Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Promising Altcoins for 2014  (Read 23570 times)
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:05:29 PM

i would say Coinye because of the media attention?

Well Coinye proved that even with that media attention it is shit right now - the price is droping every day...
In my opinion the coins that can go huge are:
1. Worldcoin - fast transaction times, great team behind it and the scharmbeck beta test are going smooth and once it finish the coin may skyrocket to the moon Smiley
2. One of the "2nd generation" coins (ripple etc.)
3. Earthcoin - great marketing team behind this I like it.

Anyway it will be a very interesting year for the cryptos and imo we can expect only better things to come in the near future Smiley

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trackpantsboner

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:06:00 AM

Franko

Rarely mentioned

May be the one that nobody talks about that does well

One of the lowest caps
GreenWins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:54:58 PM

I've dropped all my NXT... I find it near impossible to to forge.  Maybe it'll improve once they fix the source code.

What's the appeal of  Quark, Earthcoin, or Dimecoin for that matter vs. Litecoin?  

Quark introductory video.
http://youtu.be/vb8si58DW9Y

Quark is faster, more stable, and better distributed. Also another benefit is that the mining process is almost over which will mean even better distribution. While Litecoin, and Bitcoin will get their mining monopolized meaning average people like you and I won't be able to attain it and will create worst coin distribution. The bad part of having a long mining period and ASIC mining that is coming to Litecoin.

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:01:49 PM

Curecoin, eMoney, Ethereum, maybe Ripple, maybe Devcoin.
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:14:24 PM

Leafcoin
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:42:57 PM

I've dropped all my NXT... I find it near impossible to to forge.  Maybe it'll improve once they fix the source code.

What's the appeal of  Quark, Earthcoin, or Dimecoin for that matter vs. Litecoin?  

Quark is faster, more stable, and better distributed. Also another benefit is that the mining process is almost over which will mean even better distribution. While Litecoin, and Bitcoin will get their mining monopolized meaning average people like you and I won't be able to attain it and will create worst coin distribution. The bad part of having a long mining period and ASIC mining that is coming to Litecoin.

I just saw the video, looks promising. I'm pretty new to Cryptos and looking for buying just a little in different currencies. I bought BTC and LTC already on BTC-e. Where can i get some Quark, also does it have a Reddit so i can see more info on this.
GreenWins

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:36:13 PM

I just saw the video, looks promising. I'm pretty new to Cryptos and looking for buying just a little in different currencies. I bought BTC and LTC already on BTC-e. Where can i get some Quark, also does it have a Reddit so i can see more info on this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/

You can get Quark at cryptsy.com or coinmkt.com

sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:50:57 PM

Quark will rise in popularity for sure.
tierneykong

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:18:23 AM

2014 is all about the DOGE! It's currently 141 times cheaper than it should be! Won't be that way for long!  Wink
akaCash

Activity: 72

I learn fast :)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:23:22 AM

I'm actually intrigued by a little coin called KlondikeCoin. I've made a couple posts about it before, it might be a sentimental thing, as it was the first coin I was able to get in early on when I first got my GPU's a couple weeks ago. Lol. In any event though, the developers seem to be staying active with it, so maybe it'll pop who knows. My thought was since it's Canadian themed it might catch on in Canada and find a little market there. I don't have anything wrapped up in it aside from what I've mined so I'm not going to be bummed if it flops or anything, but I am curious to see how it goes.

LottoCoin, and Dogecoin are the other 2 I could potentially see this year being a big one for. Doge for obvious reasons, and Lottocoin for similar reasons as Klondike. The difference though, is Lottocoin has already established itself somewhat. It's nothing huge, but it does have a community behind it that also seems active, and a bit bigger, so I'm interested in seeing how that turns out as well.

Any donations greatly appeciated!
BTC = 12aSS1d7Sy6MQDmxSZ59kK5uhVL8UjuKdR
LTC = LLoxWcXWwnnJ5Mo6xQpFuZcodLyyBxoorf
enerbyte

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:42:46 AM

Vertcoin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.0
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:00:21 AM

http://cryptosource.org/good-buys-and-coins-to-avoid-how-daily-coin-maintenance-costs-should-factor-into-your-investment-decisions/

This indicates QRK as the best market cap/maintenance cost coin. Another one on here that I just invested in this week is Zeta which has very low maintenance costs for its market cap. Doge is a sell, and LTC looks scary.

Producer
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:03:28 AM

Myself and sevoque are the ones who made the best calls here. did you happen to listen to either of us?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
scottii

Activity: 804
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 01:12:22 AM

The image speaks for itself.  Smiley

LOL
all cryptocurrencies do the same

2014 is of DOGE

DOGE wont last: http://cryptosource.org/good-buys-and-coins-to-avoid-how-daily-coin-maintenance-costs-should-factor-into-your-investment-decisions/#comment-182

Earthcoin, less that 10 secs?  That's awesome!

I'd say the best coin for 2014 is the one with the most vendors.  Right now, it's gotta be Litecoin, but that could. change.

Maybe we should have an award ceremony for each coin.  Best coin, unique coin, scam coin, etc., etc.
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:26:37 AM

Vertcoin!
EbonHawk

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:40:58 AM

DOGE

Maybe EAC too

"Se você não achar uma forma de ganhar dinheiro enquanto dorme, você vai trabalhar até morrer" - Warren Buffett
bdannnn
Copper Member

Activity: 224

Developer

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:44:03 AM

The next big one:

Developer
Futurecoin

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:53:19 AM

NXT coin derivatives will lead the way
louisreel

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:26:49 AM

DOGE is fun and will continue up for a bit, but I think it's decline will begin in the next year as people get bored of it.

Ripple will have a big year as more gateways come on board, volumes increase and client is improved.  More gateways will also allow for small scale remittance to start up, showing some of it's real potential.  Along with greater trading of bitcoin and alt coins.  Hard to beat instant transactions and relatively user friendly trading platform.  Ripple has also finally come up with a good way to distribute XRP with the BOINC giveaway.  It has a solid 'mining' type process that actually puts computing power to good use.

GreenWins

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:32:58 AM

I also think transaction speed will start coming into play too.

We have all waited hours for Bitcoin before and that is definitely one of the most frustrating thing about Bitcoin.
Quark and Doge both have pretty fast transaction speed so that might come into play. Although Quark is the faster one.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: