Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:46:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs has sales till January the 5th  (Read 1251 times)
ProudMiner (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:49:23 AM

Butterfly Labs has sales till January the 5th,
984$ for the 50 GH/s, 4.255$ for the 230GH/s. Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lassi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Burn the wings off those bastards.

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 11:11:00 AM

Butterfly Labs has sales till January the 5th,
984$ for the 50 GH/s, 4.255$ for the 230GH/s. Undecided

Guaranteed ship date?
Refund available?
RMA in a timely fashion when the units under perform or fail?

I suggest that anyone looking to buy an ASIC miner avoid BFL at all costs.

Now it's time for the FTC to put everything Butterfly Labs has done through the magnifying glass and then burn the wings off those bastards.
ProudMiner (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:04:33 PM

I just received this from BFL

Dear ,

We've received an enthusiastic response to our New Years sale promotion.

In fact, customer service has been flooded with emails wanting to know more about expected shipping times for our 65nm, in stock items.  So many emails have come in with this same question that we're unlikely to get through answering them before the sale is over.  With this in mind, we thought we'd proactively send the answer out to all of our customers.

In Stock Shipping Guarantee

Any 65nm items marked as in stock on the website are sitting on the shelf and will be shipped within a few business days of processing your order.  Please note that orders are only processed when full payment has been received.  This means it may take up to a week for bankwire or ACH transactions because these have to be cleared by the bank.  International wires or ACH and wires initiated around the holidays may take even longer because of bank closures. These things are out of our control.

Once we have confirmation of payment, we process orders immediately.

After reading about the above variables, if you still feel like your order is taking longer than expected, feel free to request a full refund prior to your order having been shipped.

Thanks you for your interest and have a great 2014!

Kind regards,
Butterfly Labs

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:08:11 PM

After reading about the above variables, if you still feel like your order is taking longer than expected, feel free to request a full refund prior to your order having been shipped.

Soon as you pay it goes into the shipping queue good luck getting a refund. You won't. You need to start reading anything BFL puts out with a mind to protect yourself against them doing to you what they have literally done to others in the past. What is LONGER THAN EXPECTED? What is immediate? 2 weeks? 1 month? Never?

If you are seriously considering buying from BFL you do so hopefully knowing that they have had a significant number of products failures and under performing units. Also note that RMA emails are rarely answered in a timely fashion. Good luck with your purchase. I would recommend no one buy from BFL based on the number of complaints filed against them with the FTC and the mountains of complaints posted in these forums. You are asking for trouble dealing with BFL in any other capacity than window shopper.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:31:59 PM

I just received this from BFL

Dear ,

Any 65nm items marked as in stock on the website are sitting on the shelf and will be shipped within a few business days of processing your order.  Please note that orders are only processed when full payment has been received.  This means it may take up to a week for bankwire or ACH transactions because these have to be cleared by the bank.  International wires or ACH and wires initiated around the holidays may take even longer because of bank closures. These things are out of our control.

I ordered the Jalapeno that was in stock on november 28th... Guess what.. I still dont have it.

They will be shipped withing a few business days of processing your order. <-- It took them almost 2 weeks to process my order, after processing it, they changed it to producing! Now it is finally shipping, and somewhere I dont know. Been in chicago since 26th of december according to the track & trace number.

Once we have confirmation of payment, we process orders immediately. <-- I paid in bitcoins, so no it was not a bankwire that took them so long.

Stay away from BFL, only people with bad experiences.
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:37:19 AM

I'll chime in on this one too, seeing they ban me from their forms for calling josh a scam, well due to him kindly telling everyone that we all should sell our preorders for the monarch on ebay and get back inline to reorder the new lower price $2,600 cut from $4,600 down to $2,100 card that they've  not even shipped.

They got an saying over there and on here don't get Joshed!

Icon

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:49:44 AM

I'll chime in on this one too, seeing they ban me from their forms for calling josh a scam, well due to him kindly telling everyone that we all should sell our preorders for the monarch on ebay and get back inline to reorder the new lower price $2,600 cut from $4,600 down to $2,100 card that they've  not even shipped.
They got an saying over there and on here don't get Joshed!

When they updated their sales terms to "All Sales are Final", it was effectively a legal license to bend all their customers over a barrel for an indefinite period of time, and absolve themselves of the need to rectify price adjustments.

Caveat Emptor.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:41:47 AM

... (Inaba / BFL_Josh) kindly telling everyone that we all should sell our preorders for the monarch on ebay and get back inline to reorder the new lower price $2,600 cut from $4,600 down to $2,100 card that they've not even shipped.

The great Mon Calamari Admiral Ackbar said it best:

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:18:12 AM

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:47:44 PM

You gotta be joshin' me mate!  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: