Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:47:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to purchase bitcoin that obtain illegally?  (Read 1340 times)
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:12:49 PM

ya that's why I am asking here.

Why? are you going to be receiving money you know to be stolen or fraudulently obtained?
Money Boy (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:20:12 PM

Why? are you going to be receiving money you know to be stolen or fraudulently obtained?

I do noticed that the one who been selling me BTC is scammer although he never cheat nor scam me since I am using a secure method and limit the amount of money of each trade. I am scarring he is using me as a medium of money laundering his stolen bitcoin or obtained illegally. I might facing the same situation again in future. At the same time I do need to know the risk if I am buying BTC from a stranger what kind of risk I might facing. I dun like to live in fear , doubt and uncertainty.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:27:52 PM

I do noticed that the one who been selling me BTC is scammer although he never cheat nor scam me since I am using a secure method and limit the amount of money of each trade. I am scarring he is using me as a medium of money laundering his stolen bitcoin or obtained illegally. I might facing the same situation again in future. At the same time I do need to know the risk if I am buying BTC from a stranger what kind of risk I might facing. I dun like to live in fear , doubt and uncertainty.

Nobody likes to live in fear, but I reckon you're probably being overly paranoid. What user and how much have you bought / spent?
Money Boy (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:50:01 PM

I just started about one month ago  everything has been go on smoothly and I do earn little   Cheesy. I been stop few days ago to revise my trading strategy.  Grin Daily sales can over equivalent to USD1,000 if using the lastest record.  
Caiapfas

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:12:31 AM

Heck I'll trade with him if he's giving you a good deal. what's he charging you? How are you paying him? How fast does he transfer the BTC after payment?

If you liked my post or found anything I said useful send some coffee change to
BTC = 3LxtsmCjRDPD6oYYwz31dwFJW9ktUy1Yuz
Money Boy (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:41:45 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 08:28:19 AM by Money Boy

Heck I'll trade with him if he's giving you a good deal. what's he charging you? How are you paying him? How fast does he transfer the BTC after payment?

I trade though localbitcoin and  I do type every detail about the trade in the messaging system. Payment method bank transfer.
andycee

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:03:03 AM

Think of bitcoins like cash. can you tell where your cash has been or what crimes in which it was involved?

errr....yes, the notes serial numbers which are logged from any major bank theft ?
bumpusee

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:06:15 AM

yes considering that bitcoins are not tied to any one's ip address

andycee

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:19:46 AM

Maybe its someone from the FBI selling off all those millions of Bitcoins illegally taken from the Silk Road  Grin
Money Boy (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:30:51 AM

yes considering that bitcoins are not tied to any one's ip address

Due to my understanding there is no standard or agreed method to show that someone is the owner of a wallet or  address. So IMO anyone also can be the owner if we know the password.
koldtoft

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:53:01 AM

I think from a legal standpoint, it would depend of the law wherever you are.

From a moral standpoint, it's the same regardless of where you are.
Money Boy (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:17:59 AM

I think from a legal standpoint, it would depend of the law wherever you are.

From a moral standpoint, it's the same regardless of where you are.

If in Africa?
Munz77

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:21:17 AM

From a legal perspective, if its small amounts then it may go under the radar as the risk/return is quite low.

If you are looking at a substantial sum, then there is more than the legal worry... What if you F with the wrong person?
Money Boy (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:26:35 AM

From a legal perspective, if its small amounts then it may go under the radar as the risk/return is quite low.

If you are looking at a substantial sum, then there is more than the legal worry... What if you F with the wrong person?

Truly agree cox I am plan to do it in regular basic
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: