Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:06:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC -- are they actually delivering hardware ?  (Read 705 times)
Technologov (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:50:48 PM

Anyone received working ActM / Virtual Mining Corp hardware, such as Prospector or other ?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:42:09 PM

Anyone received working ActM / Virtual Mining Corp hardware, such as Prospector or other ?

Yes. Many have.

See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591368.240
Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr281yTrCVY
and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbRFvEAJ3-A

People are getting between 600gh/s and 650gh/s out of them, it seems. You can also use Mr. Teal and Co.'s cool web-app tool with them: https://peppermining.com/pepper-miner-app/.

Edit: And the GoldRush seems to be moving fast lately... There was 142 miners in stock a week ago, now the site shows 21 in stock. (http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product)

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:14:55 PM

DON'T buy from ActM/VMC! Please!

Read here about them: http://www.coindesk.com/missouri-secretary-state-halts-mining-business-deceptive-tactics/

Also check my topic where they are deleting my legitimate posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253282.0

There are numerous complains from people who didn't received anything from them and waiting a couple of months for refunds. So DON'T buy from them!

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:18:37 PM

There are numerous complains from people who didn't received anything from them and waiting a couple of months for refunds. So DON'T buy from them!

Not to mention the complaints of people who were shipped DOA hardware, sent them back for RMA and have since been ignored with no hardware returned.

In fact, one can ask computerjesus about his $26,000 order from VMC and how that's working out for him.
kleeck

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:28:38 PM

Feel free to ignore kleeck, he has been shilling for this con since the beginning.  Luckily, turns out that the world is just, and he is stuck holding the bag.  Active Mining/VMC is broke, has just lost a court case, other cases are in the works, making Active Mining shares worthless (less than one percent of issue price).  Many customers, among them a Coindesk hardware reviewer, have been denied refunds for months.  

Stay away from this trainwreck.

And kleeck, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Feel free to point out where I was wrong in my initial post.

Thanks!  Cheesy

Edit: Roadstress does raise a valid point about refunds. Read the thread I linked. You'll see a mixed bag of people waiting (for a ridiculous amount of time, imo) for refunds and people receiving and tweaking their miners for best performance. No one has recieved a DOA miner (maybe computerJesus?), to my knowledge, but there was one guy who got one that "died" before the 10 day warranty.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:37:30 PM

No one has recieved a DOA miner (maybe computerJesus?), to my knowledge, but there was one guy who got one that "died" before the 10 day warranty.

Must be nice. I got 14 doa boards. Ken told me it was hard to believe they were all doa. So he sent me a raspberry pi. He said that the boards would plug and play with the pi. They didn't. So I ask if I can return them or get a refund. He said return them and if they work I'm going to charge you a 20% restocking fee. I said you'll have to prove to me that they are working if u want me to do that. So I drove to Springfield mo to their warehouse. Ken wasn't there but i talked to two other employees. I returned the boards to them. They said ken would check the boards in two days when he got in to mo. A week went by before I finally talked to ken. He said he was sick and hasn't checked them yet but that he would check them that night. He also said if they were all doa he would replace them immediately. Haven't heard back since. It's been a month since I was shipped 14 dead boards. And I don't have a refund or replacement prospectors. Wtf!!!!!!!! Worst customer service ever. @ KEN. Money or miners. But I want them now or I'm going to the mo da and ada
kleeck

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:41:59 PM

No one has recieved a DOA miner (maybe computerJesus?), to my knowledge, but there was one guy who got one that "died" before the 10 day warranty.

Must be nice. I got 14 doa boards. Ken told me it was hard to believe they were all doa. So he sent me a raspberry pi. He said that the boards would plug and play with the pi. They didn't. So I ask if I can return them or get a refund. He said return them and if they work I'm going to charge you a 20% restocking fee. I said you'll have to prove to me that they are working if u want me to do that. So I drove to Springfield mo to their warehouse. Ken wasn't there but i talked to two other employees. I returned the boards to them. They said ken would check the boards in two days when he got in to mo. A week went by before I finally talked to ken. He said he was sick and hasn't checked them yet but that he would check them that night. He also said if they were all doa he would replace them immediately. Haven't heard back since. It's been a month since I was shipped 14 dead boards. And I don't have a refund or replacement prospectors. Wtf!!!!!!!! Worst customer service ever. @ KEN. Money or miners. But I want them now or I'm going to the mo da and ada

Not going to even refute the emboldened. I wasn't aware of the details of computerjesus' case. Has he provided an update since this post?

My point is that the answer to OP is clearly "yes". Hardware is being delivered, apparently some DOA, as in computerJesus case (which appears to be a Prospector order). The thread where I haven't seen any DOA reports was the Gold Rush one - which I'm assuming is the miner that OP is inquiring about.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
kleeck

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:35:39 PM

Feel free to ignore kleeck, he has been shilling for this con since the beginning.  Luckily, turns out that the world is just, and he is stuck holding the bag.  Active Mining/VMC is broke, has just lost a court case, other cases are in the works, making Active Mining shares worthless (less than one percent of issue price).  Many customers, among them a Coindesk hardware reviewer, have been denied refunds for months.  

Thanks!  Cheesy

Your post was technically correct.  Just as Ken's claim that he is shipping product was technically correct (though he later clarified that the product shipped was a rack sliderail, not the expected miners.)

So yeah, some products have shipped, but, especially now that te company is broke and its stock worthless, the odds of OP getting a working one shipped to him are slim to none. 

Ah, "technically correct", the best kind of correct!

You are extremely confused.

VMC runs off of an inventory stock. Last check they had 21 miners in stock. If you order one your chances of receiving it are pretty good, although I have read a few stories of people not getting tracking info promptly and having trouble getting in contact with customer service. Again, I recommend that OP read the thread linked as that shows the reality of the situation.

Cheers!

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:08:27 PM

Thanks!  Cheesy

Your post was technically correct.  Just as Ken's claim that he is shipping product was technically correct (though he later clarified that the product shipped was a rack sliderail, not the expected miners.)

So yeah, some products have shipped, but, especially now that te company is broke and its stock worthless, the odds of OP getting a working one shipped to him are slim to none. 

Ah, "technically correct", the best kind of correct!

You are extremely confused.

VMC runs off of an inventory stock. Last check they had 21 miners in stock. If you order one your chances of receiving it are pretty good, although I have read a few stories of people not getting tracking info promptly and having trouble getting in contact with customer service. Again, I recommend that OP read the thread linked as that shows the reality of the situation.

Cheers!

Oh of course, inventory stock! Gee, there's no way this could be con too.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: