Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:54:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VPS hosting & Webhosting evalutation thread‏. Evaluate your host here!  (Read 12189 times)
johnnyfla123 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 08:27:32 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 07:40:24 PM by johnnyfla123

There is a lot of hosting providers that use bitcointalk to advertise their services. This thread will provide everyone on what providers are good, what they offer that makes them better than the rest, and to gain reputation as the best hosting provider on this forum. Here is this threads rules as follows:
  • service must be recommended by another bitcointalk member. Must be in public view on this thread. I will ignore any pm's regarding adding your services
  • Their is 3 Sections Good Reputation, Bad reputation, the old stuff is located here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39251.msg2917708#msg2917708 and will be cleaned and removed as i go through it. Any service not mentioned in this thread will be removed from that list
  • The more recommendations the higher it is on the list or has a +1,+2,+3 and so on.
  • accepting bitcoin is a must.
  • Users must be Members and above. Jr.members sorry.
  • People recommending must provide a link to the website and reasoning to why they gave the review and what they feel was good about that service (or bad)
  • I only act as a information collecter. Posting what bitcointalk reccomends or doesnt reccomend.
  • All old posts before this change will count in the new change.
  • Can offer members a free trial for review of services if wanted.

Good - providers in this list have had good reports about them in this thread

[/list]

codingagency.com anonymous and offshore vps and webhosting!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frozen

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:45:28 PM

My opinion is a bit biased of course, so I will only add that FrozenOnline.com offers a full 5 day refund. So you could try us out for a few days. If it doesn't work out, you get your coins back. We would of course appreciate you sharing with us what problems you had so we can improve our services.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:13:24 PM

My opinion is a bit biased of course, so I will only add that FrozenOnline.com offers a full 5 day refund. So you could try us out for a few days. If it doesn't work out, you get your coins back. We would of course appreciate you sharing with us what problems you had so we can improve our services.

Your offer looks pretty cool, some questions:

• Can I cancel service at any time (monthly)?
  • Can I upgrade at any time (increase storage / cpu) without having to re-setup?
  • Is first publicly accessible IPv4 address included?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
frozen

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:24:20 PM

Yes, service is provided month to month

• Can I upgrade at any time (increase storage / cpu) without having to re-setup?

Yes, with a few notes: 1) The upgrade can only be performed with the system offline, 2) It may require moving the system to another node, 3) while you can add additional storage space, the geometry of the initial disk cannot change without doing another setup. In other words, if the upgrade includes additional disk space and you wish to claim it, we can add it as a second disk to your system.

No. Many of our customers don't utilize or require a static address. If you want an external/static IP address, it is an additional cost.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 09:51:42 AM

Yes, with a few notes: 1) The upgrade can only be performed with the system offline, 2) It may require moving the system to another node, 3) while you can add additional storage space, the geometry of the initial disk cannot change without doing another setup. In other words, if the upgrade includes additional disk space and you wish to claim it, we can add it as a second disk to your system.

No. Many of our customers don't utilize or require a static address. If you want an external/static IP address, it is an additional cost.

Thanks a lot for you answers. Maybe you could make this more clear on the webpage. Such information not being easily accessible can really stop people from making a purchase in my mind.

Especiall the "month to month" provision of service really makes it a lot easier to buy because it reduces risk and tends to increase service quality, thanks for that, I might buy from you but will do more looking at the others first.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
frozen

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 09:34:38 PM

Thanks a lot for you answers. Maybe you could make this more clear on the webpage. Such information not being easily accessible can really stop people from making a purchase in my mind.

Especiall the "month to month" provision of service really makes it a lot easier to buy because it reduces risk and tends to increase service quality, thanks for that, I might buy from you but will do more looking at the others first.

Thanks for the comments.

Directly below the prices is the following text: "BTC prices are subject to market fluctuations. Listed prices are for month to month service."

The static IP question is addressed on the FAQ. The upgrade question is not addressed, it isn't something that I have been asked with any frequency except for after a customer has already signed up and they want to upgrade.

captainteemo

Activity: 143
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:20:54 AM

Europhase and Exoware are the only ones I can recommend, being totally honest.
ffuentes

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2011, 03:27:31 AM

http://www.bitcoinvps.net/ have good prices, but the order form is not working. http://leetnet.net/ have similar prices and looks good but... they should care more about the look of their site. Does exist a bitcoin e-commerce CMS?

By the other site they have no history knowed before bitcoin. Being cheap doesn't imply to be "ugly" facing (future) customers IMHO.

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 09:28:10 AM

Europhase and Exoware are the only ones I can recommend, being totally honest.

It would be interesting to know which ones you tested and can therefore not recommend. Surely you didn't test the whole list.

bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 01:34:23 PM

I would like the see my VPS service:

https://bitronictech.net/vps-hosting.php

listed in this thread if possible. I'd even be willing to offer a risk free trial for a review.
jfreak53

Activity: 298
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 02:28:31 PM

Xen:
https://clients.microtronix-tech.com/cart.php?gid=17

OpenVZ:
https://clients.microtronix-tech.com/cart.php?gid=5

Can I cancel service at any time (monthly)?
Service is month to month, so yes.

Can I upgrade at any time (increase storage / cpu) without having to re-setup?
Yes, and disk space can also be upgraded without problem's. Just requires shutting down your VPS unit. We can take away and add to your VPS disk space at any time. So upgrades are fully available, without extra partitions Wink

Is first publicly accessible IPv4 address included?
1 IPv4 included for free, additional IPv4 are $2 a month Wink

Any other questions? We offer a 30 day money back guarantee Wink There has to be a "real" reason, as we have had some use it abusively for 30 days then come back in and say nope, it just doesn't do what I want, and won't explain what it is ha ha. But we do offer it.

█ █ microtronixdc.com - Performance VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Full-Rack options!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!
YOKU

Activity: 131

Not All Clouds Are The Same

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 03:00:01 PM

Add www.yokuhosting.com to that list.   Grin  Check it out.

YOKU Cloud Hosting (www.yokuhosting.com)
Redundant Server Hosting In Our NYC Data Center
VPS Servers starting at only $20 - BTC,PayPal,CC Payments
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 04:19:45 PM

Be very cautious when buying OpenVZ/VMware VPS, overselling is very common!
YOKU

Activity: 131

Not All Clouds Are The Same

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 05:36:18 PM

Be very cautious when buying OpenVZ/VMware VPS, overselling is very common!

We are running on Hyper-V, works great if you plan on hosting Windows desktops along with Linux.  We had some issues with Windows vm's when testing the free hypervisors listed.

YOKU Cloud Hosting (www.yokuhosting.com)
Redundant Server Hosting In Our NYC Data Center
VPS Servers starting at only $20 - BTC,PayPal,CC Payments
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:01:13 PM

thanks guys for all your replies, I really appreciate it (albeit a bit late for my case Wink

I included your links in OP, tell me if you want changes...

I'm sorry I have neglected this thread and also to say that I'll probably continue to be doing so due to lack of time.

I think it would probably be best to setup a comparison table in the wiki. Suggesting to include at least the following info:

• url/name/description
  • possible to use anonymously (yes/no)
  • cpu upgradable without reinstall (yes/no)
  • storage upgradable without reinstall (yes/no)
  • ipv4 address included (yes/no)
  • billing/cancellation cycle (monthly/weekly/...)
  • price of small (define) VPS per month
  • price of largish (define) VPS per month
  • ... ?

Maybe someone can do it and link here?

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 02:47:54 PM

CINFU just suspended my 9 servers!!!!!! just because I was downloading torrents on one of them!  Angry

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 02:51:47 PM

CINFU just suspended my 9 servers!!!!!! just because I was downloading torrents on one of them!  Angry

with no warning?

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 03:08:17 PM

with no warning?

I have been using cinfu for over a year. they are great. (I never downloaded torrents there)

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 02:00:54 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2012, 02:17:33 PM by kakobrekla

http://www.bitvps.com/ not mentioned?

also https://www.kalyhost.com/, ran by magicaltux (mtgox).

And stay away from https://momentovps.com/.

But I don't use any of them anymore at least ... I recommend a non btc operation, http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produktmatrix/rootserver-produktmatrix-ex

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 02:13:03 PM

I have been using Bitronictech for a month and did have a few problems initially - I must say that Bryan though has provided good after sales service and I am gaining more confidence in their VPS (I would not recommend anything other than their "gold" VPS service but my server demands are probably higher than most as I am regularly using the GCC compiler among other things).

You will soon be seeing the launch of a new open source project from CIYAM with the VPS service that I have with them so perhaps checking on how that goes will be a telling sign.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: