Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:49:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you guys help me to award merits please.  (Read 504 times)
edundayo

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:16:19 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

There are three obvious things you can do. One is to stop starting useless spam mega-threads like the one that has just started with the title ' Crypto is here to stay ' What a stupid thread for an apparently new member to start. We all know the answer, and there is no sensible reply that anyone with any exposure to crypto-currencies can make in this forum. I put the OP straight onto ignore, and that means I won't see any posts in that thread, but it will take up space in the index.

As a newbie myself, I honestly don't envy the troubles you Sr. Members have to go through in awarding well deserved merits.
I'm beginning to feel like many newbies know how to search to get answers to the questions they start threads on, however they just go ahead and open thread all the same to increase their activities. For example; you can almost guess right that there's going to be a new thread every few days in this board asking about how to get merits, in-spite of the enormous guides already available. Personally, I have responded to a few that I begin to think it might be no use as the effort could be deploy to other use.

If I already feel like this as a newbie myself, I can somewhat relate with how difficult it must be to award merits, something that many newbie don't realise but keep complaining that the merit system is a barrier.

Btw, I've been thinking; considering the amount of new threads started in this board every few days on how to get merits, there should at least be a sticky post with guides on how to earn merits, it could just aggregate some useful guides already contributed by forum members, personally I find TMAN's guides helpful.

A quitter never wins and winners never quit!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 05:24:54 PM

Actually you can't really write a guide on how to get merits, as there is considerable disparity between awarders of merit. For example, some give merit to posters who create infographics, and I put them on ignore if they embed them in threads, rather than linking to them.

It would be far easier to write a guide on how to avoid becoming blocked from the merit system.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
edundayo

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:50:50 PM

Actually you can't really write a guide on how to get merits, as there is considerable disparity between awarders of merit. For example, some give merit to posters who create infographics, and I put them on ignore if they embed them in threads, rather than linking to them.

It would be far easier to write a guide on how to avoid becoming blocked from the merit system.

Hmm I see, which probably answers the reason why there's no sticky post in that line.

I get the point,  now.

A quitter never wins and winners never quit!
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:56:41 PM

Just wondering , are you the newly added Merit source.
(I just checked today, count increased from 79 to 80 now.)
Any ways , Best of luck for your continuing effort to keep the forum clean.

Are you kidding? Jet started his post by saying "I'm not paid to award merits"...that's a strong implication that he's not a merit source.

I did not get this, Do you mean that Merit Sources are paid?  I don't think they are  getting any compensation.

I am alive
acmakc12

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:16:38 AM

I agree with everything, but it's very unpleasant for me to realize that I'm probably one of those people who do useless posts, even though I try to devote time to reading various news items, informational forums of the forum, and try to be equal to those people who Do high quality posts, or become better.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:51:58 PM

Well I like joining signature campaigns and I am not ashamed about it. Though I know mods and other forum members think that signature campaigns are to be blamed for spam and shitposts, I find it very helpful to somehow try to improve my posts lately.

I am obliged to finish a quota in a week but with 30 minutes gap to post with less than 25 pages and probably with 100 characters.
 It makes me active everyday and it triggers me to read more threads that will not end up being trashed.

My point is, a person should at least set goals. Because if a person will just post anywhere without guidelines and an objective, they will not improve.
It is good to be encouraged but for me being obliged to post fuels me more to be active and it satisfy me even if I do not get merits very often.
Though I may think that its okay not to have merits because I get paid weekly, I still see to it that somehow my post should at least be meritable. I hate spam and shitposts too.

Some people may have stopped already.
Though I do not get much merits, I find my time here worth it and always try to have a point.

I do appreciate people awarding some of my post merits while I am in a campaign.
I do see to it that I also review posts and give merits eventhough I am not that fluent in English.

I do accept advices to improve more and surely I could also help others to be encouraged.
I just shared one thing that fuels me to improve.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:37:24 PM

Those members in bitcointalk that contributed a lot in this forum should be the role model for newbies and lower ranks like me for example. If a forum member wants to contribute in this forum by giving a task to other forum member with rules will be rewarded with merit should be the first one to obey the rules not just posting the task, rules and not following the rules himself/herself isn't a good example for newbies. Just sharing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
Arching_wild

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:16:09 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2), theyoungmillionaire (1)

Jet Cash, I understand your point of view. However, I want to say that there are members like me that want to build the local community first (in my case I am an Italian contributor) but cannot gain too much merit due to lack of merit source in our subforum. I am part of a small community that is growing every day.  My mission is to spread crypto words all over Italy Tongue
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 08:00:36 AM

Jet Cash, I understand your point of view. However, I want to say that there are members like me that want to build the local community first (in my case I am an Italian contributor) but cannot gain too much merit due to lack of merit source in our subforum. I am part of a small community that is growing every day.  My mission is to spread crypto words all over Italy Tongue

Thank you for adding your perspective to this thread, and I gave you a couple of merits for it. I think there are three elements in your post.

- You want to build the Italian community here on Bitcoin. I think this is great, especially as Italy has some major banking problems at the moment. With ambitions like this, you have to divorce yourself from thoughts of merit. Being a respected part of an expanding Bitcoin Talk community should enable you to achieve far greater gains in the world of commerce, than you will get from flying a signature that may even be damaging your reputation. I could suggest that I add an Italian section to Fit to Talk, but at the moment we are still experimenting with the Spanish section, so I don't plan to add any other languages in the near future.

- The lack of merit in the Italian board and community is not something with which I can help you. I know Theymos is keen to appoint merit sources for the local boards, so it would be best if you could persuade somebody in your community to apply to become a merit source.

- You don't seem to have any problems with posting in English. If you feel that the receipt of merits would encourage you in this forum, then I can only suggest that you become more active on the English boards. Serious discussion is one that could benefit from an Italian perspective for example.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
RubaiRahman

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:38:10 PM

Jet Cash, I understand your point of view. However, I want to say that there are members like me that want to build the local community first (in my case I am an Italian contributor) but cannot gain too much merit due to lack of merit source in our subforum. I am part of a small community that is growing every day.  My mission is to spread crypto words all over Italy Tongue
You are absolutely right brother like you, me and other member whom dosen't have any local community  have face same problem due to lack of merit source.So jet cash what should we do now???
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:52:46 PM

I also agreed with you. There are so many members don't have local boards in order to build awareness about crypto currency and some members having vast knowledge about crypto field but not the english. Especially people who feared the language barrier though they eager to join the cryto world. so Jet cash, do you think lack of local boards, lack of merit sources in subforums , having number of merit sources in some perticular local boards will not directly attributes to the disparity in distribution of merits? In that scenario I think numbers will matter and quantitative will win against qualitative. What do you think?
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 07:15:38 PM

Absolutely it is very difficult to find who deserve merit. Since I joined this forum I am still working to keep spam free forum. I have seen you are working hard to improve forum post quality. You are always motivate to member's for HQ post. You can pay attention to reputation section to spend some merit. There is many member's working hard to keep clean this forum. Specially catch bounty cheater, shitposter, rule breaker and merit abuser. If you help them to improve their rank, I think they will be more motivate to help forum to keep spam free.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3196

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:39:59 PM

Absolutely it is very difficult to find who deserve merit.

I agree. In a thread with over 300 "me too" relies, I offered 1 merit to anyone for simply disagreeing with the OP. I was hoping to get people to start thinking about what they were reading. So far, 100 more worthless replies and only 1 merit.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Medipedia
Copper Member

Activity: 308

A Cryptocurrency Encyclopedia

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:48:17 AM

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. What is merit btw and how I can get or give someone merit on this forum. Thanks before and GBU
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:11:40 AM

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. What is merit btw and how I can get or give someone merit on this forum. Thanks before and GBU
You can't give merits for someone unless you have earned your own sMerits (Spendable Merits) Actually you need at least 2 Merits in order to send 1 sMerit to someone who deserved it. (Don't ask me now "how can i earned merits?" for that case use "search" function Smiley)
Read this post and you will know everything about Merit system >>> FAQ:Everything you need to know about forum 'activity, account ranks and merit
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:12:35 AM

I added a description of the merit system here to my blog of a merit source. You can read it here -

https://talkmerit.com/the-source/index.php/articles/the-bitcoin-talk-merit-system

Medipedia
Copper Member

Activity: 308

A Cryptocurrency Encyclopedia

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:58:45 AM

I added a description of the merit system here to my blog of a merit source. You can read it here -

https://talkmerit.com/the-source/index.php/articles/the-bitcoin-talk-merit-system

Thanks mate for your response
CryptoDamon

Activity: 99
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:13:30 AM

I hope that you focus more on the lower ranks that are really doing their very best and giving their full effort of helping this forum the least knowledge that they can. I've read a lot of posts from newbies that really deserves some merits but it's not merited and I have also witnessed some one liner posts from high ranks that really don't need to get merits but its been merited anyways. I don' want to get merits, this is not the reason why I'm in this forum. I hate becoming a home buddy working my ass with the tasks that the forum can offer me. I know that there are lots of opportunities in here that can make me money but I'm doing fine with my current job and I am paid decently. What I'm trying to imply is give the merits to people who really not after for the merits itself. Give it to those people who are genuinely here in this forum to help out and make it a better place for newbies to learn and widen their knowledge about bitcoin and other cyptocurrencies.
I salute you for this movement even if you are not paid to do this. Hope that your merits won't be wasted to people who are only here to make a living and not really here for helping out newbies like me  when it comes to bitcoin information and new innovations.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 08:49:13 AM

I started off by trying to help new members, but I've found that most of them just want free handouts, and aren't prepared to make any effort to improve themselves, or to help the forum. Now I completely disregard rank when I consider the meritability of a post. Maybe this is unfair to the new members who are potential assets to the community, but you need to blame my change in attitude on the mass of economic migrants who are flooding the forum.

koicrypto225

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

What I'm trying to imply is give the merits to people who really not after for the merits itself. Give it to those people who are genuinely here in this forum to help out and make it a better place for newbies to learn and widen their knowledge about bitcoin and other cyptocurrencies.

Yes. Getting merit don't have to be a primary motivation in engaging this kind of forum. It is undebatable that those who have high merits are of high reputation but a quality contribution on this forum sometimes come from newbies and other low ranks. They have potential to grow more in this forum because their motivation isn't limited on merit alone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: