Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:40:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Identifying promising projects for investing  (Read 784 times)
reader31 (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:30:56 PM

Hey guys

As a investor what are some of the place where I can look to identify and invest in upcoming promising projects in their early stages. Wanted to get some advice from people based on their previous experience.

Thx.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
other_side

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:10:50 PM

As a investor what are some of the place where I can look to identify and invest in upcoming promising projects in their early stages.
Coins with unique code.
Solving P2P alt coin trading problem can be significant opportunity.
gogodr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:12:19 PM

Being an international investor is very complicated since keeping track of the project and your investment becomes difficult.
Look into your local area for start-up contests or make your own.
Other way is to go into dev communities of the topic you are interested on and see if anyone need help with a project you like.

another recommendation: don't just spend your money on something that you like. Invest in something that will give you profit. If the risk of not turning a profit is too high, don't invest. even if you love the product.
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:46:37 AM

Being an international investor is very complicated since keeping track of the project and your investment becomes difficult.
Look into your local area for start-up contests or make your own.
Other way is to go into dev communities of the topic you are interested on and see if anyone need help with a project you like.

another recommendation: don't just spend your money on something that you like. Invest in something that will give you profit. If the risk of not turning a profit is too high, don't invest. even if you love the product.
That's no way to live lol
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:52:08 AM

I believe in putting my money where my mouth is. The inverse of that is putting my mouth where my money is. So I can tell you want I invested in recently. Look into NextCoin (NXT). New pure proof of stake coin that is built from the ground up with brand new code, it has conceptually figured out how to make transactions instant and match visas workload. Additionally there are plans to implement decentralized exchange on the nxt blockchain. Check it out.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:26:03 AM

What level of involvement are you looking for?

Are you going to simply invest or are you going to oversee miner production?

Drop me an email if you are interested in the later.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 07:03:56 AM

Hey guys

As a investor what are some of the place where I can look to identify and invest in upcoming promising projects in their early stages. Wanted to get some advice from people based on their previous experience.

Thx.
Skype me. I can give you a tour of the space Charles_hoskinson

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
vintagetrex

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:40:06 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=396057.0
reiddouthat

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:40:22 AM

I believe in putting my money where my mouth is. The inverse of that is putting my mouth where my money is. So I can tell you want I invested in recently. Look into NextCoin (NXT). New pure proof of stake coin that is built from the ground up with brand new code, it has conceptually figured out how to make transactions instant and match visas workload. Additionally there are plans to implement decentralized exchange on the nxt blockchain. Check it out.

I agree totally. I own probably 14 "Alt-Coins" other than Bitcoin & Litecoin. Ive been keeping up with the 'crypto currency market' long enough to honestly understand as much as anyone (who dosent have an inside track or inside information)... I bought BTC when it was under 3 figures and Litecoin when it was only 'change' under a dollar by far. So I wasnt one who got Bitcoin for pennies but i've been seeing and studying the market, the new 'alt-coins' as they were being developed...
NxT is a crypto currency that is so extremely unique I dont even consider it an 'Alt Coin'... To me its the "Second" Crypto Currency to Bitcoin. Im not sure about how open sourced it is (the code was just released Jan 3rd 2014), but NxT could have 'Alt Coins' based off of its code from what I understand... But it may not allow it in its open source code.
Regardless; Litecoin is regarded as the silver to Bitcoin Gold. Yet; I see a very interesting dynamic now with the "Second" 100% Unique Crypto Currency developed now... and its under $.10 !!! What a deal, ten cents for the second crypto currency to bitcoin. I mean the first is almost a thousand dollars... Ive been snatching them up as quickly as I can.
This isnt even taking into account all of its features such as "Colored Coins" and more... check out the NxT Primer PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcqpya8dhiyg9fq/NXT%20-%20A%20Cybernetics%20Perspective%20V%200.1.pdf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: