Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:53:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Atomic Trade New Virtual Currency Exchange USD BTC  (Read 44350 times)
ByronP (OP)

Activity: 599
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 05:52:06 PM

Why only 16 characters for the password, and why it says invalid password when i try to create account??? Do you not support special characters?? Personally i despise any service that places restrictions to my passwords. I hope you do not ask to reset it once a month  Undecided

Reset no, 2FA optional, secure password yes! Sorry security for all users whether they like it or not since it helps protect everyone.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:01:46 PM

Why only 16 characters for the password, and why it says invalid password when i try to create account??? Do you not support special characters?? Personally i despise any service that places restrictions to my passwords. I hope you do not ask to reset it once a month  Undecided

Reset no, 2FA optional, secure password yes! Sorry security for all users whether they like it or not since it helps protect everyone.

i guess he was griping about the 16 charachter limit on passwords. probably enough entropy though if you're using bcrypt and strong salts. i tend to agree that 16 charachters is a rather sheisty limit. my cryptsy password and email passwords both exceed the limit.  not an insult, your exchange is pretty decent(you claim its the most secure). don't ignore the users though. increase that weak password limit.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:10:40 PM

i guess he was griping about the 16 charachter limit on passwords. probably enough entropy though if you're using bcrypt and strong salts. i tend to agree that 16 charachters is a rather sheisty limit. my cryptsy password and email passwords both exceed the limit.  not an insult, your exchange is pretty decent(you claim its the most secure). don't ignore the users though. increase that weak password limit.

Everyone should be using 2FA. Given that.

It's a waste of time using over a 16 character password.  No one in the real world bothers with that crap.  All it does is force regular people to write passwords down or store it in a file on their computer.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ByronP (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 06:48:32 PM

Maintenance is scheduled for Monday  3/24/14 at 12 noon EST expect a 4-6 hour window, new system coming online :-)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:49:49 PM

It's a waste of time using over a 16 character password.  No one in the real world bothers with that crap.  All it does is force regular people to write passwords down or store it in a file on their computer.

maybe if you have problem remembering strings longer than 16 charachters.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:32:51 AM

It's a waste of time using over a 16 character password.  No one in the real world bothers with that crap.  All it does is force regular people to write passwords down or store it in a file on their computer.

maybe if you have problem remembering strings longer than 16 charachters.

Like your opinion matters?  Your PHP based exchange just "lost" 34 btc.

You yourself said that you "used" to be a bottom feeder

People don't change.

You are a liar, and a fraud.

You can't argue with this.  Atomic-Trade IS the most secure trading platform and features an extended SSL certificate.

Go back to your mother's basement r3wt.  You have lost all credibility/respect with the crypto community, and you are the last person anyone would listen to about security.

ByronP (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 05:24:27 AM

ECCoin added next poll is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529591
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:00:08 PM

Huh
Just let me enter my long sentence password please  Tongue
Calhil

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:57:23 PM

Is the site down for anyone else?

BLC & SKC node: addnode=192.3.171.213
BLC: BcaLHiLk74XXSZdebHQY8b3CaoEBLaPtoV
coin5l1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:51:20 AM

Really nice exchange, few things could be improved but great job.
thimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

thimo the dev

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:28:53 PM

This site is amazing!

i can rent this1
ByronP (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:06:52 AM

Site will start going down at 9pm EST
ByronP (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 02:37:47 AM

Party winners

Anthony (tshirt)
Niwde26 (tshirt)
Kruncha (tshirt)
SomeBodyHere (tshirt)
Bidoof (tshirt)
Deeyoh (tshirt)
MarcSummers ($50 card)
Wayniac30 (gridseed)

Congrats Everyone
D05GTO

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:15:58 AM

Congratz to everyone that participated in the event!  Enjoy the prizes!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
MarcSummers

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:27:54 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 07:52:16 PM by MarcSummers

Atomic Trade Advertisement Pool

https://i.imgur.com/pkqokVc.png

Fellow Atomic-Trade enthusiasts and ATP holders:

As I am sure many of us can agree, it is a huge relief to find a place to trade in the crypto world that we feel is legitimate and secure. If you are a fan like me, perhaps you want to see Atomic grow, and to affect its success in some way. While our community moves on from the hurdles of the last couple months, there is now a great opportunity to begin reshaping the image of the crypto industry. And Atomic is well positioned to be the premiere exchange at the forefront of this industry wide change. But we need to get the word out there! Would you like to have an impact on Atomic's position going forward? Maybe are you an ATP holder, and you would like to help assure that Atomic's user base continues to grow, those trade lights keep flashing, and the rewards keep rolling in.

I would, so I am starting a Byron approved ad donation pool. All BTC will be used to buy ad time/space on the 'Lets Talk Bitcoin!' Podcast Network (I definitely recommend a listen), or if someone has a better idea Id like to hear it.

Some info:

• I cant take the BTC and run because I stand to lose those precious atps
  • If the BTC gets "stolen" Ill refill the balance myself
  • If we dont raise enough for ads with the podcast, ill just send it over to Byron to use toward advertising he does
  • LTB Podcast has 30,000 listeners
  • Ads wont have a ref id
  • The basic price is BTC equivalent of $300.00 per 30 second ad.
  • Webpage ad space $400/mo
  • Voicing and producing a 30 sec ad is $300 - unless some of you have a golden voice and the skill to do it
  • There are other options but I dont think we are rich enough for them

Donate To: 1GtCEneAkQ4jKtcpJ2iPCXjMMiuYsUYNgi

https://i.imgur.com/fVrUkOYs.png

Cant donate? Great! Just post one of these somewhere like 4chan or something - http://imgur.com/a/UmJKy
or
Watch this short video and like it. If you dont like it, tell me what to change. Im an amateur afterall.
Youtube
Vimeo

Patrons of The Great Exchange:
Anonymous 0.0099 BTC
Anonymous 0.0093 BTC
Mogrith 0.0099 BTC
Harrybtc 0.011 BTC

The following motivational fud is just my opinion.
Atomic's main competitive advantages thus far have been its legitimacy as a fincen registered business in the US, and the ability to legally interface with us bank accounts. I think Atomic has more value added features in the works. Thats all awesome, however, there are more established exchanges gaining ground in the areas of atomics main attractions, i mean- ID verifications starting as early as next week. We need to attract more of those average joe bitcoin-curious new users.
/fud

Thank for reading and spread the good word

Other ideas:
coinmarketcap, Top Center. 2,905,000 Est.Impressions Available, $5.00 per 1K Imps
ByronP (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:35:14 AM

Sorry about the unexpected downtime... Need to install a mandatory security update.
D05GTO

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:14:56 AM

Much rather an quick update than missing coins  Grin

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
D05GTO

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:59:28 PM

Maintenance from Microsoft on some servers at the moment.  Will be online shortly.

https://www.Atomic-Trade.com

Thank you for your patience.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:03:15 PM

Gay font....  Oh.  Wait.  Can I call things gay anymore?
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 02:41:33 AM

Gay font....  Oh.  Wait.  Can I call things gay anymore?

Nope but it does look gay Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: