Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:34:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NSACoin coming soon -- The coin that DDOS's you everytime you find a block  (Read 3755 times)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:59:06 PM

What if a malicious attacker uses it to intentionally cripple a machine? You're essentially creating a willing botnet with a huge amount of power that could cripple the host computer. I suppose as the difficulty rises the odds of finding a block are greatly decreased, and the odds of it happening would be considerably less likely, but just the thought is a little scary.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamb (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:01:05 PM

We might instead be changing this a bit so that rather than attack you, the network simply blocks you.
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:50:24 PM

We might instead be changing this a bit so that rather than attack you, the network simply blocks you.

I was thinking about this concept, after much lulz, and in either case, the miner will have an incentive to change IP addresses, a relatively simple thing to do and some people will have more resources to do this than others

It will also be easy to block the network's ion cannons
jaked

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:39:36 PM

I'm about a week from beta testing NSACoin and then a week or two after that we will mine the genesis block and have the release...no pre-mine but the starting difficulty will be rather high as a result of how the network will act.

Every time you find a block your IP will be revealed to the network and 10-15% of the network power will be devoted to DDOSing your IP until the next block is found.

Basically, this coin is like Russian Roulette with a payoff. You will get coins but then you'll get DDOS'd until the next block is found, rendering you unable to mine. The hope is that we will be able to kill off mining pools and people with large mining farms and give more power back to single miners.

This is a Scrypt based coin so you can go GPU crazy on it.

The reason I'm announcing it now is that I need probably 50-100 testers to make sure that this going to work reliably. There is no reward for being a tester other than a bunch of lols.

Please post below if you would like to be a tester

A fixed IP address costs around $5 per month.
One only needs 2 addresses to work around this design.

Say I have 2 addresses, IP1 and IP2.
I generate a block with IP1, then let it get attacked, while generating a block at IP2.
When IP2 is done, I switch back to IP1, and so on, alternating between the addresses..

This design won't reduce mining centralization.
BC-Trader

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:42:53 PM

inb4 IP's start disconnecting people's service over this  Roll Eyes

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
eddilicious

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:28:45 PM

I was thinking about this concept, after much lulz, and in either case, the miner will have an incentive to change IP addresses, a relatively simple thing to do and some people will have more resources to do this than others

Two hands up. whoever got a new block will not be granted another block in the next 4 blocks. done. guaranteed decentralized.
jaakkop

Activity: 63

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 12:51:39 PM

DDOS is a bit overkill for banning purposes. More sophisticated method would be to modify the protocol just to deny multiple blocks in the row from the same ip.
But then again, there's no point if pool has two public ip's for broadcasting found blocks to the network. Every time a block has been propagated, other ip goes down and the pool operates with the non-banned ip.

I'd buy that for a dollar bitcoin!
aaron_m

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:15:55 PM

How would this work against ddos protected pools? 

I like the idea, but think you need another method, like it blocks the previous pay out address from winning the next round, but still, that can be worked around quite easily too.

Like others have said the Ddos idea would be quite simple to dodge (rotating ips, tor new identity etc)
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:06:58 AM

Two hands up. whoever got a new block will not be granted another block in the next 4 blocks. done. guaranteed decentralized.

I like this idea. I've been on pools where the same 2 people discover almost EVERY single block. it gets kind of frustrating for those that can't throw 10,000+ kh/s

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
nocoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:14:57 AM

Lold at this thread. What a great idea, and what a pity it will never work.
kingimg

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:18:06 AM

so no pool ...and how and where to mine?
eddilicious

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:00:19 AM

I like this idea. I've been on pools where the same 2 people discover almost EVERY single block. it gets kind of frustrating for those that can't throw 10,000+ kh/s

yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. up up up. this is the coin I want to mine
lfruiled

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:44:54 PM

this idea seems kind of a joke
lololol33

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:48:55 PM