Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:30:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doe Een Wens (Make a Wish) is looking for help! See inside  (Read 882 times)
Amanda (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 02:56:18 PM

Hey there,

I'm Amanda, the so called 'Mother' of the Doe Een Wens stichting. It's a Dutch foundation for kids that aren't able to live a 'normal' live due to mental or physical handicaps. You can find our site at www.doeeenwens.nl. As an example of what we do, we look for kids that have a special wish (hence the name) of something they want to do once in their life but aren't able to do so because of financial problems or other reasons. We take cancer patients to their sports or music hero, we take kids suffering from leukemia to Disney World, those kind of things.

To afford this, we live from sponsors. These can be famous sportsmen (like Edwin van de Sar, who helped us out lately), as well as donations from the 'crowd'. And that's why I'm posting here! If you ever feel like helping kids live out their dream or have the best day of their life that they'll never forget, this is your chance!

You'd have our eternal graditute if you help us out on this. Donating can be done by Texting, Bank transfers or since lately.. Bitcoins! I started out with mining bitcoins as my own hobby, till I realized the potential of it for Doe Een Wens!

For the number to Text, see www.doeeenwens.nl. Bank transfer-donating can be done by filling in the form here. The Bitcoin Wallet I set up for Doe Een Wens is 1sx31pL4Sd36Wa6oNNs9rhnWGcLY5EhEf

Thanks a LOT, from both me and the kids you help!
Amanda
Mother of www.doeeenwens.nl

1Ea1oNDVmTUd657ncDPX69XYzVHJdTjgzL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 03:06:54 PM

Hi Amanda:

This is a wonderful idea. As soon as you put a Bitcoin icon on your website, linking to the address you list in your post, I will be the first to donate (provided no one else beats me to it).

And if you're not Amanda and you have nothing to do with the Make A Wish Foundation and are simply trying to make some free BTC from donations, there's a special place in hell reserved for you  Cheesy
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 03:54:40 PM

Yeah, absolutely, let's see the Bitcoin address on the website.  If you want our contributions, you have to do us a favor too by helping to spread awareness of Bitcoin.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
Amanda (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 03:57:52 PM

I will notify the webmaster to edit the logo or link on the site, thanks for the suggestion!

1Ea1oNDVmTUd657ncDPX69XYzVHJdTjgzL
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 04:01:13 PM

I will notify the webmaster to edit the logo or link on the site, thanks for the suggestion!

Great! I for one think one way to spread the word about Bitcoin is to get more NGO's and charities to start accepting it as donations. I'd LOVE to be able to donate some to Unicef, but when I wrote them about it, they said they have no plans to start taking BTC!!!

If this works out for you, it would be great if you could spread the news to Make A Wish in the US, Canada and other countries.

Cheers,
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 04:03:29 PM

Amanda, sorry if we come across as skeptical and somewhat rude.  We have been through a lot of scams recently.  Kudos to you for making this donation option available.  I now donate to organizations only with Bitcoin.  Sorry EFF, Mises.org, etc.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: