Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:09:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-05-20] Ukraine To Legalize Cryptocurrencies  (Read 114 times)
1jaffa1 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:03:25 AM

Ukraine is preparing draft legislation to legalize cryptocurrencies, according to a post by a member of the Ukrainian parliament, Alexei Mushak, on his Facebook page Tuesday, May 15.

Mushak attached a copy of the draft legislation document, urging readers to comment on the terms of the regulations proposed for the crypto market:

"We go to the home stretch to create conditions for digital tokens and cryptocurrency in Ukraine. This is the outcome of many meetings and work of many people. There are many more nuances left to figure out. The final version will be ready in two weeks. I ask you to comment and edit. The thoughts of market practitioners are especially important.”

Read more https://cointelegraph.com/news/ukraine-to-legalize-cryptocurrencies-invites-citizens-to-comment-on-proposed-regulations

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:51:18 AM

I myself am from Ukraine and therefore I got acquainted with this document and remained dissatisfied with it. Everything is somehow blurry and vague. This bill is small and has not been fully refined. There is no clarity in the wording, for some reason, licensing is introduced for crypto-currency activities for some of the major market players in this market. In general, the question of taxation is not clear. In general, everything is as usual. First try to create a basic document, and then by subsequent laws completely distort its content.
anthonydav

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:41:37 AM

I myself am from Ukraine and therefore I got acquainted with this document and remained dissatisfied with it. Everything is somehow blurry and vague. This bill is small and has not been fully refined. There is no clarity in the wording, for some reason, licensing is introduced for crypto-currency activities for some of the major market players in this market. In general, the question of taxation is not clear. In general, everything is as usual. First try to create a basic document, and then by subsequent laws completely distort its content.

At least you're working on it.
When it starts rolling one thing leads to another and it goes like dominoes.
Being patient and investing now is probably the best thing to do now.
SaintGraal

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:26:57 PM

Maybe these are just the first tries, it's difficult to make a good document from the first attempt. Anyway, the government is taking efforts.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:12:59 PM

In Ukraine, its legislative body, the Verkhovna Rada, already has a draft law, one of which, submitted and approved by the Verkhovna Rada's core committee, provides for recognition of the crypto currency as a means of payment and the complete clearing of the crypto currency from all taxes. By the way, when filing tax returns for the past year, information was disclosed that 46 members of the Verkhovna Rada indicated in their declarations their income in the crypto currency. The tax authorities explained that since these issues are not regulated in legislation in Ukraine, incomes in the crypto currency are not taxable. So for today in Ukraine full freedom of activity with кpиптoвaлютoй and it would be desirable that the Verkhovna Rada has accepted the bill specified by me. Then it will be an ideal country for working with crypto currency.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2127

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:37:25 PM

Every government has hundreds of drafted laws that are being worked on or await voting, but the reality is - not all of those laws get passed, so it's misleading to say that "Ukraine to legalize cryptocurrencies", especially since there was like 3 or 4 drafts already. It shows that some people in the government are interested in cryptocurrencies, but the rest of the government is not much. And cryptocurrencies are currently functioning relatively fine, there are multiple exchanges and mining farms, police and other officials interfere from time to time, but nothing too big. Regulations on the other hand might make things harder for regular users, even if it's claimed that it's for their own protection.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:55:09 PM

That is very good news to hear. It seems Europe has been showing a positive reaction towards cryptocurrencies. I say regulations are a good news because it would be better than a total ban. Let's hope it's not tough though.
crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:03:35 PM

Maybe these are just the first tries, it's difficult to make a good document from the first attempt. Anyway, the government is taking efforts.
This is the government we are talking about, they don't just pass laws without a good document, there's nothing like first attempt mistake when it comes to passing laws. The fact is if the documents are not clear, i believe it's just a way to shade the real intent of the law passed and when crypto begin to gain traction they will bend the law to their advantage.
anthonydav

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:40:08 PM

This is the government we are talking about, they don't just pass laws without a good document, there's nothing like first attempt mistake when it comes to passing laws. The fact is if the documents are not clear, i believe it's just a way to shade the real intent of the law passed and when crypto begin to gain traction they will bend the law to their advantage.

Something is better than nothing.
It's better to change bad laws than to have none.
gunmaster217

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:57:17 PM

It is very doubtful ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: