy in at a low price point. At current price, bitcoin is expensive and getting more expensive.

On early morning of Jnauary 1st, 2014, someone sold off a big bunch of coins, thus driving down the price--I don't remember the exact numers. Since then we've been going up mostly.

The trading volume is low enough that it's entirely possible someone is playing a gmae of pump and dump, an extended version maybe.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:29:24 PM

This is all China as usual, they are still leading this market. http://bitcoinity.org/markets/huobi/CNY
I'm not touching it until next month, if I lose some money so be it.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:33:41 PM

I suspect people waiting for the dip are getting impatient or becoming fearful there may not be one. Emotion drives the marketplace, fear and greed are strong ones!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:44:37 PM

ITT: newb-traders Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:58:47 PM

You guys need to compare volumes of the exchanges.  This is not fearful watchers or newbies like you want to think.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:55:19 PM

Why do you think the major exchanges had to post messages apologising to their clients over December? Why do you think there have been so many complaints about missing transfers, delays, etc.?

People are piling into the exchanges. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is a tenfold increase in accounts.

And then there are the increased deposits from those already in.

But do you think that they click their fingers and have ten times more staff?

By far the most likely scenario is that after the holidays the exchanges are still processing the backlogs + more newcomers.

Just watch the weeks to come.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:12:34 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 04:25:56 PM by MatTheCat

I just wonder who or what is behind the steady upward pressure these past few days? Is this an extended pump and dump scheme? Most people at this of the year don't have fiat to spend on bitcoins; many old-timers have bitcoins but are looking to buy in at a low price point. At current price, bitcoin is expensive and getting more expensive.

On early morning of Jnauary 1st, 2014, someone sold off a big bunch of coins, thus driving down the price--I don't remember the exact numers. Since then we've been going up mostly.

The trading volume is low enough that it's entirely possible someone is playing a gmae of pump and dump, an extended version maybe.

I am a generally a bear at this moment in time simply because everytime I am taking tentative steps into the market, I am getting spooked out Bitcoin dreams. I have blabbered on about this at length in another thread, but basically, I clearly have a deep rooted subconscious fear of this market at this point in time.

Having said all that, as the charts have started to look both more positive and stable, I have been trading the last couple of significant peaks and troughs and have turned a several hundred quid profit doing so....sold at $807 (Bitstamp), as it looks like the move is running out of steam for now.

All seems well, but with Bitcoin, be ready to expect anything. I will certainly not be going to bed tonight (weekend) with a big pile of coin in my wallet, but will be on look out for buying opportunities for trading purposes, certainly not for holding.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:18:17 PM

You guys crack me up.

Why are you continuing to analyze the minutia?

Bitcoin adoption is growing worldwide.  This is the process.  The little playground of buying and selling markets has nothing to do with what Bitcoin is.

As you guys sit here and toil over the latest rises and falls, you could just sit back and repeat one sentence to yourself instead:  "Bitcoin adoption is increasing".

This is what is going to continue to push the value higher over long periods of time.

We all know this already.  Whats the point of killing yourself over daily and weekly changes?  You guys are the reason there is volatility.  Not bitcoin.

You're impatient.

You're dying for that $20 gain. 

You risk it all and 80% of you end up losing money in the end because you don't just buy and hold.

I guess it takes all personality types. 

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 06:32:27 PM

As you guys sit here and toil over the latest rises and falls, you could just sit back and repeat one sentence to yourself instead:  "Bitcoin adoption is increasing".

Yeah. Lousy 50% during 2013. Price is way ahead of adoption.
Hopefully we see at least 100-200% increase in bitcoin adoption in 2014.
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:37:01 PM

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:40:26 PM

Hopefully we see at least 100-200% increase in bitcoin adoption in 2014.

More like 1000s of percent mate!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
black_swan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:58:14 PM

I guess buyer were waiting for a better opportunity to buy around Christmas but it didn't happen.
US was supposed to sell a shitloads of coins for tax purposes, I guess this also didn't happen.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:31:35 PM

ITT: newb-traders Tongue

I'll have you know I am not a trader sir! Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: