Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:46:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World Coin 2014  (Read 917 times)
CarbonAssassin (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:26:33 AM

What are your guys thoughts on whats going to happen to this coin? Holding it myself obviously i hope up but it would be nice to know your opinions!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shigoga

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:41:32 AM

gonna take off once Scharmbeck goes live next month.

hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:42:55 AM

I was heavily invested in WDC, and got in early enough to make out well with that investment.

Speed is of massive importance; Bitcoin and many alts lack there. WDC solves for that issue.

However, I am not sure WDC delivers enough to make it a solid long term investment. It is great that Scharmbeck is trying to make it a serious option for regular usage, but I am not sure Bitcoin blockchain based systems can keep up with heavy transaction volumes.

In contrast, a lot of entrepreneurs are trying to solve for speed and other issues with closed centralized payment systems. I think Circle suggest a looming threat to crypto currencies:

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2013/12/27/michele-burns-circle/

I thought WDC would be my long term investment, but decided to switch to Ripple, after seeing the broader set of problems it tackles.

Ripple has a great team, solid funding (Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, IDG Capital Partners, FF Angel, Lightspeed Venture Partners, The Bitcoin Opportunity Fund and Vast Ventures), and impressive tech. I see Ripple Labs operating on an entirely another different level.

Ripple Contracts is a mind blowing concept for finance:

https://ripple.com/wiki/Contracts

WorldCoin has a long way to go to compete in this space. I hope it does make major inroads, and do believe it holds genuine promise. Competition is great. Let the markets decide.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:00:48 AM

I was heavily invested in WDC, and got in early enough to make out well with that investment.

Speed is of massive importance; Bitcoin and many alts lack there. WDC solves for that issue.

However, I am not sure WDC delivers enough to make it a solid long term investment. It is great that Scharmbeck is trying to make it a serious option for regular usage, but I am not sure Bitcoin blockchain based systems can keep up with heavy transaction volumes.

In contrast, a lot of entrepreneurs are trying to solve for speed and other issues with closed centralized payment systems. I think Circle suggest a looming threat to crypto currencies:

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2013/12/27/michele-burns-circle/

I thought WDC would be my long term investment, but decided to switch to Ripple, after seeing the broader set of problems it tackles.

Ripple has a great team, solid funding (Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, IDG Capital Partners, FF Angel, Lightspeed Venture Partners, The Bitcoin Opportunity Fund and Vast Ventures), and impressive tech. I see Ripple Labs operating on an entirely another different level.

Ripple Contracts is a mind blowing concept for finance:

https://ripple.com/wiki/Contracts

WorldCoin has a long way to go to compete in this space. I hope it does make major inroads, and do believe it holds genuine promise. Competition is great. Let the markets decide.

eMunie is suitable for what ur looking for, its truly the nextgen crypto, chk it out.

hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:14:22 AM

eMunie is suitable for what ur looking for, its truly the nextgen crypto, chk it out.

I have had my eye on eMunie, as well as NXT, MasterCoin, and Monetas. Any could end up being big. I plan to spread my investments around. eMunie, if I understand correctly, is designed to discourage speculation? I am not sure if its expanding and contracting money supply may make it a poor investment. Based on the maturity of Ripple Labs, it remains my top choice for the moment. I also think it has the greatest appeal to drawn in traditional investors that are expected to be entering the crypto world this year.

I do not want to thread-jack this WDC discussion, so everyone---sign up for the beta:

https://scharmbeck.com/

I am still eagerly awaiting my chance to check out the site. I have not heard negatives about it yet.

My understanding is that Scharmbeck is led by the same people behind the WorldCoin foundation. It definitely helps WDC stand out that they have a team like this driving things forward:

http://worldcoinfoundation.org/en/about/board-members

It definitely seems they take the future of WDC seriously---and it could work out well.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: