Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:34:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinduit vs Bitcat.ch - Who's best?  (Read 1171 times)
geek-trader (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:57:21 AM

Bitcat.ch was the first big automated ponzi site.  I've won (and lost) a lot of BTC on Bitcat.ch, and xyu is an honest game operator.

Bitcoinduit was the first site to let anyone make their own ponzi round, and they really shook up the ponzi game scene.  They pretty much put the "spreadsheet" ponzi guys out of business, even if Bitcat.ch was already nudging them out the door.  I've won (and lost) plenty of BTC on Bitcoinduit as well, and Jonathan is an honest game operator, too.

So, who is better today?  I have to say Bitcoinduit.  Why?  Let me enumerate the ways:

* Bitcinduit charges no fees after the 0.1 BTC taken from the round creators opening bet.  Bitcat.ch charges 0.03 from each bet.  A fee from the round creator seems more fair than a fee from every entry.

* Bitcoinduit shows the current pot on the game page.  I have to whip out the calculator to figure the current pot on Bitcat.ch.

* Bitcoinduit's main page allows you to sort by several different criteria, including jackpot size and expire time.

Bitcat.ch's "make your own game" feature is pretty new.  I expect they will catch up with / match / exceed Bitcoinduit's feature set soon.

The good news for us ponzi players is that competition is good.  These two sites will compete for *our* business.  I'm excited to see the featires they will be rolling out in the future.

Make 1 deposit and earn BTC for life! http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/345
Play my FREE HTML5 games at: http://magigames.org  BTC donations accepted.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 07:09:48 AM

Bitcat.ch was the first big automated ponzi site.  I've won (and lost) a lot of BTC on Bitcat.ch, and xyu is an honest game operator.

Bitcoinduit was the first site to let anyone make their own ponzi round, and they really shook up the ponzi game scene.  They pretty much put the "spreadsheet" ponzi guys out of business, even if Bitcat.ch was already nudging them out the door.  I've won (and lost) plenty of BTC on Bitcoinduit as well, and Jonathan is an honest game operator, too.

So, who is better today?  I have to say Bitcoinduit.  Why?  Let me enumerate the ways:

* Bitcinduit charges no fees after the 0.1 BTC taken from the round creators opening bet.  Bitcat.ch charges 0.03 from each bet.  A fee from the round creator seems more fair than a fee from every entry.

* Bitcoinduit shows the current pot on the game page.  I have to whip out the calculator to figure the current pot on Bitcat.ch.

* Bitcoinduit's main page allows you to sort by several different criteria, including jackpot size and expire time.

Bitcat.ch's "make your own game" feature is pretty new.  I expect they will catch up with / match / exceed Bitcoinduit's feature set soon.

The good news for us ponzi players is that competition is good.  These two sites will compete for *our* business.  I'm excited to see the featires they will be rolling out in the future.

Bitcoinduit's fees were actually 10% of the Host Deposit, but that number is now 5%. The other difference is that 50% of the expired pot goes to the Hosts, with the collected house fees and house piece of expired pots going to Wikileaks. Next week maybe it'll be a feed the children campaign. As long as the Charity has a bitcoin receiving address, I'll consider donating all site profits to them.

Other than that, I have used site profits to start longer term advertising campaigns, and the site experiences about 80% return traffic per day, with ~ 20% of all unique visitors being unique. Overall, this has meant a 5-10% per day growth in site traffic, which means more games and bets for the hosts and players. Just 1 1/2 weeks ago, daily unique visitors was around 25, and as of August 24, we are averaging 100 unique guests per day, with a bounce rate of 50%, and an average of 12 minutes per visitor. As Bitcoinduit gets noticed, and as I continue on my quest to help out good causes through this ridiculous little game, site traffic will inevitably increase, and additional game features are likely to be added.

This brings me to the next point. Who wants to continue development of the game features, and is someone that I can trust?

Are there any PHP/MySQL/Bitcoin RPC guys or gals out there who want to contribute towards implementing requested game features? We're too busy to do too much more than play the game we created at the moment.

Regards,
Jonathan

CJYP

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:48:33 PM

Key differences:
- Bitcoinduit gives you half the pot when the round ends, while BitCatch does not give you any.
- With Bitcoinduit, you get the host fees as bets come in, while at BitCatch you get them at the end.
- Bitcoinduit has an autorefresh script, allowing you to open the tab for a few seconds and see the stats of every game, without waiting for a refresh (might just be laziness on my part, but it is nice).
- Bitcoinduit tells you everything in the rules, while BitCatch doesn't tell you that you don't get any of the remaining pot at the end of a game.

EDIT:
- Bitcoinduit has great customer service through the forums here.
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:44:14 AM

With bitcoinduit being sold, I'd say that bitcat.ch is going to be the better site at least until the new owners fully take over and we see how they run things.
ThyDude

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 08:25:08 PM

Bitcat.Ch is a fucking scam.

I sent multiple PM's to the owner, asking him if on rounds with a jackpot, does the winner receieve the jackpot AND the pot or just the jackpot?

He specifically told me, TWICE, that I would receieve jackpot AND pot.

What do I get in return, I got like 2 .5 or so jackpots.

Oooh, thanks alot Bitcat.ch. You're a real fucking honest guy! You just wanted my rounjds to end so you could take the 2+BTC pots that were left over in some of the games.

I lost 20+BTC from your lies, and I will never touch or recommend your site to anyone again.

I truly hope you feel bad over this, and refund me my cash.

Assholes can't maintain successful websites. Greedy ones are even worse.
ThyDude

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 08:30:42 PM

http://imageshack.us/f/694/assb.jpg/

This was the discussion, so I let all my games run out that I would either make a small loss or a profit on, and I ended up losing around 13-14BTC from this asshole....

Completely unprofessional. I hope Bitcoinduit keeps up and bitcat.ch is taken down by some powerful forces.

Unless he makes this up to me, I doubt he will show his face again. It's been 3 days of me PMing him to figure this out, and he has since stopped responding, and even BLOCKED my jackpot paying on a couple pots after I started sending him messages stating he better fix the issue.
CJYP

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 08:31:36 PM

Bitcat.Ch is a fucking scam.

I sent multiple PM's to the owner, asking him if on rounds with a jackpot, does the winner receieve the jackpot AND the pot or just the jackpot?

He specifically told me, TWICE, that I would receieve jackpot AND pot.

What do I get in return, I got like 2 .5 or so jackpots.

Oooh, thanks alot Bitcat.ch. You're a real fucking honest guy! You just wanted my rounjds to end so you could take the 2+BTC pots that were left over in some of the games.

I lost 20+BTC from your lies, and I will never touch or recommend your site to anyone again.

I truly hope you feel bad over this, and refund me my cash.

Assholes can't maintain successful websites. Greedy ones are even worse.

I agree with you that Bitcoinduit is better, but why do you have this in your signature:
http://bitcat.ch/ - Like Bitcoinduit but prettier
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: