Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 04:09:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ZERO] Zero Hedge Coin - Quantitative Easing Applied to Crypto Currencies  (Read 4304 times)
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:00:11 PM

reserved

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

solracx (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 08:36:00 PM

more updates to the spec.

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 08:37:39 PM

never heard of it.

;-)

sighle

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:46:59 PM

Forgive me because I am not an economics major but I see some flaws with this proposal which you might be able to answer..

This coin is "based" on the US dollar(only because you claim it is) and you are saying that it will be "worth" 0.001 USD per coin.

First - where are you getting this made-up value?

Second - Let's say hypothetically that this coin succeeds down the road and miraculously the US government gets involved and says that it's a legitimate form of currency, suddenly you are *causing an immediate 0.1% inflation to the entire US dollar*. That means it won't happen.

Furthermore, there is currently 1.23 Trillion dollars in circulation in the US. Are you saying that you are releasing 1.230 Quadrillion coins right off the bat to match it?

If so, that would be the highest number of coins released in a single cryptocurrency and with the systems you have in place, there is no theoretical limit to how many will be created.

The system makes no sense, feels like a scam. Prove me wrong.

Edit: Adjusted values for accuracy.

[DOGE]: D6EBXikfCaPqcEJULsR2qzrLWyGBdYEwGv
[LTC]: LbPrmVGKnVhn6G8FFGFdthPyP1tjFucZHu
BTC: 1JpJ4tTM2ZCCLQf1jAnTmQbKMq7LGbrmQG
cAllisTo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:28:11 PM

Reserved
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 09:34:49 PM

Forgive me because I am not an economics major but I see some flaws with this proposal which you might be able to answer..

This coin is "based" on the US dollar(only because you claim it is) and you are saying that it will be "worth" 0.001 USD per coin.

Second - Let's say hypothetically that this coin succeeds down the road and miraculously the US government gets involved and says that it's a legitimate form of currency, suddenly you are *causing an immediate 0.1% inflation to the entire US dollar*. That means it won't happen.

Furthermore, there is currently 1.23 Trillion dollars in circulation in the US. Are you saying that you are releasing 1.230 Quadrillion coins right off the bat to match it?

If so, that would be the highest number of coins released in a single cryptocurrency and with the systems you have in place, there is no theoretical limit to how many will be created.

We are merely following the prescription of the Federal Reserve in its Quantitative Easing strategy.   So, we mirror the amount and scheduling of the minting of coins in our algorithm.   The technique of following the patterns of a successful process is called a 'cargo cult' process.

If 1.23 trillion USD is created by Quantitative Easing, the 1.3 billion (not quadrillion) coins will be created.  

The coin starts out at zero and does not presume that there are any existing coins in circulation.   This would mirror the bankrupt state of the U.S. financial system at the time of TARP.

Do you recognize parody when you see it?

sighle

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:39:45 PM

We are merely following the prescription of the Federal Reserve in its Quantitative Easing strategy.   So, we mirror the amount and scheduling of the minting of coins in our algorithm.   The technique of following the patterns of a successful process is called a 'cargo cult' process.

If 1.23 trillion USD is created by Quantitative Easing, the 1.3 billion (not quadrillion) coins will be created.  

The coin starts out at zero and does not presume that there are any existing coins in circulation.   This would mirror the bankrupt state of the U.S. financial system at the time of TARP.

Alright, so in layman's terms this is basically a standard copy/paste coin release except the block volumes and intervals are based on the USD minting rate?

Does this also mean that there will be a 1.3 billion coin premine/genesis block or will those coins not exist?

solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 09:43:56 PM

Alright, so in layman's terms this is basically a standard copy/paste coin release except the block volumes and intervals are based on the USD minting rate?

Does this also mean that there will be a 1.3 billion coin premine/genesis block or will those coins not exist?

The block rate is based on the Federal Quantitative Easing schedule, compressed in time line by 1/5th of the original time and by 1/1000th of the original currency.

As mentioned in the quote,  the coin starts at zero.

solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 09:47:37 PM

impressed with the initial response.

if you are familiar with what this coin is about..... then you know that this is going to be really huge!

it could make dogecoin look like.... well a dog.

sighle

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:53:53 PM

The block rate is based on the Federal Quantitative Easing schedule, compressed in time line by 1/5th of the original time and by 1/1000th of the original currency.

I see. I appreciate your patience with my questions but I think it's important that these things be *approachable* if you want them to be popular. dogecoin is about as approachable as it gets and look how successful it's been(as far as exposure and activity).

When you start throwing around financial jargon and terms that most people don't understand, things become less approachable and people won't get involved with things they don't understand.

That's why I spoke earlier "in layman's terms" because you need to get to the core of what you're doing.

So.. True or False; This coin is a scrypt copy/paste coin with block targets and sizes arbitrarily based on the USD "Quantative Easing" program. The value you've given it only serves as a way to decide block sizes, not necessarily the coin's actual value and the coin doesn't offer anything new on the technical side.

solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 10:00:52 PM

I see. I appreciate your patience with my questions but I think it's important that these things be *approachable* if you want them to be popular. dogecoin is about as approachable as it gets and look how successful it's been(as far as exposure and activity).

When you start throwing around financial jargon and terms that most people don't understand, things become less approachable and people won't get involved with things they don't understand.

That's why I spoke earlier "in layman's terms" because you need to get to the core of what you're doing.

So.. True or False; This coin is a scrypt copy/paste coin with block targets and sizes arbitrarily based on the USD "Quantative Easing" program. The value you've given it only serves as a way to decide block sizes, not necessarily the coin's actual value and the coin doesn't offer anything new on the technical side.

This coin is targeted to financial folks who understand the financial jargon.  

If you are looking for a coin for the masses,  then maybe dogecoin is your coin.

The coin has the typical innovation that most coins out there have.   The primary difference is the use of the Federal Reserve's Quantitative Easing schedule.

However, the coin is similar in spirit to 'DogeCoin' in that this coin is based on a meme (but one targeted for financial folks).

sighle

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:07:12 PM

This coin is targeted to financial folks who understand the financial jargon.  

If you are looking for a coin for the masses,  then maybe dogecoin is your coin.

The coin has the typical innovation that most coins out there have.   The primary difference is the use of the Federal Reserve's Quantitative Easing schedule.

However, the coin is similar in spirit to 'DogeCoin' in that this coin is based on a meme (but one targeted for financial folks).

And it's supposed to be huge? Ok. Good luck.

eddilicious

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:10:12 PM

I found the historical LIBOR rates. 

This will be used to calculate the interest rates for the Proof of stake calcuations.  http://www.fedprimerate.com/libor/libor_rates_history.htm

have you not heard libor is manipulated by PDs? Grin
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 11:59:20 PM

I found the historical LIBOR rates. 

This will be used to calculate the interest rates for the Proof of stake calcuations.  http://www.fedprimerate.com/libor/libor_rates_history.htm

have you not heard libor is manipulated by PDs? Grin

yeah, I heard that, this is the historical (of course manipulated) rates.

we try our best to replicate the original conditions. ;-)

theomoplatapus

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:02:37 AM

So how is this different from Bernankoin?

#Bitcoin
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:21:25 AM

So how is this different from Bernankoin?

Bernanke isn't the Fed chairman anymore.  So that coin is obsolete.  ;-)

procrypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:23:25 AM

Confused as to why you chose the ZH moniker.

This would be like launching a vegetarian restaurant that only served meat.
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:36:04 AM

Confused as to why you chose the ZH moniker.

This would be like launching a vegetarian restaurant that only served meat.

Because, buying a crypto currency is like shorting the USD.

If you buy BTC,  are you long or short USD?   You are short USD.   So this is equivalent to shorting QE.

The ZH moniker is surprisingly accurate.

awais3344

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:27:53 AM

interested  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
KKomygod

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:44:20 AM

waiting for official announcement from zerohedge...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: