Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:22:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mybitcoin.com SCI Tools Tutorial?  (Read 2274 times)
praxeologist (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 03:38:17 PM

Is there any good explanation out there how to set this up?

My webhost has a PEAR extension called "Web_curl" though the readme asks for "Curl". It doesn't have "Preg", so I guess I am going to have to ask them to add it.

Do I need to ask them to add anything in order to use PGP too? I figure that while I am at it I may as well figure out how to use that as well.

These instructions make everything sound simple, but I don't think I understand what to do on most of the steps:

-= MyBitcoin SCI Automation and Receipt Toolkit for PHP v1.2 =-   

System Requirements:

PHP v4+
  Curl PHP Extension
  Preg PHP Extension
  GnuPG (optional, but recommended)
  MyBitcoin's SCI PGP Key installed (included in this archive, also optional)

Configuration Instructions:

1. Install all of the required software.

2. Copy the appropriate PHP files to your website's document root. 

3. Import the included PGP keyring file into your GnuPG. 

4 Edit the sci-config.inc.php to suit your needs. 

5. Test your installation by editing and running sci-auto-sample.php from the commandline ("php sci-auto-sample.php"). Make sure that GnuPG is able to verify the responses that are coming from MBC. (In a production installation you may want to delete that file. It is provided as an example only.) 

6. Edit sci-receipt-handler.php to handle the SCI receipt data. You may want to drop this data into your database, give a user access to a member's area, etc. This really depends on what you are selling and the type of site you are operating. (Renaming this file is recommended to enhance your site's security.) 

7. Update the SCI settings (such as the SCI Receipt URL location) on the MyBitcoin web site (located on the "Settings" page) to reflect your installation. 

8. Optionally this library can be used with Tor or I2P. Check the sci-config.inc.php file for more information. 

9. Use the button code generator on the login area of MyBitcoin.com, and follow the instructions to get your website integrated.

--

I don't understand what things like a "SCI Receipt URL location" is. It won't let me enable SCI Automation without one (step 7?), but then how am I supposed to enter information in the PHP files? If anyone could explain what all of these steps really entail I would appreciate it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hendi

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 04:16:59 PM

I have no direct experience with the mybitcoin SCI tools (but some years of php knowledge), but both curl and preg are php extension (nothing to do PEAR). preg is almost certainly enabled for you, curl should be also. Just try to run the script, if you get errors stating missing curl_xxxx or preg_xxxx functions then you're okay.

If you want, I can lend you a hand with setting this up. Just PM me and I'll see what I can do.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 05:17:34 PM

Ask your webhost to update their ancient version of PHP to something that dates to .... oh, anytime in the last couple of years? Oh, they should also install GnuPG, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

The receipt URL is wherever you put the sci-receipt-handler.php file (or its equivalent) on your site. This gets a request from mybitcoin after a payment is received, at which time your code in the file is supposed to update your database, mark an invoice paid, etc.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
praxeologist (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 08:03:59 PM

I'm chatting with my support because pages have been loading super slow and they said that I have curl/preg. I guess I just didn't know where to look for that stuff besides in PEAR extensions. My host is an off-brand of midphase, which I think has a pretty decent reputation or shouldn't be that outdated...

Some of these steps just aren't clear at all to me.

For #2, I am focused on one of my add-on domain names, so that is branched off from my main domain's root folder. I'm guessing it means the root folder of that domain, so I will just try that once my speed is fixed.

#3 I just have no idea how to use GnuPG... I think I am going to need a key to use #bitcoin-OTC in the future. I saw something online to use PGP4Win for win7. So, I have no clue how I would then be importing anything or into what...

Anyhow, thanks for the offer hendi. Maybe I will bug you once I have more time to try this which might not be until next week.

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 10:29:33 AM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MyBitcoin_SCI

The GPG stuff isn't covered in there. It comes down the fact that you add the MBC key to the public keyring of the process that php uses. Then it should just work(TM). You can also instruct GPG to look at a specific place for the public key ring.
praxeologist (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 05:07:14 PM

That looks good thanks, I'll check it out in a couple days when I am back. I did get GPG working at least on my own computer and a key for myself made, plus the PHP files uploaded, and it seems like I should be able to figure out the process then.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: