Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:44:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC price short-term?  (Read 2352 times)
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:03:59 AM

Anyone who thinks they can make a really good guess at the short term price of bitcoin is probably kidding themselves. its way to volatile to make a prediction like that.

baring any new negative news from other countries governments clamping down on bitcoin like china, india, and tawain have done in recent weeks. I personally would expect bitcoin prices to either stay stable or rise a bit in the coming 30 days.  But keep in mind thats just a personal a opionon and it truly is hard to predict such short term changes in the price of bitcoin.

This.  Bitcoin survives in a soup of hype and FUD right now.  No one knows its true value.  It has no fundamentals.  It has no breakup value.  It is an enigma.  It is a commodity.  It isn't a commodity.  It is a currency.  It isn't a currency.  You can forget trying to price it.  Mass psychology will govern its price.  I don't even think it is reasonable to compare it with other payment services.  It both far surpasses their capabilities yet can be duplicated with little effort.  In short, unless you are a whale or have advance knowledge of hype/FUD coming down the pipe, don't bother with hard predictions.  If you believe in the technology, buy.  If you don't, better not hop on board.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:45:42 AM

Anyone who thinks they can make a really good guess at the short term price of bitcoin is probably kidding themselves. its way to volatile to make a prediction like that.

baring any new negative news from other countries governments clamping down on bitcoin like china, india, and tawain have done in recent weeks. I personally would expect bitcoin prices to either stay stable or rise a bit in the coming 30 days.  But keep in mind thats just a personal a opionon and it truly is hard to predict such short term changes in the price of bitcoin.

This.  Bitcoin survives in a soup of hype and FUD right now.  No one knows its true value.  It has no fundamentals.  It has no breakup value.  It is an enigma.  It is a commodity.  It isn't a commodity.  It is a currency.  It isn't a currency.  You can forget trying to price it.  Mass psychology will govern its price.  I don't even think it is reasonable to compare it with other payment services.  It both far surpasses their capabilities yet can be duplicated with little effort.  In short, unless you are a whale or have advance knowledge of hype/FUD coming down the pipe, don't bother with hard predictions.  If you believe in the technology, buy.  If you don't, better not hop on board.

We get it. Its unique, driven by mass psychology alone. But mass psychology is driven by sentiment, and sentiment is driven by news. I see a lot of good news in the next 6-12 months, so predict a big rise. Could be wrong, easily. But wasn't wrong the last 12 months.
Salivan

Activity: 195
Merit: 102

DiMS dev team

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:15:25 PM

I want  to be very bullish, but no we will stay below 1000$ through entire month
hope to be wrong on this
laris2

Activity: 688
Merit: 506

CryptoCurrency Evangelist

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 03:45:48 PM

I'd say it will fluctuate at those levels. 650-900$ still a way to go before another big jump

TEST
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:05:44 AM

Knocking on the $900 door hard now. Once it breaks through, gonna go to $1000 to $1100 quite quickly
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:19:18 AM

you'd be surprised. there are methods which can do just that, depending on the price environment.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:00:35 AM

you'd be surprised. there are methods which can do just that, depending on the price environment.

Definitely methods out there. Not free though Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: