Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to buy the newest mining generation  (Read 2737 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 05:44:03 AM

Did you really just advise someone to look at BFL miners and youre a Hero Member?...thats such a noob move and pretty shameful actually

Are you trolling? Because i don't understand how can you recommend BFL...

Oh God. Here we go again. I swear I'm the one guy on these forums who doesn't hate them. I've been a customer of theirs since the FPGA days, and I've always had good luck with them. They're slow, but always deliver a solid product in the end.

Their support has always taken care of me as well. I'm sorry, but Avalon support was a joke. ASICMiner support is pretty much this forum. KNC is ok, I guess, but they're not in the US. When BFL shipped me a replacement PSU, it was at my door 2 days later.

Yes, I have several Monarchs on pre-order. I'm not gonna gush all over them, but would you all get off my ass? You'd think I just admitted to worshiping Hitler or something.

BFL products are good.  Not sure why people bashing them.  All manufacturers have/had delays.  Monarchs are good upgrade to existing GPU rigs.
I'd buy Monarchs, but I got burned with BFL chips so I'm going to sit this round out.

Take a look at KNC Neptunes and Black Arrow...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:54:05 AM

Why do you not suggest buying from ButterflyLabs? With their new years promo, i was considering to buy 50GHs units for $984.00. I was thinking to get 4 of those...
What miners would you suggest then?

Why not buy from BFL? I'd list the threads for you but it would take all of 2014 Wink
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:35:07 AM

Did you really just advise someone to look at BFL miners and youre a Hero Member?...thats such a noob move and pretty shameful actually

Oh God. Here we go again. I swear I'm the one guy on these forums who doesn't hate them. I've been a customer of theirs since the FPGA days, and I've always had good luck with them. They're slow, but always deliver a solid product in the end.

Their support has always taken care of me as well. I'm sorry, but Avalon support was a joke. ASICMiner support is pretty much this forum. KNC is ok, I guess, but they're not in the US. When BFL shipped me a replacement PSU, it was at my door 2 days later.

Yes, I have several Monarchs on pre-order. I'm not gonna gush all over them, but would you all get off my ass? You'd think I just admitted to worshiping Hitler or something.

Yes, you are the one guy...and there is always THAT guy. Even Hitler hates BFL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w

Just because you might have had a lucky experience with BFL, doesnt mean you should be recommending them to new miners. You are the 1 out of every thousand that was content with their performance as a company. Being a Hero Member, a noob might trust you not knowing there are thousands of other posts calling BFL a scam, which in my opinion they are. Of course they deliver a solid product, they mined with it for 2 months before they sent it to you. Im glad you ordered those monarchs, maybe you will now feel what everyone has experienced. They will be worthless by the time they arrive just like everything else they put out. When KNC delivered their first round of jupiters they were hashing above what they had promised by 30-40 percent. People sold jupiters for 25k after mining with them for 2 months, and thats on a 6k dollar purchase price. BFL crap never even makes it to the actual buyer because the preorder is sold on ebay after they figure out it will be worthless by the time it comes. That practice pushes more people away from bitcoin in general and takes advantage of noobs. I did it myself, and BFL put me in that situation.  BFL is one of the last black eyes of bitcoin and I would love to see that company burn to the ground. KNC is the best mining company in the business imho...oh yeah and BFL sucks
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:10:33 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=398290.0
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:54:51 PM

Yes, you are the one guy...and there is always THAT guy.

Of course they deliver a solid product, they mined with it for 2 months before they sent it to you. Im glad you ordered those monarchs, maybe you will now feel what everyone has experienced. They will be worthless by the time they arrive just like everything else they put out. When KNC delivered their first round of jupiters they were hashing above what they had promised by 30-40 percent. People sold jupiters for 25k after mining with them for 2 months, and thats on a 6k dollar purchase price. BFL crap never even makes it to the actual buyer because the preorder is sold on ebay after they figure out it will be worthless by the time it comes. That practice pushes more people away from bitcoin in general and takes advantage of noobs. I did it myself, and BFL put me in that situation.  BFL is one of the last black eyes of bitcoin and I would love to see that company burn to the ground. KNC is the best mining company in the business imho...oh yeah and BFL sucks

Yes, I am just one guy, but I'm sharing my personal experiences, where you're sharing very vague and casual partial/mis-truths.

You have no proof they mined with the BTC equipment for any period of time before it was shipped to customers. The only info we have on that suspected action is A) They promised no pre-mining with customer hardware, B) All customer hardware was squeaky clean when people were getting them, including mine, and C) it took ~2 weeks to burn in the chips to where they would setting on a consistent hashrate every time you powered them on. That doesn't sound like a piece of hardware that had been mining for 2 months.

So I have multiple TH/s coming in April (hopefully, I will admit that the shipping date is unknown), but how is that any different than any of the 2TH units that people are pre-ordering?

IMO, BFL shot themselves in the foot when they increased their hashrate of the Singles from 40GH/s to 60GH/s (50% increase, before they had any chips to go by). Remember when they increased the hashrate to compete with the bASIC, which turned out to be an incompetent failure? They had to up the hashrate to stay relevant, but in doing so they had to redesign the board. I'm not expecting anything like that this time.

You have info on how many pre-orders were sold on ebay? It's prolly not the thousands of actual orders they sold/delivered. I know I didn't sell any of my pre-orders on ebay.

And please keep in mind: I'm not bashing KNC. They shipped a lovely product. I just don't think they poop glittery gold like you seem to think. I also don't think BFL (or Josh) is the spawn of Satan, like you seem to think. I like to take a more realistic, balanced approach, and weigh their pros/cons (of which there are some on both sides).

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:31:41 AM

Of course they deliver a solid product, they mined with it for 2 months before they sent it to you. Im glad you ordered those monarchs, maybe you will now feel what everyone has experienced. They will be worthless by the time they arrive just like everything else they put out. When KNC delivered their first round of jupiters they were hashing above what they had promised by 30-40 percent. People sold jupiters for 25k after mining with them for 2 months, and thats on a 6k dollar purchase price. BFL crap never even makes it to the actual buyer because the preorder is sold on ebay after they figure out it will be worthless by the time it comes. That practice pushes more people away from bitcoin in general and takes advantage of noobs. I did it myself, and BFL put me in that situation.  BFL is one of the last black eyes of bitcoin and I would love to see that company burn to the ground. KNC is the best mining company in the business imho...oh yeah and BFL sucks

Yes, I am just one guy, but I'm sharing my personal experiences, where you're sharing very vague and casual partial/mis-truths.

You have no proof they mined with the BTC equipment for any period of time before it was shipped to customers. The only info we have on that suspected action is A) They promised no pre-mining with customer hardware, B) All customer hardware was squeaky clean when people were getting them, including mine, and C) it took ~2 weeks to burn in the chips to where they would setting on a consistent hashrate every time you powered them on. That doesn't sound like a piece of hardware that had been mining for 2 months.

So I have multiple TH/s coming in April (hopefully, I will admit that the shipping date is unknown), but how is that any different than any of the 2TH units that people are pre-ordering?

IMO, BFL shot themselves in the foot when they increased their hashrate of the Singles from 40GH/s to 60GH/s (50% increase, before they had any chips to go by). Remember when they increased the hashrate to compete with the bASIC, which turned out to be an incompetent failure? They had to up the hashrate to stay relevant, but in doing so they had to redesign the board. I'm not expecting anything like that this time.

You have info on how many pre-orders were sold on ebay? It's prolly not the thousands of actual orders they sold/delivered. I know I didn't sell any of my pre-orders on ebay.

And please keep in mind: I'm not bashing KNC. They shipped a lovely product. I just don't think they poop glittery gold like you seem to think. I also don't think BFL (or Josh) is the spawn of Satan, like you seem to think. I like to take a more realistic, balanced approach, and weigh their pros/cons (of which there are some on both sides).

Josh might not be the spawn of Satan, but I was gobsmacked when I read something he wrote to a "complaining customer". It was a total rant, worthy of a 3-year old, not someone running any kind of business. If you've been lucky with BFL, you've been *really* lucky.
PolkRB

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 06:38:05 AM

BFL products are good.  Not sure why people bashing them.  All manufacturers have/had delays.  Monarchs are good upgrade to existing GPU rigs.
I'd buy Monarchs, but I got burned with BFL chips so I'm going to sit this round out.

Most are bashing the BFL company, their prices and constant delays, not the actual miners. When they come on time they work ok, but I can't recall anyone getting it on time. I still haven't got reply to my email over a week ago asking about 50GH boxes, discount availability etc.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:00:31 AM

Most are bashing the BFL company, their prices and constant delays, not the actual miners. When they come on time they work ok, but I can't recall anyone getting it on time. I still haven't got reply to my email over a week ago asking about 50GH boxes, discount availability etc.

What use is mining equipment delivered months late? None.
PolkRB

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:11:06 AM

What use is mining equipment delivered months late? None.

Exactly!
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:14:24 AM

Well they gave the foundation 21000 bitcoins back in like May when they were still dicking people around on the regular, so thats why I think they were mining with the chips the whole time. Secondly, I look on ebay everyday and people probably sold a few thousand at least BFL preorders thru them. So much so that EBAY now does not allow the sale of preorders anymore. And that is a direct result of BFL, to say otherwise is just plain full retard. People were selling their monarchs preorders back in october. People took massive losses just to try and recoup something from their investments. Poor bastards...I bet it turned a lot of people off of bitcoin, so BFL is bad for bitcoin. Someone on this forum was sticking up for BFL too. He ordered a miner last wednesday, and it didnt ship until yesterday. That was one of the ones on the shelf of course, yet it still takes a week for it to leave the factory...BFL is just bullshit. How can you not like KNC, their shit went out on time and clocked way above the promised GHs. I got a 50GH from bfl and it would only go to 48GH. Ill have my 3 neptunes that I ordered a month ago before you get your monarchs...I paid 30 bitcoins for 9TH which will probably actually be closer to 11TH by the time I get them...Now, when did you buy your monarchs? For how many bitcoins, and how much was a bitcoin worth when you paid? Please answer that if you havent blown your brains out yet...
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:13:20 AM

Check out http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ for a descent start at a list of hardware and their hashrates, costs, and delivery dates.

If you're looking for the best, I'd look for the 28nm or smaller miners. KNC Neptune, BFL Monarch, or a Cointerra TerraMiner, to start.

Did you really combine "If youre looking for the best" and  "butterfly labs" in the same sentence. Your bitcointalk membership should be revoked

C'mon, let's not exaggerate !
FYI, BFL are LEGIT !  True, they are well known for the delays (like all ASIC producers), but how many members of this community don't own a Jalapeno ?

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:04:56 AM

Check out http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ for a descent start at a list of hardware and their hashrates, costs, and delivery dates.

If you're looking for the best, I'd look for the 28nm or smaller miners. KNC Neptune, BFL Monarch, or a Cointerra TerraMiner, to start.

Did you really combine "If youre looking for the best" and  "butterfly labs" in the same sentence. Your bitcointalk membership should be revoked

FYI, BFL are LEGIT !  True, they are well known for the delays (like all ASIC producers), but how many members of this community don't own a Jalapeno ?

Err ... most of the community don't own a Jalapeno. More pertinent question is how many people that bought Jalapeno's got a positive ROI. Shall we have a poll? Smiley
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:31:10 AM

Err ... most of the community don't own a Jalapeno. More pertinent question is how many people that bought Jalapeno's got a positive ROI. Shall we have a poll? Smiley

Why not ?
Look here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411900.0

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:16:27 PM

Why not ?
Look here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411900.0

Thanks for putting that up. The only question left is whether people will admit to making a loss Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: